Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2009, 07:37 PM

420 posts, read 1,193,416 times

Advertisements

I found the Nickels Worth my first day here. Sheds, barns, tractors, puppies and guns. It don't get any better than that. Drove to Clark Fork today and saw some geese and other birds on the way, clouds over the mountains, 81 degrees, scattered rain coming in the next few days.

Talked to the gentlemen I am buying the house from and they saw a fawn today. He told me to put in some apple trees and we should see bear which will be drawn to them. While we were talking A small colt ran out of the barn next door and started jumping all over the place. Should have taken a video.

Well, I will get back to you all later and update you on the weather and anything else I hear of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 11:21 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I am not good at north and south directions, but the house was off Old River Rd., on the side Heron MT is on.
We're (our property, that is ) on the same side of the river, so we must have driven past your old place many times.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman 100 View Post
I found the Nickels Worth my first day here. Sheds, barns, tractors, puppies and guns. It don't get any better than that. Drove to Clark Fork today and saw some geese and other birds on the way, clouds over the mountains, 81 degrees, scattered rain coming in the next few days.

Talked to the gentlemen I am buying the house from and they saw a fawn today. He told me to put in some apple trees and we should see bear which will be drawn to them. While we were talking A small colt ran out of the barn next door and started jumping all over the place. Should have taken a video.

Well, I will get back to you all later and update you on the weather and anything else I hear of.
Rub it in, rub it in! We won't be able to get back to our property again this summer...I'm heartsick... I want to see mountains and clouds and bears and fawns, and huckleberries...when we were driving to Sandpoint along 200 I had our videocamera rolling, and all of a sudden, right in front of us, a moose crossed the road! On camera!

Yes, do keep us updated. It hurts so good...

Old 08-12-2009, 11:55 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,438,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Rub it in, rub it in! We won't be able to get back to our property again this summer...I'm heartsick... I want to see mountains and clouds and bears and fawns, and huckleberries...when we were driving to Sandpoint along 200 I had our videocamera rolling, and all of a sudden, right in front of us, a moose crossed the road! On camera!

Yes, do keep us updated. It hurts so good...
Cough, Youtube cough cough...

Im on my way back up now.. Believe me buddy I know how you feel knowing you wont be back for a while.. Hang in there man, the time will pass..

Old 08-13-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
Cough, Youtube cough cough...

Im on my way back up now.. Believe me buddy I know how you feel knowing you wont be back for a while.. Hang in there man, the time will pass..
Trace,
That's not fair! I wanna go, too! But so glad for you that you're getting some NID time in now! Thanks for the encouraging words...come back on the porch, either when you're up there, or when you come back, and give us a report! Last year by this time I went on the Great Property Hunt for 5 days, and found our little piece of paradise as the last of 30 properties. I shoudn't complain--we've been there twice since then, taken out Permit to Build forms, found a contractor, cleared the driveway, determined the location for the house, designed the ranch gate etc. So there's some progress . That'll have to sustain me over the winter... Are you getting any closer to putting a manufactured home in? I've found a dozen great websites for manufactured log cabins. Not bad for a quick solution.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:58 AM

420 posts, read 1,193,416 times
Drove past the house yesterday morning in a total downpour. Saw 6 turkeys in my future front yard. Big old Tom and a bunch of smaller ones. Hard to believe they will go into a yard when all we want to do is eat em.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:12 AM

993 posts, read 3,251,826 times
I always wondered what a wild Turkey taste like??
I am just guessing I better stick with a Butterball

Old 08-14-2009, 11:36 AM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Hey Fisherman, where is your place? Looks really nice, you have to be excited. When do you get to move in?

Old 08-14-2009, 03:06 PM

Default Weekend! And Music!

Hey, it's weekend! Any special NID plans, real or imaginary? Anyone going to the last few days of the Sandpoint Festival? Hope you don't get too much rain this weekend if you're going! We were there in 2007, the weather was perfect, the food was terrific, and the Josh Ritter concert just knocked our socks off! I went on Amazon.com afterwards and bought everything that guy has recorded...

Here's a Porch Chat question for you: Are there any other good local (ID or MT) recording artists I should know about? Good songs, good lyrics? I'll listen to anything from blues and rock 'n roll to modern country and cowboy. Even classic heavy metal, in small doses!

Old 08-15-2009, 05:45 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,438,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Trace,
That's not fair! I wanna go, too! But so glad for you that you're getting some NID time in now! Thanks for the encouraging words...come back on the porch, either when you're up there, or when you come back, and give us a report! Last year by this time I went on the Great Property Hunt for 5 days, and found our little piece of paradise as the last of 30 properties. I shoudn't complain--we've been there twice since then, taken out Permit to Build forms, found a contractor, cleared the driveway, determined the location for the house, designed the ranch gate etc. So there's some progress . That'll have to sustain me over the winter... Are you getting any closer to putting a manufactured home in? I've found a dozen great websites for manufactured log cabins. Not bad for a quick solution.
Hey "buddy" Yeah Im here loving it! Moved some new machines into the shop, and getting some tractor work lined up.. Power should be in next week, and then we can hook up the well pump.. Its coming together..
We're still working on the house situation.. we may end up renting a house nearby for a while if the financing debacle hasnt smoothed out a bit..

Anyway, I'll be in and out over the next couple weeks but I'll keep checking in on the porch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho