Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 05:24 PM

420 posts, read 1,193,416 times

Advertisements

Hi gang here is the latest. Trimming trees, got the pasture cut. Yesterday a doe and two fawns were walking around the back yard. First time I saw deer so close. The weather is turning as I speak. Clouds, about 60 degrees and windy. Supposed to rain tomorrow. Train whistles at night, big moon out. Tell you one thing. You get in shape here real quick. I wake up each day with an excitement I have not had since I was a kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 07:20 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
Fingers crossed for the REAL fire season.... Santa Ana's will bring the nasty this year Im thinkin...
Im glad to say I wont be here for that... Good luck friends and neighbors...
Yeah, thanks....can you imagine the perfect storm...a bad fire season, at the same time as the flu hits!

Fisherman, your posts are my vicarious joy! Deer milling around your feet, breathable air in your lungs, fish jumping up into your frying pan (well, that'll probably happen soon! ) Sigh... Just wait until February--I'll post reports about the balmy temps and the blue ocean...

Last edited by Clark Fork Fantast; 09-05-2009 at 07:54 PM..

Old 09-05-2009, 08:06 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Default Have a great Labor Day weekend!

Okay, enough with the moaning--from me, that is! I hope everybody has a wonderful Labor Day weekend! What are your plans? Staying home or going somewhere?
Enjoy the Harvest Moon tonight if you get a glimpse of it!

Old 09-06-2009, 05:54 PM

420 posts, read 1,193,416 times
Ok CFF,
Here is some more. Clouds, rain and 13 turkeys walking around the property. Also saw about 30 Robins in the front yard. The Robins must be getting ready to migrate, I have never seen so many. Steady north breeze blowing and a balmy 60 degrees. When I find my digital camera I will take some photos of the wildlife for ya. I did get the deer on a disposable camera. When I get it developed I will attach a copy I scan.
Hang in there

Old 09-06-2009, 06:50 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,438,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman 100 View Post
Hi gang here is the latest. Trimming trees, got the pasture cut. Yesterday a doe and two fawns were walking around the back yard. First time I saw deer so close. The weather is turning as I speak. Clouds, about 60 degrees and windy. Supposed to rain tomorrow. Train whistles at night, big moon out. Tell you one thing. You get in shape here real quick. I wake up each day with an excitement I have not had since I was a kid.
Man thats great buddy... We see deer just about everyday on our place.. We saw a bunch of turkeys last trip too. Our adopted NID dog tries to keep everything spooked off, but they are still there...

And thats right about being more active.. You just cant help it.. So much to do, and you FEEL like doing it!!

Old 09-06-2009, 06:53 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,438,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Yeah, thanks....can you imagine the perfect storm...a bad fire season, at the same time as the flu hits!

Yes that has crossed my mind CFF... Lets pray nobody gets the crazy idea to coordinate something horrible. Stay safe, stock up, and stay alert..

Old 09-07-2009, 04:37 PM

170 posts, read 462,951 times
Quote:
...13 turkeys walking around the property. Also saw about 30 Robins in the front yard....I have never seen so many...
It's the sequel to ...."The Birds"

Old 09-07-2009, 05:30 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,923,410 times
Sounds really wonderful in your part of the world. i'm here in Tasmania Australia winter here, wishing i was in Northern Idaho in the sunshine enjoying a beer with you all ...we visited Idaho 2 years ago but didn't get to stop off anywhere but it did look very nice.The wildlife sounds great. We have small wallabies that visit every night and bandicoots and a lot of rabbits we would like to get rid of but can't, too pretty. Well will enjoy reading about your lives there and please more photo's.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:46 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,273,774 times
Yo porchers! How ya'll doin? Don't have much of a front porch, but here is to ya:

Old 09-07-2009, 10:49 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,273,774 times
Quote:
Ok CFF,
I did get the deer on a disposable camera.
Hang in there
Daily over here in Hauser too!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho