Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2009, 07:09 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,666,226 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,
Back online, with a new hard drive! Trace, love the pics--and I just have this thing about Riggins--it's a great place for a stopover on the way north/south!
Toyman, congrats on being megawired! Those pics give me vertigo... the last one looks like a piece of property on Sugarloaf Mt (Clark Fork) I almost looked at until I thought better of it...a stupendous view isn't everything--you also have to be able to get to a store once in a while!
The heat wave is over for now down here--we may even get some drizzle, can you believe it? Labor Day weekend we drove up into our local mountains, and found a valley with pine trees and cool air, on a road that wasn't even on the map--it was such a relief to get out of the heat, away from the crowds, and see a bit of pseudo-NW scenery...
Have a great weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 09:58 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaadub View Post
just found your front porch as I was searching Northern ID. My buddie and I are coming up for a camp/fish/explore the area in about ten days. It has been years since my last visit and that was passing through but knew I wanted to come back maybe move. So tell me a couple must places to
camp and fish as well as places to explore. Only a week on this trip.
Thank you in advance.
Sorry about the late response, have you left already?

If not, the upper St. Joe river is noted as a world class cutthroat river.

Are you looking to flyfish, boat fish or ?? Also, what kind of camping do you like? Lots of campgrounds scattered around, but we prefer to work our way into some undeveloped (and uncrowded) spots in the national forest.

We just got back from 4 days of camping down on Slate Creek, out of Wallace. Real pretty country...and a "pucker factor" road with a pickup and an ATV trailer. Narrow and real steep off the sides. Unfortunately, my skill with a flyrod is lacking...

CFF, we were over in your neck of the woods on Labor Day, just did a short loop through the hills. If you are in the mood to go for a nice ride, dig out your forest service map and look for "Spoin Kop". View is awesome, and you can do a nice loop along the high drive and back through Jordan Camp.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
CFF, we were over in your neck of the woods on Labor Day, just did a short loop through the hills. If you are in the mood to go for a nice ride, dig out your forest service map and look for "Spoin Kop". View is awesome, and you can do a nice loop along the high drive and back through Jordan Camp.
I'll dig out my trusty FSM, which I indeed have one of, and laminated, too--it helped me during my property hunt! and then I'll go to Google Earth and do my traveling... and next year we'll get adventurous in our CF mountains! We stayed for 5 days at the Diamont T Guest Ranch in Clark Fork last June, and they had a whole binder full of great trails all over the region. We actually did go up as far as we could (in our Honda CR-V! ) Spring Creek Road (I think), and the view was stupendous. Sigh...

Old 09-15-2009, 10:30 PM

Default Pets on the Porch!

We had a dramatic weekend--our dog got attacked by a pitbull, blood streaming down her sweet face . And she's no timid little creature, she's a street-wise gutsy rescue dog, but she was sideswiped, and shocked! So were we. But she wasn't injured too badly, thank goodness, and she's healing nicely. But that was a close call...

They call her the "White Wolf" at the dog park--she's just a White Shepherd, no wolf there except for way back in time ...we are looking so much forward to taking her to NID and letting her explore our 5 acres...sniff all the wild smells...we hope nobody mistakes her for a wolf when we're out and about in the wilds of NID! I asked our real estate agent (typical SoCal question) if there were rules against taking dogs up in the mountains (like down here), and she laughed at me!

Here's a pic of our pooch from before the attack--now it's your turn to show us your furry friends! Let's have Pets on the Porch! They keep us sane in troubled times...

Last edited by Clark Fork Fantast; 09-21-2010 at 11:11 PM..

Old 09-16-2009, 08:15 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
We had a dramatic weekend--our dog got attacked by a pitbull, blood streaming down her sweet face . And she's no timid little creature, she's a street-wise gutsy rescue dog, but she was sideswiped, and shocked! So were we. But she wasn't injured too badly, thank goodness, and she's healing nicely. But that was a close call...

They call her the "White Wolf" at the dog park--she's just a White Shepherd, no wolf there except for way back in time ...we are looking so much forward to taking her to NID and letting her explore our 5 acres...sniff all the wild smells...we hope nobody mistakes her for a wolf when we're out and about in the wilds of NID! I asked our real estate agent (typical SoCal question) if there were rules against taking dogs up in the mountains (like down here), and she laughed at me!

Here's a pic of our pooch from before the attack--now it's your turn to show us your furry friends! Let's have Pets on the Porch! They keep us sane in troubled times...
Sorry to hear about your dog's injuries. What's that again on rules against taking dogs into the mountains? Sounds silly, you got to many pot smoking granola heads making the rules up down there? We've had LOTS of coyotes around this year, but our dogs seem to do fine with them. I've heard of coyote packs using one animal to "call out" dogs, then the rest of the pack attacking, and was fearful of that. Never had it happen.

Baby pics coming!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:07 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,742,442 times
I'm so sorry about your dog! Here's my dog Jip actually on the porch after a swim in the river.

And one of my Pyrs, trolling for s'mores:

Last edited by mistyriver; 09-16-2009 at 10:38 AM..

Old 09-16-2009, 10:38 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,061 times
Here is Herbie "Fully Loaded". He can't wait to get to ID!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:40 AM

Does Herbie wanna bring his bear and come play with Jip and his duckie?

Old 09-16-2009, 11:17 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,061 times
Herbie is perpetually happy and loves to play with everybody! That Pyrenees looks like a giant Herbie.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:21 AM

Here's our real secret weapon, the livestock guardian pug:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho