Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2009, 08:07 PM

420 posts, read 1,193,416 times

Advertisements

We take possession of the house Monday. Having trouble sleeping because of the excitement. Cannot wait to cut down 2 foot high weeds and get it trimmed up and looking good. Several nice yellow jackets greeted us on the front porch when we did the final walk through. I will have to bring a nice house warming present next time (can you spell bug bomb?) ha ha.

Yellow Jackets in Idaho are burlier than their kin in CA. These puppies must have worked out with weights. Hope you all are doing well. Toyman must have the energy of two people with all of his activities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 10:07 PM

993 posts, read 3,251,826 times
Oh Fish you Lucky Dawg
Get more pictures

Old 08-23-2009, 10:20 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Toyman, welcome back from the trip! You must have had a blast!
Fisherman, it's great to hear that you're already moving in! Even when it becomes hassle and backbreaking work, it's still going to be fun!
I'm still reading CDF and writing on my BlackBerry--slow going! More chat later when my computer wakes up......

Old 08-23-2009, 11:45 AM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Fisherman, great news, I'll honk on the way by after work Monday!!! BTW, you're right on the yellow jackets, they take out chunks of meat when they bite! If they are bad at your place you might want some of those traps they make, most hardware and home improvement stores around here carry them. Some years they are worse than others, and it seems to change depending on where you are.

CFF, you're right, that was a great trip, and yesterday's ride was as well. We found some good trails up near Roman Nose, went up to the lakes, and then up towards the peak. Awesome spot, views off all sides. Unfortunately there was quite a bit of smoke in the air, so pictures weren't that great. I need to get back up there on a clear day.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:43 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
The yellowjackets are awful this year. A few weeks ago I started to open the tack room door of my horse trailer (a recessed latch) and stuck all 4 fingers into a bee's nest. I said a lot of very nasty things in a loud voice (it's good to live way out in the woods where no one can here you) and after the swelling went down, wreaked my vengeance upon them with a can of wasp spray. Very sweet.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:43 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
Yeah, it has been bad this year. I'm hoping the good Lord rewards us with fewer of those nasty ugly spiky spiders that seemed to come through tightly sealed screens all during the fall...

Old 08-24-2009, 06:46 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Hello everyone. I spent a summer in northern Idaho back in 90. I worked for the forestry when I was a college student.

Loved it. And was amazed by the beauty of it all. I worked out of Clearwater National forest. I will never forget it. I fought a few forest fires as well. But the best part was driving 90 minutes into the forests from our station everyday to count trees.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:06 PM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Hey Fisherman, if you get the chance to stop in tonight, congrats! I hope the closing went well and you're in the process of moving in.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:45 PM

420 posts, read 1,193,416 times
Hi Toyman,

We spent the day making a list of all the stuff we have to do. Two foot weeds in the pasture are gonna disappear soon. Delivered some stuff today and more coming tomorrow.

The great folks who owned the house left a near new pool table. They did not want to move it. How cool is that. Now I have something to do during those long winter months. That was like an early Christmas gift.

Got to get used to a lot of new things, like space. I walked around the property today for the first time without a Realtor standing next to me. Idaho is an awesome state. You, Sage, Trace, Cff, and all the others were right. Most folks we meet are great. The next two weeks will be hectic moving in and all, however we are looking forward to the challenge.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:09 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Hello everyone. I spent a summer in northern Idaho back in 90. I worked for the forestry when I was a college student.

Loved it. And was amazed by the beauty of it all. I worked out of Clearwater National forest. I will never forget it. I fought a few forest fires as well. But the best part was driving 90 minutes into the forests from our station everyday to count trees.
Hi Redbird,
It's time to come back to North Idaho for a visit! Who knows, maybe the same thing will happen to you that's happened to a lot of us on the Porch--we came for a visit, then a second visit, then a third, etc., and it changed our lives!
Thanks for fighting forest fires...any one of us who has experienced an evacuation due to an approaching wildfire knows exactly how much we owe you guys...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho