Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 04:20 PM

993 posts, read 3,251,826 times

Advertisements

Make the wine ?? Heck NO ..Remember "She married me " and because of that she will be sippin that wine, wondering Why ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 04:42 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
LOL Fisherman. Maybe those chipmunks are Rock Chucks. But it is awfully late for them to be out.

OK I am NOT in NID , more like MID, but want to play the porch game. Maybe some one on their way up there to see all of you will stop in here and visit us in Midvale. Sigh. Door is open cheep beer in fridge. Hehehe

http://mail.ctcweb.net/~shadesofidaho/8-16-09-Front-Porch.jpg (broken link)

OK Back to work for me. I am heading out on that porch with laptop to do some city work. Dang elections coming up and I do not have a clue how I am supposed to do an election. Need to smarten myself up fast. WWWWAAAAHHHHH I would rather be playing.
Chris
Hey Chris,
What a lovely porch you have! Welcome to the NID Front Porch where all good people can play ! It isn't reserved for full- or partial-NID folks! Would love to stop by your nice porch next time we're on our way to Clark Fork next year sigh...
Don't work too hard...it's still summer...

Old 08-16-2009, 04:44 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Misty can you make Huckleberry wine for that front porch sittin
The hucks are baking into muffins as I type. The rest, into the freezer. I do want to try my hand at Elderberry wine though. Maybe serviceberry (alsoo called saskatoons) wine too. Both grow all over the place and grow in clumps. Much easier to pick. If I make it, I'll put it on the porch for sure.
The huckleberry bushes are all spattered with red and higher up on the mountainsides they're really red. Fall's coming! Though the heat is coming back this week. Yuck.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:42 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,923,786 times
Well I had to work ever since I posted. Just put dinner in the oven and relaxing on that porch. Actually I worked out on the porch too. Might as well. Makes working go a little easier. Deep breath I am done in for the day. Tomorrow I will have to go into the office. Sigh.

Misty , Those huck muffins sound wonderful. Neighbor makes some really good wine with grapes of all things. Hehehehe. If I let my water kefir go a little too long on the counter is makes a nice mild brew too. But we call it health food. Heheheheh Do not count the alcohol in it. Besides it is so good for you.The kefir that is.

Thanks CFF for letting me play too. Not many folks in our area to set up a porch chat thread. Brings to mind we went to the big city Wednesday. I bought Glass for my mosaic projects and hubby had errands. Guy toy errands. We made note of population signs along the way. 80 K in Meridian EEKKK that is a lot compared to our 170 or 180 people not K here. Dang Midvale gives real meaning to small town.

Well off to deal with that dinner.

Chris

Old 08-16-2009, 09:19 PM

448 posts, read 1,070,198 times
Hey Chris how ya doing? We are still around here believe it or not! It's been one thing after another with ID county issues...ie: gee back in the early 50's someone messed the title description and for the past 8 previous owners it's been passed on and we go to sell and it's dirty!!. I guess that's the norm for the county. Hopefully we don't loose the cash sale which closing was to be in July and now extended to end of month. We will loose out on our place we were buying over in Helena if not settled by end of the month.
The crazy summer weather this year! I had to recover my tomatoes,peppers and squash due to the rain and cool nights. Past years I'm inundated with crops galore by now. No canning or freezing I fear this year. How about anyone else out there? Have been enjoying corn,squashes,tomatoes, beans some. Haven't had to do much watering at all. Nice in that respect. Man some of the wheat farmers have still a ways to go in harvesting. At least this coming week things are warming up again. Oh gee, oh darn?
Where do you find Kokanee in a can? I have just seen it in bottles. What a great tasting beer! I shall remember this front porch and hope to come by and visit again soon

Old 08-17-2009, 09:02 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
They sell it in cans practically everywhere up here Janab. Just wish I could get Kokanee Light south of the border. We're thinking of heading up to Creston to buy some produce. I'll have to drag my husband away from the Kokanee Brewery. Anyone know if you can still cross the border with a birth certificate. My passport is still good but my husband can't find his and my daughter's has expired.

It's cold on the porch this morning so bundle up. 43 degrees, but there's huckleberry muffins to go with the coffee!

Old 08-17-2009, 04:11 PM

Hey Misty, save a huck muffin for me! I'll imagine sitting on your porch, watching the mist over the water, in a sweater and down vest, with a cup of coffee ! We're actually having "unseasonably cold temperatures" down here, 78 degrees inland , but it's likely to get a lot hotter...

Here's the info you need about getting back from Canada:
WHTI | Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative | USA
Since June 1 you'll need a passport or a pass card, or some other official document. I'd travel across the border for a 12-pack of Konakee Light myself! Good idea for a side trip next summer...I'll do a Google Earth and make some plans

Old 08-21-2009, 09:49 AM

Hi on the porch,
I'm writing this on my BlackBerry! Didn't even know if I'd be able to log in! My computer is down...oh horror...having web withdrawal symptoms...and haven't answered a couple of DMs yet, sorry! Will have to wait
I looked up Creston--to my surprise it's right across the Canadian border! I envision an excursion to the brewery! Also, it looks like Banf is a fairly easy, straight drive north for a quick vacation once we're in Clark Fork. Had no idea.. Banf is kind of an ersatz Hollywood Old West, lots of Westerns filmed around there. Would be fun to go! Although I"d prefer if they'd shot the movies in the US where the stories take place...

Last edited by Clark Fork Fantast; 08-21-2009 at 10:04 AM..

Old 08-21-2009, 09:55 AM

448 posts, read 1,070,198 times
Ahh! thanks for info!! I shall get a passport and hop on over to the brewery, oh yummmy. Pop a top !!

Old 08-21-2009, 01:01 PM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Hi All, I haven't had time to pull up a chair on the porch lately. We did our weekend camping trip from the ATVs 2 weeks ago, had a great time, good company! We saw some great country between Calder, Elk River and Avery. If you ever get to Elk River, I recommend the little bar/resturant there-burgers were great! I'll try to get some pics up-I didn't take my camera but some others did.

Lately I've been busy working on vehicles/equipment, and on my front porch. The insurance guy keeps making funny noises every time he sees it without a handrail-trying to humor him. A good couple days push should wrap that up. Then I have to get busy getting firewood in before elk season opens.

Of course we're playing tomorrow. Wife and I are taking a new guy up ATVing to Roman Nose. I'll plan on posting pics, its some real pretty country.

Great to see all CD friends making the move. We're going to have to meet up on the physical front porch (one of ours) one of these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho