Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 10:33 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times

Advertisements

I did live in Clark Fork, but moved to Idaho almost a year ago. In Clark Fork we were right on the Clark Fork River. Here in Sandpoint I live in town. My front porch is overflowing with flowers of all colors. After our long winters I love to have and see flowers. If I could do anything this weekend it would be to take my children and go on the boat cruise on Lake Pend Orielle and then maybe have a nice dinner at Jalapenos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 08:40 AM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
...Here's something to do that I read about in the Northwest Travel Magazine: Moonlight horseback rides on Schweitzer! Has anyone done that, or is it strictly for tourist rookies? ...
My brother was in town (from Alabama) a couple weeks back, we decided to play tourist. Went up the ski lift at Schweitzer and enjoyed the view. Well worth the $10 for the summer lift ticket, we should have taken more time. It would be easy to take the lift to the top and spend the day hiking. We ATV, hike and hunt on Baldy, a couple peaks to the South along the same ridge, similar view of the lake.

While there we talked with the people at place where they do the horseback rides. Prices seemed a little steep, but still it looked like fun. I don't know what kind of trail they go on. My guess is that you might get a nicer ride for less money from a less touristy place than Schweitzer.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:13 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,079,020 times
My uncle drove a logging truck up there for a living. I think I was around 10 years old during one of our visits, and he took me to work one day. We went out in the middle of nowhere, and I swear one wrong move and we would have been goners.

That big 'ole truck on that narrow dirt road; you could see straight down a few hundred feet.

We loaded up and delivered the goods to Potlatch. It was quite an experience.

My aunt & uncle actually live in Helmer, but they have a Deary mailing address. The last time I was there....just an old country store with a gas pump. That's pretty much Helmer.

Thinking about it, that's pretty much where I'd like to be right now.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:17 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
First time we were in Sandpoint (early June) we drove up to Schweitzer--what a view!!! I don't think they had the summer lift going then. And we didn't know of any trails, so we just hung out on the view deck. But they did have some great ice cream in the village! Did you know they have several webcams? Webcams - Schweitzer (http://www.schweitzer.com/mountain/multimedia/webcams.php - broken link)

Horseback rides will be high on our fun list in our NID future--there's actually a ranch running trailrides just down the road from our property (they have a sign at the Cabinet Gorge Road/River Road junction). But today I'm not even going to think about horseback rides--I woke up with a crick in my neck! I think I'm just going to sit here on the porch in one of Misty's rockers with a sock full of microwaved rice on my neck...(no, not cooked rice! )

Old 08-06-2009, 12:07 PM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
My uncle drove a logging truck up there for a living. I think I was around 10 years old during one of our visits, and he took me to work one day. We went out in the middle of nowhere, and I swear one wrong move and we would have been goners.

That big 'ole truck on that narrow dirt road; you could see straight down a few hundred feet.

We loaded up and delivered the goods to Potlatch. It was quite an experience.

My aunt & uncle actually live in Helmer, but they have a Deary mailing address. The last time I was there....just an old country store with a gas pump. That's pretty much Helmer.

Thinking about it, that's pretty much where I'd like to be right now.
Many of the roads they take logging trucks on bother me in a pickup! Those guys that drive them are either very good or ????? Like you said, there's a whole lot of DOWN off the sides of most forest service roads around here.

CFF, sounds like you need some of Trace's single malt!

Old 08-06-2009, 01:59 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
Quote:
Horseback rides will be high on our fun list in our NID future--there's actually a ranch running trailrides just down the road from our property (they have a sign at the Cabinet Gorge Road/River Road junction). But today I'm not even going to think about horseback rides--I woke up with a crick in my neck! I think I'm just going to sit here on the porch in one of Misty's rockers with a sock full of microwaved rice on my neck...(no, not cooked rice! )
I saw that place when we went to the hatchery. It looked pretty awful...poor horses. Try Western Pleasure guest ranch. They do trail rides and it looks beautiful.
Take care of that neck!

Old 08-06-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
I saw that place when we went to the hatchery. It looked pretty awful...poor horses. Try Western Pleasure guest ranch. They do trail rides and it looks beautiful.
Take care of that neck!
Misty,
Thanks for the heads-up (ouch!)!
Toyman, I'm more of a Chivas person myself, but I think I'll try some of that ID spuds juice you guys have been talking about!

Old 08-07-2009, 01:05 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,059,923 times
Quote:
I'm going to steal an idea from the Montana forum and create a thread where we can visit, for no other reason than we love NID. Over on the Montana forum they call it "Let's Visit." So far it has 68 pages! I vote for having dinner at the Floating Restaurant in Hope, at sunset...

Well You've gone and done it now ! My cousins pictured below can read after all !

They have been hanging around the Montana visiting porch and read about the new porch over here. They don't listen to me so if they get out of control let me know and we'll let you borrow our town cop to whoop them into shape.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Well You've gone and done it now ! My cousins pictured below can read after all !

They have been hanging around the Montana visiting porch and read about the new porch over here. They don't listen to me so if they get out of control let me know and we'll let you borrow our town cop to whoop them into shape.
Hey Rickers! Welcome to the NID porch--but you've got to keep an eye on those cousins of yours! If they cause any trouble they'll find that you don't mess with Idahoans, present or future!

Old 08-08-2009, 07:34 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,059,923 times
The cousins wont be too much trouble, I busted up their moonshine still and broke all their bottles of shine so they are straight and sober. I just have to find a polite way to tell them they need to take a shower !
How is the summer going over in Idaho ? We are having one of those strange summers that doesn't really feel much like summer here and I'm jonesing for a river float.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho