Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 06:43 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times

Advertisements

Clark Fork -thanks for that response. Sounds like a decent place ta be actually. I am still awaiting a possible interview. Hopefully I'll get one. Plains should be a good place, we liked Thompson Falls well enough after visiting it last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 08:51 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,749,912 times
Posting a recent view of my North Idaho front porch. Pull up a chair to the fire and the resident pug will sleep on you too! Or maybe the fat cat on the porch will join you.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:53 PM

28 posts, read 67,632 times
Looks wonderful, thanks for sharing!

Old 08-20-2012, 10:11 PM

275 posts, read 472,158 times
Love it!

Old 08-21-2012, 09:11 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,680,248 times
Beautiful, Misty! I'll take the rocking chair--looks really comfortable! A week ago we had a barbecue/campfire on our property in CF, and watched the Perseids--the most amazing meteor shower I've ever seen. No moon, pitch black sky, billions of stars, and 16 bright meteors in one hour!

Old 08-21-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Beautiful, Misty! I'll take the rocking chair--looks really comfortable! A week ago we had a barbecue/campfire on our property in CF, and watched the Perseids--the most amazing meteor shower I've ever seen. No moon, pitch black sky, billions of stars, and 16 bright meteors in one hour!
We spent a good part of that evening floating out on Priest Lake with the boat engine off, rocking and watching the sky. It was beautiful.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:40 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times
mistyriver - and no Loch Ness Monster to wreck everything, either, huh?

Old 08-22-2012, 08:59 PM

183 posts, read 278,441 times
Thumbs up Loved Our NID/Sandpoint visit

Howdy Porchers,

Just wanted to let y'all know how much my wife and I enjoyed our visit Aug.7-15. Every day was a new adventure and we give the area a big ! The first thing we did after crossing the Long Bridge/cruising the By-pass, we went to City Beach. We were hooked to say the least. The remaining days were filled with the wonders of water,mountains,walking and cycling.

We met many good folks who we shared interests with and felt very welcome. A few we now have connections with and will keep in touch. This is such a special place. From food to recreation,quaint neighborhoods off the beaten path and everything in between.

Some of our faves: biking along Sand Creek,Long Bridge and Sagle.... Hiking Schweitzer and the view from the ski lift ( even saw a Black Bear )... Lake Pend Oreille Eagle cruise....City Beach and SZT airport pancake fly-in. So much more......oh, and I cannot leave out the Mennonite bakery in Clark Fork,that was really unique !

Anyway,after visiting the NID threads for over a year we booked our flight to Spokane last Nov.and August finally arrived. The drive from there to CDA and up to Sandpoint was even refreshing. So much to take in and appreciate. Looking forward to a winter visit. However,our next journey will be with the children so they may see and experience this unique area. Thanks again for a wonderful NID experience.

H & T

Old 08-22-2012, 11:53 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,680,248 times
So you made it, H & T! So glad to hear your visit was a success. NID is everything we said it was, isn't it?

We probably saw each other at the fly-in, and also at the Clark Fork Pantry (the bakery) where we hung out almost every day, getting sandwiches! It sounds as if you packed as much as humanly possibly into a week's visit. And itsn't it great to know that there is much more to see and do!

And as you noticed, the Byway opened just in time for you guys (and us) to drive across. And no more smelly trucks in Downtown Sandpoint!

Be sure to come back on the Porch for a NID boost when you start feeling "homesick"...

Old 08-23-2012, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
mistyriver - and no loch ness monster to wreck everything, either, huh?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho