Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2024, 11:37 AM

8,094 posts, read 15,193,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Give it a try and come back with results. Go light on any added spices or flavorings, because the maple flavor is quickly covered up. That's why the recipe is so simple, so you can still taste the maple.

Rum and pineapple juice might work well. Use the frozen pineapple juice concentrate and don't dilute it.
Could be all sorts of variations. I like the idea of it being so simple, and not highly spiced.

Might be a use for this handle of rum I've been dragging around since 2001....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2024, 12:46 PM

561 posts, read 442,655 times
Quote:
Bourbon Maple Beef Jerky

1 1/2 pounds of cleaned and sliced meat
1/4 Cup maple syrup
1/4 cup bourbon
2 teaspoons beef bouillon powder ( or table salt would probably work)
1 Tablespoon brown sugar

1- Get you beef nice and clean, all visible fat removed, slice thin.

2- Mix the other ingredients to make a marinade and marinate the meat for 24-48 hours

3- Put the meat into the dehydrator and dry to the desired doneness. I use 160 F and the time depends upon how thick the meat has been cut. Do not wipe the marinade off of the meat. Just let whatever doesn't want to stick, drip off under its own power.

I have never tried this with the imitation maple pancake syrup, so I don't know if that would work. I always use real maple syrup.

I like Jim Beam for this recipe. I've done it with Maker's Mark and it works, but Maker's Mark has earthy notes and the Jim Beam has caramel notes which I like better on jerky.

My guess is that this recipe would work well with pork loin.

I'm guessing on the amount of meat that the marinade will cover. I usually have 10-15 pounds of meat and put as much as will fit into the bourbon and the rest goes into a different marinade. 1 1/2 pounds would be pretty close, though, if the meat is sliced thin.
Sounds yummy! Thank you for sharing.

Old 04-26-2024, 02:35 PM

7,391 posts, read 12,707,649 times
Quote:
Give it a try and come back with results. Go light on any added spices or flavorings, because the maple flavor is quickly covered up. That's why the recipe is so simple, so you can still taste the maple.

Rum and pineapple juice might work well. Use the frozen pineapple juice concentrate and don't dilute it.

Thanks so much! I make beef jerky about once a month, one plain batch for the dogs and one lightly spiced for us. Next time I'll make a small extra portion and try out the marinade!

Old 04-28-2024, 08:39 PM

275 posts, read 472,953 times
Quote:
Bourbon Maple Beef Jerky

1 1/2 pounds of cleaned and sliced meat
1/4 Cup maple syrup
1/4 cup bourbon
2 teaspoons beef bouillon powder ( or table salt would probably work)
1 Tablespoon brown sugar

1- Get you beef nice and clean, all visible fat removed, slice thin.

2- Mix the other ingredients to make a marinade and marinate the meat for 24-48 hours

3- Put the meat into the dehydrator and dry to the desired doneness. I use 160 F and the time depends upon how thick the meat has been cut. Do not wipe the marinade off of the meat. Just let whatever doesn't want to stick, drip off under its own power.

I have never tried this with the imitation maple pancake syrup, so I don't know if that would work. I always use real maple syrup.

I like Jim Beam for this recipe. I've done it with Maker's Mark and it works, but Maker's Mark has earthy notes and the Jim Beam has caramel notes which I like better on jerky.

My guess is that this recipe would work well with pork loin.

I'm guessing on the amount of meat that the marinade will cover. I usually have 10-15 pounds of meat and put as much as will fit into the bourbon and the rest goes into a different marinade. 1 1/2 pounds would be pretty close, though, if the meat is sliced thin.
Yummy

Old Today, 10:07 AM

7,391 posts, read 12,707,649 times
Look for northern lights (the Aurora Borealis, not the power company! ) tonight! Particularly strong solar storm. Take pictures! Apparently your cellphone will pick up colors that your eyes don't see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho