Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2024, 03:00 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,680,248 times

Advertisements

Stay warm, NID'ers! Enjoy this dazzling day before the next storm! From Gold Hill at sunrise Jan.12:
Attached Thumbnails
The North Idaho Front Porch-gold-hill-jan-12-2024.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2024, 03:03 PM

And here is the webcam from Gold Hill just now at 2 pm. If you have the day off, get out and enjoy the day!
Attached Thumbnails
The North Idaho Front Porch-goldhill-jan-12-2024-2-pm.jpg  

Old 01-13-2024, 09:23 AM

31 posts, read 12,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
And here is the webcam from Gold Hill just now at 2 pm. If you have the day off, get out and enjoy the day!
But don't stay out too long, lol....
.WIND CHILL WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON PST SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Dangerously cold wind chills. Wind chills between 15 to 35 below zero through Saturday, then between 10 to 30 below zero through Sunday morning.

* WHERE...Kellogg, Mullan, Lookout Pass, Eastport, Fernwood, Ritzville, Sandpoint, Grand Coulee, Hayden, Fourth Of July Pass, Wilbur, Cheney, Spokane Valley, Creston, St. Maries, Schweitzer Mountain Road, Davenport, Clark Fork, Rockford, Dobson Pass, Wallace, Airway Heights, Odessa, Athol, Bonners Ferry, Osburn, Downtown Spokane, Pinehurst, Worley, Harrington, Coeur d'Alene, Post Falls, Fairfield, Coulee City, and Priest River.

* WHEN...Until noon PST Sunday.

* IMPACTS...The dangerously cold wind chills could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes.

Old 01-13-2024, 09:38 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,169,229 times
-33 before wind chill at the local airport. Balmy -24 at my house. Fortunately calm and sunny! Just got in from an hour of doing chores. Still have fingers, toes, nose... brain... hmmm.

[cue Tom Petty]

♫ ♪ Don't wanna dress like an Eskimo.... ♪♫

Old 01-13-2024, 09:59 AM

32,664 posts, read 48,091,772 times
It's beautiful outside with the sunshine and sparkling snow. Minus 10 at my house right now so it would have been a lot colder overnight. Then this morning, an email from the gas company saying the gas lines have been damaged and to conserve gas, turn the heat down and don't use the hot water while they try to get the gas lines repaired.

I had just turned the heat up a bit to prevent the water lines from freezing.

Old 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM

When it gets really cold, or snowy, or pouring down rain, the best recreation in North Idaho appears to be to take the family shopping at Costco. They were slammed yesterday.

I was there buying the wire shelves that are on sale. It's time to start seedlings and I am setting one of those racks up with grow lights and heat pads for seed starting. It's two more weeks before the onion seeds go into their pots to start, just enough time to get my seed starting shelf all set up and ready to go

I plan to put in a large garden this year. I've got a large area all prepared and have decided to do even more, so as soon as the snow is gone, I will be expanding. Getting things both deer proof and dog proof involved some serious fencing.

More bare root fruit trees are ordered to expand the orchard. Carefully selected Varieties that I hope will survive the coldest days in winter.

Old 01-13-2024, 11:36 AM

We planted black currant and red currant bushes in October, and also lilacs. I hope they're asleep under the snow, and will come alive in the spring...

Wind chill 35 below! Hmmm. I take it back, that stuff about going out and enjoying the day .

Old 01-13-2024, 11:58 AM

6,358 posts, read 7,776,492 times
Quote:
...If you have the day off, get out and enjoy the day!
Quote:
Wind chill 35 below! Hmmm. I take it back, that stuff about going out and enjoying the day .
I was going to reply, "I think not!" Even the dogs don't want to go outside. The sun is awesome and a perfect day for a photo safari. Unfortunately, gloves are too thick to manipulate the camera controls and would have to shoot bare-handed. Nope.

Glad you came to your senses.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Last edited by volosong; 01-14-2024 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: misspelled word corrected

Old 01-14-2024, 11:42 AM

If you get a big junk mail from Nielsen company, before you toss it in the trash, open it. There is a one dollar bill in there, which I assume is to pay you for filling out their survey about what TV you watch.

Old 01-14-2024, 11:56 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,169,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
If you get a big junk mail from Nielsen company, before you toss it in the trash, open it. There is a one dollar bill in there, which I assume is to pay you for filling out their survey about what TV you watch.
I get those once in a while. Sometimes there are two dollars!

I'm not a very useful Nielsen Family, tho... I haven't watched TV in a couple decades.... sure makes the survey easy to fill out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho