Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2012, 05:24 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times

Advertisements

Clark Fork Fantast - hey how are ya doin'? I'm still in CDA but am applying for jobs all over MT, OR and ID. What'd'ya know about the dinky town of Plains, MT? I've applied for a RT job at a small hospital there and am awaiting an interview. Looks like a nice, small MT community in a beautiful location to live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 07:18 PM

123 posts, read 263,504 times
Plains Montana is a neat little town....not far from Thompson Falls

Old 08-12-2012, 01:10 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,749,912 times
I've been in Plains a few times and I really like it. It's a great little town, friendly people too.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:40 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,342,596 times
Plains is nice. But watch out for Paradise. It ain't.

Old 08-12-2012, 04:49 PM

Yeledaf - whatever might be wrong with Paradise, MT? (wherever that is)

And thank you ta the rest of ya for your Plains, MT, comments! I eagerly await that interview!!

Old 08-13-2012, 03:13 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,446,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Clark Fork Fantast - hey how are ya doin'? I'm still in CDA but am applying for jobs all over MT, OR and ID. What'd'ya know about the dinky town of Plains, MT? I've applied for a RT job at a small hospital there and am awaiting an interview. Looks like a nice, small MT community in a beautiful location to live in.
Ekotronics, Knowing a lot about the critical access hospitals in Idaho, WY, and MT, to me the more important question is what do YOU know about that hospital? How many beds, what types of patients, how much of the hospital would you be responsible for, how many pts./shift, what are the hrs. etc. Would YOU be happy working in that environment? What information have you learned when you researched the hospital via the many sites to get basic hospital info, let alone detailed info for your profession? Call the RT dept and ask them about their caseload.

I'll be interested to see what you learn and will check back here on the porch later to see your post.

Good luck - BTW - I assume you checked with the long-term treatment hospital outside of CDA for status post TBIs for positions? just checking. They advertised for a long time to get staffed so I really don't know their status currently.

MSR

Old 08-13-2012, 12:08 PM

349 posts, read 1,040,873 times
Does anyone know what the dome shaped building is you see on top of the mountains near Worley Fire station on 95? I thought perhaps it was a weather center or a radar system.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:48 PM

Mtn.States Resident - I have researched their website and the long-term building has 28 beds. As for the RT Dept., they do holter monitoring, EKG's, ABG's, CPAP/BiPAP, mech.vent. as well as a host of other out-pt procedures. I will study up some more on it.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:09 PM

10 posts, read 35,303 times
This seems like a good place for this question. When do we notice the first signs of Fall in the CDA/Hayden area? I love summer but LOVE fall, curling up by the fire, watching the leaves slowly change colors! Last year was our first fall here and I don't remember when summer changed to fall. Back in Oregon (Portland area) it was strange, like clockwork..On Oct 1st, the leaves would begin to change color then by Halloween day, the last leaves would be falling to the ground.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:53 AM

7,383 posts, read 12,680,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Hi Elko, doing great, in Clark Fork, what could be better? I agree with everyone about Plains, just from driving through. Close enough to Missoula for major shopping, and still close enough to Sandpoint for a nice weekend getaway. From CdA you'll probably go 90 to 93 and then west on 200, but do yourself the favor of going home on 200 to Sandpoint and then 95 to CdA. From Plains to Sandpoint 200 is one of the most memorable drives in the entire country, and you can wave to Clark Fork as you're passing by

Good luck with the interview!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho