Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 09:59 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times

Advertisements

Just noticed something near the Sawgrass Mills area...

The area around Lago Mar country club, or basically between 136th ave, Flamingo Road, I-595 and NW 8th Street should be light green at best, except for maybe the actual Lago Mar development. Blue would actually be more appropriate. The Sawgrass Estates development has a lot of section 8 renters and is adjacent to a quiet but run down trailer park. You also have some OK 1970s style homes in the southeast corner of this area and a lot of condos and townhouses that are decent enough but a step down from the cluster of extremely nice (and surprisingly pricey) condos/townhouses you have marked as light green around Central Park. Speaking of that area, I would change most of that area to a solid green.

In Hollywood, I think the areas south of Hollywood Blvd but north of Washington Street that you have as blue currently are an easy light green. Homes in that area are fairly large and very well maintained. That neighborhood is definitely at a higher level than places in west Hollywood that are also blue.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 07-14-2013 at 10:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 08:24 PM

984 posts, read 4,317,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Just noticed something near the Sawgrass Mills area...

The area around Lago Mar country club, or basically between 136th ave, Flamingo Road, I-595 and NW 8th Street should be light green at best, except for maybe the actual Lago Mar development. Blue would actually be more appropriate. The Sawgrass Estates development has a lot of section 8 renters and is adjacent to a quiet but run down trailer park. You also have some OK 1970s style homes in the southeast corner of this area and a lot of condos and townhouses that are decent enough but a step down from the cluster of extremely nice (and surprisingly pricey) condos/townhouses you have marked as light green around Central Park. Speaking of that area, I would change most of that area to a solid green.

In Hollywood, I think the areas south of Hollywood Blvd but north of Washington Street that you have as blue currently are an easy light green. Homes in that area are fairly large and very well maintained. That neighborhood is definitely at a higher level than places in west Hollywood that are also blue.
Took a look - changed most of the Lago Mar CC area to light green and chose the small trailer park alone to go down to the yellow. I didn't find the Sawgrass Estates development, only one further north already well into Sunrise - is that one or or you mean the other one with a somewhat different name just to the north of the trailer park?

Fixed Hollywood based on the info (just left 3/4 blocks which are quite low end plus some crime issues on the yellow). For now I'll leave it in the blue though, but will come back later to do a quick review and will fix that. The same for the Central Park - Plantation area. I'll probably retain really most of it in the light green, there's loads of condos and apt. complexes there which are nice but not that good and reputable....gonna look up things and change a few bits of that area to the solid green.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:48 AM

I mixed up Sawgrass Estates with Sawgrass Plantation. Sawgrass Estates is a pretty solid development further north around the curve at Oakland/Flamingo. All the names around there are too similar!

Old 07-19-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
I mixed up Sawgrass Estates with Sawgrass Plantation. Sawgrass Estates is a pretty solid development further north around the curve at Oakland/Flamingo. All the names around there are too similar!
Well, I can't find the section of this one...strange, I think it's a bug of some kind (it shows on the map, but I can't edit it, not the yellow of the trailer park for example)....I'll research a little and solve that later - it's okay as it is for now; also it doesn't seem really that shoddy that development, is the blue is really better suited for it?

Old 07-31-2013, 02:46 PM

1,049 posts, read 960,907 times
Eastern parts of Miramar should be the same as the western parts of Hallandale Beach and Hollywood near I-95, don't know why it is labeled differently when it is basically the same, in fact there are areas in Hallandale near I-95 that are way nicer than Miramar and you have them in orange or red. Western Miramar is probably accurate though.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongStreet View Post
Eastern parts of Miramar should be the same as the western parts of Hallandale Beach and Hollywood near I-95, don't know why it is labeled differently when it is basically the same, in fact there are areas in Hallandale near I-95 that are way nicer than Miramar and you have them in orange or red. Western Miramar is probably accurate though.
Will check personally and give a look at the stats - plus I'm possibly gonna be in/near that area tomorrow. Later I'll put the update accordingly properly on the map. Thanks for the tip!

Old 08-05-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongStreet View Post
While not a top notch area, I would say that area is a bit more stable and less crime prone than any neighborhoods near 95 in Hallandale, except for the very far east side and Sherman Circle area which are currently rated yellow. The elementary schools aren't failing, and it is mostly made up of owner-occupied homes. It's a transitional zone for the newer and better maintained areas to the west, and a huge step up from Carver Ranches or western Hallandale, which does have some nice streets but is extremely inconsistent and crime prone.

You can't compare this

http://goo.gl/maps/hdncX

To this

http://goo.gl/maps/efjbz

Last edited by compelled to reply; 08-05-2013 at 09:17 PM..

Old 08-20-2013, 05:34 PM

That was a tough one...I've changed the Hallandale area to a more fair orange...the density is a factor there that I should have thought more about when I've rated it at first...for now that will be the only change.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:56 PM

The Crime-O-Meter (similar concept to the Neighborhood-O-Meter, but crime related based on crime stats) Map of Broward County is released: Crime-O-Meter of Broward (Fort Lauderdale)

Also the Walkability-O-Meter (again, similar concept, but walkability / public transit / urbanity related) is up and running: Walkability-O-Meter of Broward (Fort Lauderdale)

Old 01-01-2014, 11:43 AM

14 posts, read 86,789 times
Default Recc on sites for area "inside scoop"?

Thanks! Very helpful! I am trying to figure out where to relocate in te Ft Lauderdale area...Can you reccomend any sites that provide "insiders" info on things like lifestyle, resident profile, vibe....?

Can send reply directly to Michact@aol.com . - thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area