Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 08:37 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,035 times

Advertisements

Yeah, it's actually a quite dark blue (under the key 'Blue' - which are just decent average neighborhoods basically). I'm gonna likely change soon the current very dark blue - which is nearly a purple - to a better easier to see type of blue on all of this map and the Miami-Dade one (and the soon to come Palm Beach map).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepurplethorn View Post
I am surprised to see that Imperial Point Areas are in light green and the Cypress Lake areas are dark green?? Even though on the water Cypress Lake area is not so nice ... Imperial Point areas should be in "standard green" imo
The Cypress Lake areas are in the medium/standard green. And I'll take your suggestion and put some of the parts in Imperial Point up to the standard green when I do a review of the map soon - it's just that I heard from some people (mostly here) that the area is kinda of downhill and not as good as it once was - and data-wise it would be probably right between the light green and the slightly darker green.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:44 AM

135 posts, read 207,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
I've made a new map - based on the launch of the successful Neighborhood-O-Meter I did for Miami-Dade - covering all neighborhoods and Cities within Broward County rated by general quality of life/desirability.

The link to it is at the end on this opening post. This should be useful to a great number of people relocating or thinking of relocating (or already living here in SoFL) to somewhere within Broward.

Notes: Input/comments to make further updates soon on the map are very appreciated. It's a Beta project.

Additionally, if you can't see all the areas in the map at the same time on the link at the end of the post, just Copy (right click on the link and Copy) and Paste the following link on the Google Maps Search and click on Search (or click Enter - both ways work): https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...e91c0ce9b49c06 (Only click on this link itself if you wish to download the map in KML format, this way you can also see it on Google Earth) Otherwise, you can just go through the pages and see the neighborhoods page by page, by clicking Previous and Next down in the Map Description.

Remember people that this is still not a final project (will be soon - probably in the next few weeks / also I'll be sending a petition to the Moderator to make it into a Sticky later as I did with the Miami-Dade one) and may/probably has multiple faults and slight issues for now.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...e91c0ce9b49c06
Great map but I can't find a page that gives a color code meaning.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLBR View Post
Great map but I can't find a page that gives a color code meaning.
Over here:

(Description and Details + Colors)

Neighborhood-O-Meter of Broward County
A map with all neighborhoods and Cities within Broward County rated by quality of life (safety, aspect/how well kept is the area, amenities, reputability, etc)

Description & Colors:

Dark Green - Very nice, well kept and very safe areas.
Standard Green - Quite nice, well kept and quite safe areas.
Light Green - Above average areas - nice enough, mostly well kept and safe areas.
Blue - Avg. decent to reasonable areas, decent aspect and partially safe.
Light Blue - Fully/Mostly Non-Residential Areas, near average (variable, see neighboring areas).
Yellow - Below avg. areas, below avg. aspect and partially unsafe.
Orange - Well below avg. areas, shoddy aspect and unsafe.
Red - Mostly bad areas, poor aspect and quite unsafe.

Note: If you are having issues with the new Blue color, or else, just tell me and I'll see what I can do.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:16 AM

110 posts, read 88,745 times
I am looking to buy in the Fort Lauderdale area, this will come in handy. Thanks for creating and maintaining this map.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:09 PM

117 posts, read 286,793 times
OMG most useful moving map on the internet!! thank you, thank you!

Old 07-11-2013, 09:40 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,654,419 times
It is actually accurate.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:55 PM

59 posts, read 115,350 times
Very nice. I'm actually in the market right now. While I'm pretty familiar with most of Broward this makes quick reference a little easier, lol.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:18 PM

Thanks for the support everybody! I'll be doing a review of the map this weekend...but if, if something changes; it will just be very minor stuff to change...just one or two blocks in a few neighborhoods..

Old 07-14-2013, 08:08 PM

Updates done:

- Fixed a few areas with the wrong old type of blue (the kinda purple one to the new proper one).
- Part of North Lauderdale changed to blue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area