Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 07:37 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
Yes, it actually was there that the shooting happened. I'll extend the red into the specific area (likely), but will upgrade that area you said just off the Tpke. and maybe one or two other spots from red to orange (will try to look at local apt. reviews) - I can't do yellow really, otherwise I'd be saying that these areas as bad (or as good) as a few worse off areas of Coral Springs and parts of East Miramar and Downtown/East Davie.

Honestly, that's about as bad as it is. Lauderhill and Lauderdale Lakes wouldn't be so bad if 56th Ave and the 441 corridor weren't part of it. These areas suffered from an overwhelming influx of section 8 housing and absentee landlords as a result of white flight. Basically, working/middle class black people bought homes Lauderhill and Lauderdale Lakes, and white people left and slum lorded the lower end condo areas allowing the lower class to follow.

Now, about West Pines, yes that trailer park should be yellow; but the issue is that there are townhouse and even a few SFH complexes just west/northwest of the west end of Chapel Trail, plus one south of it. And there are two just west/southwest of the Walmart Supercenter. How should they be rated? Maybe blue to the trailer and the complexes west of Chapel, and the other cited here go to light green (or maybe solid/regular green??)

The area way west that is currently LIGHT green is rated perfectly aside from the trailer park. South of Pines is rated perfectly as well. Only change I could see south of Pines is that maybe west of 184th in Miramar (Sunset Lakes community) might be worth a dark green, especially south of Miramar Parkway where there are estate type homes.

About the Sheridan St corridor also in West Pines, I'll look further into it, probably make a few minor changes - but areas on the Pines Blvd corridor won't be upgraded (probably - may happen though). I'll go specific on that issue, look block by block, sub-section by sub-section.

Sounds good!

Just a last question, I was thinking of putting the area near Island Dr and Miramar Pkwy in East Miramar to the light green. It's strictly residential, most homes look pretty reasonable and proper, plus the stats are good and better than areas around it (mostly in blue now, like this area itself).

Light green for that area would be a bit generous from experience with this area. If the same neighborhood was in Dade County it would be an easy light green if that makes sense. The potential light green candidate I see in east Miramar is along 68th Ave south of Miramar Parkway (and maybe north to 25th Street). Houses are being fixed up in this area and properties look nice. Even the elementary schools are better in this area. Also, I could potentially see River Run (between Douglas and Palm Ave) as light green, but it suffers from a little bit of intermittent spillover crime from Carol City.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...11014,0.021136
Again, great job.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 04-29-2013 at 07:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 02:39 PM

984 posts, read 4,314,917 times
Made the updates, I'm pretty pleased with the map overall. So I hereby declare the Neighborhood-O-Meter of Broward County as the Final Edition.

It will still be reviewed and updates will be made to for its proper upkeep from time to time though.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:36 AM

First batch of updates done today:

- New small area in the beachside (A1A Corridor area) of Deerfield Beach

- New small area in the south end of Pompano Beach

Old 05-14-2013, 11:22 AM

36 posts, read 111,510 times
Default Minor Pompano fixes

Hi there -

Great map - really fine detail and accurate.

A couple of suggested edits in Pompano:

1. S Cypress Rd and SW 6th St: major new rental development. Very high quality, well-maintained and currently being expanded. It's definitely orange around this, but I would carve out this development as an extension of the blue across the street. http://goo.gl/maps/d0hFT

2. South of Atlantic Blvd, between NE 3rd Ave and SE 12 Ave: This area is mixed, but generally the homes and apartments are well-maintained and the area is safe. I would bump it to a blue. http://goo.gl/maps/h8HgY

3. Cypress Harbor, east of S Cypress Rd btw SE 13 St and SE 9 Ct: These waterfront blocks are quite nice and equivalent to the standard green area to the east, definitely not "above average". They are the equivalent to the Coral Ridge Isles area to the south of Cypress Creek, which you have correctly labeled as standard green. I would move these waterfront blocks of Cypress Harbor into the standard green. http://goo.gl/maps/hOC2p

Again, great work!

Old 05-16-2013, 06:56 PM

2 posts, read 16,428 times
Thank you so much for this! I am relocating to Broward county at the end of this year and this has literally been a life saver. Thank you so much!

Old 05-17-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopecouple View Post
Hi there -

Great map - really fine detail and accurate.

A couple of suggested edits in Pompano:

1. S Cypress Rd and SW 6th St: major new rental development. Very high quality, well-maintained and currently being expanded. It's definitely orange around this, but I would carve out this development as an extension of the blue across the street. Google Maps

2. South of Atlantic Blvd, between NE 3rd Ave and SE 12 Ave: This area is mixed, but generally the homes and apartments are well-maintained and the area is safe. I would bump it to a blue. Google Maps

3. Cypress Harbor, east of S Cypress Rd btw SE 13 St and SE 9 Ct: These waterfront blocks are quite nice and equivalent to the standard green area to the east, definitely not "above average". They are the equivalent to the Coral Ridge Isles area to the south of Cypress Creek, which you have correctly labeled as standard green. I would move these waterfront blocks of Cypress Harbor into the standard green. Google Maps

Again, great work!
Thanks! I'll be doing a quick review of the map soon and fix a few errors/mistakes, that will definitely help.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:56 AM

Completed the quick review (it wasn't that quick though...hehe), just 2-3 minor modifications were done plus the 3 above. And again, thanks for the support!

Old 05-31-2013, 12:13 AM

114 posts, read 180,314 times
This tool came god send as we are clueless about the area and this just made looking for places so much easier.

By the way, what is the purple color supposed to be? is not on the key?

thanks for this map!

Old 05-31-2013, 10:34 AM

9 posts, read 39,135 times
Sorry can you point me to the legend where the colors are explained? Not sure what purple means ... i figured red means bad and green means good?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:34 AM

9 posts, read 39,135 times
Oh sorry I just opened the map on my computer and I see the legend... it was not showing on my phone.
I guess the purple I see is actually dark blue

I am surprised to see that Imperial Point Areas are in light green and the Cypress Lake areas are dark green?? Even though on the water Cypress Lake area is not so nice ... Imperial Point areas should be in "standard green" imo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area