Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 07:54 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,963,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago45 View Post
I don't have any dogs, but if I did, they would not be allowed in bed. That sounds unsanitary.
Life is pretty unsanitary but I'll take my chances with my dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2024, 08:26 AM

15,629 posts, read 10,382,405 times
No. Our bed is for my spouse and me only. My dog's bed is for her.

Old 02-15-2024, 08:29 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,969,723 times
Quote:
I don't have any dogs, but if I did, they would not be allowed in bed. That sounds unsanitary.
As I said in my reply to this post, in my family, it is as natural as ducks in a pond.......but being around here on the Net, I've seen opinions of how odd (to put it nicely).

Sigh.....to each their own but to that counter opinion, it exists to me as......
https://twitter.com/Peanuts50YrsAgo/...935361/photo/1
(Snoopy and Sally, "Touched the Dog")

Old 02-15-2024, 10:18 AM

631 posts, read 398,722 times
The thing I find funny is that no matter where I start sleeping, I always wake up balancing on the edge of the (queen) bed, with the dog taking up the rest of the space. She's only a miniature poodle, so how does that happen. Every. Single. Night

Old 02-15-2024, 10:42 AM

1,852 posts, read 873,115 times
I have a king bed, and I use a "blanket system". I have three blankets over my top sheet, with the BedSure (pet-proof) on top. The dogs are only allowed on that top blanket. They know it, and when I've moved that blanket off my side (because it's very hot), they move. I rarely have to say, "Scoot." They do not encroach on my side.

I have duplicates of each blanket so that when I'm washing one set I have the other ready. My room is also the one where the doggie door is, and where they are watered and fed, so unless it is raining, they have access to that room all the time. That BedSure has saved my sheets so many times.

I have the other blankets (a thicker velour-like one, and a cotton basketweave) because sometimes I like it cold and I snuggle under the covers, but otherwise I move that blanket over too and only have the light cotton one.

Old 02-15-2024, 11:19 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,963,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceira View Post
The thing I find funny is that no matter where I start sleeping, I always wake up balancing on the edge of the (queen) bed, with the dog taking up the rest of the space. She's only a miniature poodle, so how does that happen. Every. Single. Night
This reminded me of a book from the sixties by Jacqueline Susann called "Every Night, Josephine!" I must have read that book five or six times as a kid. Josephine is the black standard poodle who comes into their lives and changes it in so many wonderful ways.

Lots of background anecdotes about the celebrities of the time. Nothing scandalous - just fun stuff!

Old 02-15-2024, 11:30 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,065,608 times
I have two dogs. They're allowed ON the bed, but not IN it. (They can lay on the comforter but not the pillows or sheets). The smaller dog sleeps at the foot of the bed; the larger dog sleeps in his dog bed next to us. It works for us.

Old 02-15-2024, 11:56 AM

25,559 posts, read 17,263,106 times
Our min-pin/dachshund has to sleep under the covers. She waits until we are both in bed and then burrows her way down to our feet, where she stays. All night. She watches TV the same way - under her blanky. OK, she can't watch it, but she is always right with us.

Her Great Pyrenees sister gets on the bed from time to time, but feels better standing guard in the living room. She has a "WOOF!" that would make Jack The Ripper wet his pants.

Old 02-15-2024, 12:02 PM

1,852 posts, read 873,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Great Pyrenees...She has a "WOOF!" that would make Jack The Ripper wet his pants.

I bet! I once had a Newfoundland. He was HUGE.

Old 02-15-2024, 01:49 PM

23,265 posts, read 18,777,131 times
Quote:
Never understood this. A housedog shares more than a bed and they have the same biological needs/functions the resident humans do. They also track the outdoors in, just like the humans do. Any "germs" in or on the dog are probably present everywhere. I don't know anyone who doesn't groom & bathe their dog to remove their more "unsanitary" aspects, who doesn't housetrain them or allows them to eat on furniture. There are all sorts of bed coverings that help manage dog hair/dander. Then there's laundry. Don't know about you, but I wash my bedding regularly! Thank goodness I'll never be a germaphobe!

Last edited by Parnassia; 02-15-2024 at 03:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs