Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 11:50 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times

Advertisements

No way! My dog weighs 140 pounds and my husband is 6’4.5” and 200 pounds. I am 5’2” and 118…..I’d get squished or pushed out of bed. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2024, 06:22 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Luckily my husband was very handy so we installed pergo ourselves but it’s definitely a big job in a large home.
It's the tearing up of the tile sections too that's a mess (it would need to be one big job).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-03-2024, 09:04 AM

7,067 posts, read 4,510,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It's the tearing up of the tile sections too that's a mess (it would need to be one big job).
Tile is a much bigger job than just removing carpet. I have owned 10 properties and only one had tile in the kitchen , entry way and hallways and we left it and put pergo everywhere else. The downside to all hard surface floors is that it’s definitely noisier as carpet absorbs sound. My allergies and asthma have made it that if I sleep anywhere with carpet my nose runs constantly. Some hotels are now using pergo but I never know before arrival.

Old 03-03-2024, 11:38 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
If you have ever pulled up old carpet it’s disgusting what’s underneath. Plus hard surfaces are much healthier if you have allergies or asthma. Also much easier to clean up any dog mess.
Like this?

Not so much from my dogs (that stained area was inaccessible to our dogs). Previous owner bought this house and wife decided she didn't like it but their son and 2 griffons had run of the house and it was literally a giant kennel. When we moved in the basement carpet was toast. We immediately pulled it up and I had to have the concrete cleaned and sealed it was so bad. We just remodeled the upstairs and I had to kilz several areas due to the dog pee stains.

Old 03-03-2024, 10:22 PM

Three run, we bought a house that smelled like dog pee. They had a big dog and when we pulled up the carpet some of the subfloor was stained and nasty and we had to replace it before laying the pergo. Looks like you have a big job.

Old 03-03-2024, 10:33 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Three run, we bought a house that smelled like dog pee. They had a big dog and when we pulled up the carpet some of the subfloor was stained and nasty and we had to replace it before laying the pergo. Looks like you have a big job.
No it's done. Spot painted with a odor neutralizing sealer and put the floor down.

Fresh smell of circle sawn Doug fir. My older dog occasionally Ralph's some food up. Easy peasy clean up.

Old 03-07-2024, 10:29 AM

Three run, it turned out absolutely beautiful!!

Old 03-07-2024, 10:35 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
If you have ever pulled up old carpet it’s disgusting what’s underneath. Plus hard surfaces are much healthier if you have allergies or asthma. Also much easier to clean up any dog mess.
I replaced my carpet (it was 23 years old!) and when they pulled it up I was really expecting a mess (because so many people say what you did), but there was none. I mean, it was just the wood, and nothing else. Very little dust, no dirt, no stains - I was happily surprised. But there were never any dogs in this house so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs