Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2010, 08:31 PM

169 posts, read 276,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutz1012 View Post
Hmmm, gotta love those confused patients, lol!!! Sometimes they can be the easiest, and other times they are the most difficult, hahaha...Are you north, central, or south jersey? Have you considered PA, don't know where about in NJ you are..
I'm in the toms river, ocean county area....and it sucks here...some of our hospitals closed floors and laid off nurses..long term care places are only hiring new grads cause they are cheap to hire..but if i was a patient i'd be happy to see and older experienced nurse taking care of me...but thats just me....

Old 06-30-2010, 08:35 PM

117 posts, read 219,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane 08753 View Post
Yes in NJ you can get 140.00 a month cash and 200.00 a month food stamps and medicaid G...so if your benefits are stopped due to the clowns go to welfare and apply or better yet apply online..they are even 6 weeks behind though too..but once you apply your in the system...so do it now dont wait
Thank You for the post;
but I don't live in NJ;
& my state has food stamps but no other assistance, as my son will be 18 soon.
I checked last week, the food stamps were a god send;
but still wondering if I will be able to collect when I become homeless & have no mailing address .... not to mention my worry concerning my son.

Again, Thank You for the factual post; we did not qualify for the medicaid either

Old 06-30-2010, 08:36 PM

8 posts, read 14,747 times
My aunt Diane lives there too, small world.
It may be worth a short ride up 571 or 537 to my neck of the woods [Middlesex county] we are drowning in cheeky grampas & cantankerous grannies who need proper looking after.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:38 PM

377 posts, read 591,243 times
I just have to point out the obvious because emotions are running high.

This has been one political charade in order to beat up on the republicans in a contentious election year. They want us to be upset and despondent and hate the republicans. At least until July 12.

Harry Reid is in the fight of his life right now to keep his seat. Forget about him being Senate Leader, he probably won't even get re-elected. So he is desperate to do anything at all that makes it "appear" that he is fighting for us, and the republicans aren't.

If you follow his current campaign in Nevada, you'll see he's using our stress to make hits against his opponent. His rival is against unemployment insurance. So he's making us freak out, and then blaming us freaking out, on her. This is all politics.

Two weeks of constant hammering against the republicans, that's all you're going to hear about.

But, most likely, it's already in the bag. Cloture was canceled. It's still "in play" and when they return July 12, I wouldn't be surprised if they seat Byrd's replacement that DAY, and they instantly have 60 votes once that happens.

They are not going to torpedo the economy by not passing UE. They aren't willing to do that. But they are willing for us to suffer, and to miss some important payments we owe. I don't think they're willing to go beyond that.

So stay focused everyone. Freaking out and complaining and being depressed serves absolutely NO USEFUL FUNCTION. Nothing good can come to you when you are in that state of mind.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:40 PM

600 posts, read 1,077,543 times
And in the meantime, CONTACT YOUR CONGRESS MEN AND WOMEN!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 08:41 PM

600 posts, read 1,077,543 times
Quote:
I'm in the toms river, ocean county area....and it sucks here...some of our hospitals closed floors and laid off nurses..long term care places are only hiring new grads cause they are cheap to hire..but if i was a patient i'd be happy to see and older experienced nurse taking care of me...but thats just me....
I may need a nurse before this is all said and done.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwerl View Post
My aunt Diane lives there too, small world.
It may be worth a short ride up 571 or 537 to my neck of the woods [Middlesex county] we are drowning in cheeky grampas & cantankerous grannies who need proper looking after.
thats a great thought once i get my 1997 for taurus with a bad sticker since last july fixed..lol..i try to go out at nite so the cops dont see me and with all the summer people down here now the cops are having fun with those pull ya over and check the seat belt checks...so i lurk in the dark lmao

Old 06-30-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrox311 View Post
I may need a nurse before this is all said and done.
I've been having chest pain bad today...if it keeps up i'll go to the ER tomorrow...if i dont wake up thats ok too......thats just how i'm feeling these days...i've really really lived a very good life ...i'd just miss my 6 grandsons...they are so cute...

Old 06-30-2010, 08:47 PM

8 posts, read 14,747 times
Quote:
thats a great thought once i get my 1997 for taurus with a bad sticker since last july fixed..lol..i try to go out at nite so the cops dont see me and with all the summer people down here now the cops are having fun with those pull ya over and check the seat belt checks...so i lurk in the dark lmao
Lol...bennies like herpes is everywhere you have to be in Toms River
Same here...took the 1994 mustang off the road because it needs a few repairs to pass so my sticker is expired. Right now I am willing to work in a local shop I can walk to. I like the exercise and need to get around people more...now to get someone to hire me.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:56 PM

59 posts, read 251,331 times
Quote:
I've been having chest pain bad today...if it keeps up i'll go to the ER tomorrow...if i dont wake up thats ok too......thats just how i'm feeling these days...i've really really lived a very good life ...i'd just miss my 6 grandsons...they are so cute...

Sorry to hear about your chest pains. I've really enjoyed reading some of your posts. You sound like a very interesting and funny person. Hopefully everyone will get through this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment