Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 08:03 AM

23 posts, read 80,132 times

Advertisements

why can't people just be happy for jon & kate? i don't think they had 8 kids knowing they were going to get a t.v. series etc. just ignore them if you don't like them.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:32 PM

13 posts, read 62,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy15161 View Post
The duggars built there own house and built it together. They already had money before the show even started they rent out a buch of comercial properties which I think is way more than what Jon and Kate were doing. Sorry it just makes me sick there are people out there tha have no money and no food to eat and they get a free house?!
You know Jon's profession was as an IT Analyze and Kate was an RN. Those are pretty worthy well paying professions, and they are both college educated. Everyone is blaming Jon and Kate for taking advantage of what TLC has offered them, but no one is going to the source (TLC) voicing their opinions about these issues. The truth is that this show probably doesn't have too much life left in it anyway because TLC has become very off topic with the whole premise of the show. If you had 8 kids to clothe and feed, and a they wanted to make a television show about you, wouldn't you jump at the chance? The fact is there isn't any comparison between Jon and Kate and the woman with the 14 children because it was a crime for the doctor to have given her fertility treatments knowing she already had six kids at home. Maybe her intentions were to capitalize on her 14 kids, but I don't see it ever happening because what she did was totally out of line. At least when Jon and kate had the sextuplets, it wasn't done intentionally with a reality show contract in the back of their minds. They were willing to take on the financial responsibilty of their kids themselves. It was TLC that made them an offer. They didn't go looking for one. They are being chastised for being able to provide a better life for their kids and, of course, themselves because they are a package deal. The kids are not being exploited no more then a child actor, except these kids aren't going to continue to pursue a career in Hollywood. Once the show ends, their history. These kids have been afforded such great opportunities they would have otherwise never have gotten to experience. I know they shouldn't have been singled out when there are people and children much worse off and who really need financial stability and will never receive an ounce of opportunity that the Gosselin kids have thus far, but once again, if opportunity knocks, it is a matter of doing what's right for you and your family, and not everyone is going to share your same values or beliefs, and there is always going to be someone there to judge you, but it is really insignificant in the overall scheme of things. I think what most people are put off about is the fact that Kate came off so humble and moral in the beginning, but with the more success the show had, and the more money she made, she became less likable because she is starting to exhibit a better than thou demeanor.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:50 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,413,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emocigs8 View Post
What about the other "mom" who popped out 8, had 6 already, and is now on welfare and food stamps? I like what Jon & Kate are doing more.
Where do you think the "other mom" got her idea from????

Here's a simple solution--STOP watching the show like I did!! If people are watching it, then the show goes on. Stop watching and see if Jon and Kate can survive without all of TLC's money!!

Old 02-15-2009, 01:20 AM

1 posts, read 5,648 times
Jon & Kate, real or fake? Kids are real, no way did they pay for that house! TLC bought that place for them! I've been to their old house and just drove by their new place tonight! They really should not post pics of their new house online! ARe they stupid or what? Kate is a major *****!! How does Jon live with that? Money talks and bull**** walks!! Hope Jon knows what the hell ticks are are!! He's out there in the woods taking his kids through the woods and whining cause his kids are making too much noise and can't see the deer!! They didn't have ticks where they lived before! Wait till Kate finds a tick! Then TLC can buy them another house!! They're as bad as that lady with 18 kids!! give me a break!!

Old 02-15-2009, 01:24 AM

4,975 posts, read 9,552,510 times
I guess I am clueless. I have never watched this show. I don't get the attraction. It's about a couple with kids? I can go to the store or the park and see that. But I don't want to. It sounds like an utter waste of time. Why would I care what a family does?

If people have that kind of time to waste, why not go volunteer, go read a book to someone in a nursing home or something.

I do not see how any of that can be entertainment, from what I am reading.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:26 AM

4,975 posts, read 9,552,510 times
Default What is the attraction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfeery View Post
Unfortunately, lately Kate is not being a good example to other Christians or the worldly lost souls. She is disrespectful to her husband, and she is lacking in proper discipline regarding Maddy. She is allowing her selfish side to be leading her speech and actions. But, how do we know if these pieces lie on the cutting room floor? Also, until we walk in their shoes, how can we judge what we would do? I hope that it is all done with the right intention, and experience is the best teacher in life.
Why does anyone care about this woman so much? Did she win the Olympics? Did she do something to help a lot of people? What the heck?
Do you all just care, because it is on TV? Jeesh.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:39 AM

3 posts, read 11,522 times
Go to the site called The antigosslings without pity, there are alot of video interviews with Jon and he answers alot of questions. He lost his job and now he plays daddy daycare when Kete is in New York. They always want one of them home with the kids. I'm sure they can afford the new house with Kate being a best selling author and she has 2 books and is writing her 3rd. They also have other things in the works besides the show. I guess they really love their kids and only want the best for them. We can all be jealous and hateful of them, but to what end. Our economy sucks right now, even here in Canada but that has nothing to do with Jon and Kate. I'm lucky that my husband has a great paying job and we haven't had to go without but I still feel bad for those of you who have lost jobs, homes and medical due to the ineptness and greed of government. We have free will and if we really don't like Jon and Kate then all we have to do is, "click" the channel is now changed to something we do like. For us to sit here and rant about one family in a world of many, to me is stupid.I say lets use the energy we have used to run this family into the ground and try to fix our own familys. Really people, it's one family, who the heck cares if they live in a mansion or a tent. Find something constructive to do and stay off these reality sites. I can see they are doing nothing for you. Maybe you should use your Jon & Kate time to meditate instead. I know you'd feel soooo much better than you do after visiting these sites with your hateful comments.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:44 PM

160 posts, read 642,104 times
If not for this forum I would never have heard of this family I caught a glimpse of the program once when I was channel surfing. Didn't stay even to the next commericial because I found the camera work and their voices so so so annoying.

Seriously, if a woman wants to treat her body like a circus clown car (those toy size thingies where a bunch of people squeeze out), she has the right to do so. A reality show based on this accomplishment sounds really boring. Like watching home videos (or home movies like we had back in the day) of someone's family you barely know from work.

Creating fan websites (for or against) just keeps the advertisers and publishers coming back. Ignoring them works much better.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:52 PM

1 posts, read 5,357 times
i agree with you jonandkatepluseight. jon and kate are nice parents. they would do anything for there children! Just be happy for them for once!♥

Old 02-22-2009, 02:30 PM

9 posts, read 26,550 times
Thumbs up Jon n Kate

All you inconsiderate (Im being nice,, cant call you what I really would like to) people who are posting this raunchy stuff,, Just remember what goes around comes around. You must be very unhappy in your own life to be trashing this family. You seem to over look that Jon and Kate promote very needy charities, go to church regularly and do keep their life as normal as possible considering they almost have a baseball team at home, to take care of. I feel they are doing one hell of a job raising their children. I cant imagine taking care of a litter of kids. For the first year she didnt even leave her house. Thankgod she had a awesome support team behind her, (with no help from TLC!) And if she yells at Jon, Isnt that what marriage is about. She gets it off her chest and they go on like it should be.AND If he isnt working right now,, I admire him , for staying home and raising his children,, they are fortunate to be able to do that (Yes, because of TV) Im sure when those kids are in school,, things around their house will become normal and they will go back to the jobs,,THEY WENT TO COLLEGE FOR !
YOU RUDE PEOPLE,, GET A LIFE, IF YOU DONT LIKE THE SHOW,, do me and everyone else a favor and DONT WATCH IT. IF YOU DONT HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY, DONT SAY IT!!FINDING GOOD IN PEOPLE IS WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING, NOT TRASHING THEM,, LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE KNIT PICKING INNOCENT PEOPLE...Theres not one family that is perfect and if they have ONE problem child ,, THEY ARE LUCKY! I know families where every child in it, is screwed up!! I drive school bus,, JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I HAVE SEEN AND HEARD IT ALL, I SEE MORE!! This family is NORMAL!!!!
I commend Kate for actually writing a book,, while keeping a organized and clean house, cooking awesome nutritious meals and staying sain!!! Shes super woman to me. No matter how much money you have,, if you dont have your head together,, forget it. All you trash mouth people are just jealous!! Take a look at your own life. Maybe if you would get away from the computer for a while and channel your energy somewhere else,, you might be able to make a difference somewhere in this world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV