Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2009, 03:26 AM

1 posts, read 4,053 times

Advertisements

I just can not stand how kate always yells a t john he never yells at her and she makes him look like a idiot" john -john -john -i need help get over here are you watching john....poor john he wakes up early every day gets her coffee, dresses the kids, baths the kids, puts them to bed.. She is always tired.... He works, she stays home. Kate you need to be nicer to john before he up and leaves you for a woman who will treat him better , 8 kids or not a man can only take so much abuse and kate dishes it out to him daily wake up kate....!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 07:11 PM

1 posts, read 4,013 times
Cool John and Kate Plus Eight

Can't help myself, I have to comment, In the begining I watched the show each week now it's no big deal if I miss it.The show is no longer entertaining. Kate is rude and disrespectful! Kate is a wimp and drama queen. I think she needs a good dose of the real world! People are loosing their jobs, homes, medical coverage.Maddie's behavior is horrible! She is abusive to her sibblings. I think I will watch 18 Kids and Counting on Tues. night @ 9o

Old 02-02-2009, 08:42 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,837,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Memory View Post
They get free admission to a lot of public places (since those places get the publicity) but everything else is out of their own pockets. (Which means, they saved up all these years for the new house.)
Yeah right. I have some nice oceanfront property in Nebraska for sale, if you're interested.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:44 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,837,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
What I don't understand is that many people that say they hate the show know so much about it. I've watched it about three times and found it mildly interesting and that's partly because it's set in PA. Don't like it? Don't watch it, don't post about it.....
My wife used to watch it, that's how I saw so much if it. But it got to a point where the show grated on my nerves enough to make me leave the room.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:43 AM

1 posts, read 3,977 times
Default Jon and Kates house

Where is this house located?

Old 02-02-2009, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Maybe they shouldn't have went to a fertility clinic then. Its well-known that there is a high risk of having multiples with fertility treatments, and they should have known this since they had twins the first time. If they couldn't afford a litter, they shouldn't have asked for one.
I just wanted to bring up that Kate has PCOS, and coming from someone who also has PCOS, I can tell you that it is often impossible to get pregnant without fetility treatments. (I know that I have been trying for over 3 years and Im in my 20's)...She never ASKED for multiples, it's just a possibility if you do the treatments. It's like saying "Do you NEVER want to have kids, or do you want to take a chance on having more than one"
Dont get me wrong, Im not her biggest fan, but even in the beginning of the show they say "When we decided to try for just one more, we got 6"
Nobody chooses to have 6, and nobody chooses to have a condition which requires them to seek medical intervention in order to do something as natural as having a child. I suppose they are just doing whatever they can to support what they ended up with.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:52 PM

13 posts, read 61,881 times
Default Jon and Kate's Children

Common guys. Those kids are not being exploited. There is nothing wrong with what they are doing. They are lucky to have been fortunate enough to have had TLC pick them up for a series because they would have never been able to give these kids anything. If you want to ridicule some family pick on the Duggar's. They are white trash. I want to vomit every time I see commercials for the trash family, and they keep having kids. I guess 18 isn't enough? As far as Jon and Kate goes, just because Kate applied for some state funded program before the show started doesn't make her a bad person. She probably did what anyone in her position would have done if you had eight kids. People stay on welfare having baby after baby using state aid with our tax dollars year after year, and you’re mad about two college educated parents trying to get some help from the state after they paid taxes and contributed to society for years. What everyone fails to remember is when Jon and Kate had children they didn't do anything different than anyone else who can't get pregnant. They didn't know they were going to have eight kids, and they certainly didn't know they were going to get a TV show because of it, and they kept those babies regardless, so don't make them out to be bad people because they aren't. Maybe everyone's just irritated by Kate these days because fame has gone to her head, but it all comes back around again. As long as the kids are happy and are taken care of, who cares? Oh, and what kids don't need therapy as adults? Whether they have been on TV or not.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:48 PM

52 posts, read 246,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
My wife used to watch it, that's how I saw so much if it. But it got to a point where the show grated on my nerves enough to make me leave the room.
LOL! My husband leaves the room when I watch it too! Though I must admit, I don't watch it as much anymore at all. It used to be interesting to watch a young couple overcome the challenges that multiples bring, without the paid help, on an average income. Now with a nanny, both parents home, a million dollar estate - the show has definitely changed gears since the beginning.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:52 AM

1 posts, read 3,860 times
I watch the show, and have for a while. I can see how fame and money can change a person. Kate really put on a show last night when she ran around the house like a raving lunatic, yelling at Jon about a $20 coupon. Give me a break, maybe an Oscar for that performance. Shame, shame Kate. Leaving Colin on the potty and angrily saying "you better go to the bathroom" and then turning the light off and leaving him in the dark. My heart sank that time when I saw that show. She is really turning into a different person, it's pathetic. I can't believe the way she yells, to me she appears psycho...I think she needs some help, she isn't grounded at all.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:02 AM

80 posts, read 201,794 times
Wow I must really be out of the TV program loop.
Who are these people??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.