Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 07:19 PM

457 posts, read 1,280,640 times

Advertisements

Oh oh - Looks like someone is headed for divorce:
Star Magazine | News | Jon Gosselin, Kate, Partying, Cheating, Volleyball

bet the ratings will skyrocket now!

Old 03-09-2009, 03:16 PM

2 posts, read 4,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Not me....I would not exploit my kids. Doing a one-hour special for TV is one thing...or even an occasional update on TV, but forcing your children to basically grow up in front of a camera, filming their everyday lives for peoples' entertainment is wrong. This show would violate child labor laws in some states, including California. But PA has no such laws, so they get away with it here.
Their kids have a choice whether they want to be on camera that day or not. So it's not like they are forcing their children to be on their tv show. And money from the show is going to go towards paying for their colleges, so they are benefitting the kids in the end.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:20 PM

2 posts, read 4,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr1234 View Post

you're seriously relying on stories by tabloids? if i know one thing for sure in this world, it's that tabloids almost never tell the truth.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:46 PM

93 posts, read 325,801 times
It is true though... he actually did go to Juniata College in Huntington. Jons mom works at Peebles there. He is reportedly living with his mother.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,421 times
Default Shame, shame

I simply love John and Kate. I am amazed at how things run in their house whole. I am so glad to see that they got a home. There is such a thing as saving. And Kate has repeatedly thanked all who has helped them. I see nothing to be jealous about. She wrote a book and that is hard work, ask someone who knows. Shame on you all.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:53 PM

90 posts, read 177,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodridance1219 View Post
Their kids have a choice whether they want to be on camera that day or not. So it's not like they are forcing their children to be on their tv show. And money from the show is going to go towards paying for their colleges, so they are benefitting the kids in the end.

These kids have no choice. They do as any normal kids would do, they do what their parents say as Kate always says in the episodes, "they have to obey me". Ever hear of the saying "do what your parents say but not what your parents do", well this quote does not apply to this family. Kids always want to please their parents. The kids are not benifitting from this in the end because all the money is NOT going towards their college educations it is going towards Kate's 1.5Million dollar home which, coincidentally, was paid by the viewers.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:01 PM

26 posts, read 62,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr1234 View Post

Run Jon run!

Old 03-10-2009, 07:34 PM

9 posts, read 26,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingStandards View Post
These kids have no choice. They do as any normal kids would do, they do what their parents say as Kate always says in the episodes, "they have to obey me". Ever hear of the saying "do what your parents say but not what your parents do", well this quote does not apply to this family. Kids always want to please their parents. The kids are not benifitting from this in the end because all the money is NOT going towards their college educations it is going towards Kate's 1.5Million dollar home which, coincidentally, was paid by the viewers.
Doesnt anyone realize that her book made her alot of money?? People swarm when shes at a book store signing her books.. She has worked hard for that large home they got,, She budgets her money,, pinches pennies, ect. I havent seen her blowing alot of money??Except to put a nice roof over those kids heads,
I deal with children everyday, day in and day out,, Whining 4 year olds are normal! When there are 6!! Especially kids who are together almost all day. They get on each others nerves. I see it,, Actually watching their kids, isnt soo bad. Try working in a daycare, With kids who are together all the time,, Some of them are constantly fighting, you have to keep little johnny away from Lucy,, You people need to get a life. They live their days just like you and I do, They fight,, which is normal,, None of you have a perfect life. The kids learn that even if you have your differences you WORK IT OUT then you make up and still love one another. THATS LIFE! If you dont have 8 kids,, YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE STRESS!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 10:19 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,826,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdriver5 View Post
She has worked hard for that large home they got!!!

Worked hard? HOW? By exploiting her kids on national TV?

Old 03-15-2009, 09:43 AM

90 posts, read 177,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Worked hard? HOW? By exploiting her kids on national TV?

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.