Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 04:39 PM

9 posts, read 26,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingStandards View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself!
You or anyone else cant tell me you would refuse to do a show that would help your family have more things in life,, If I was offered it,, I would do it,, To have better things and to be able to send my kids to college ect.(Heck to have a nice pool would be a plus!). Sending 8 kids anywhere is a big big expense,, Can you imagine taking 10 people to the movies!! (Which should be a normal outting) I drop 50 just to take my son and I,,,
She is a good mom and he's a good dad,, I know alot of children who would love to have them as parents. They are used to having those camera men around,, they have befriended those people. Those kids look normal to me,, Even if some have tantrums, I dont know one kid that doesnt flip out when something doesnt go right. Having that many children and staying sane is a accomplishment!!!

Old 03-17-2009, 07:32 AM

90 posts, read 177,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdriver5 View Post
You or anyone else cant tell me you would refuse to do a show that would help your family have more things in life,, If I was offered it,, I would do it,, To have better things and to be able to send my kids to college ect.(Heck to have a nice pool would be a plus!). Sending 8 kids anywhere is a big big expense,, Can you imagine taking 10 people to the movies!! (Which should be a normal outting) I drop 50 just to take my son and I,,,
She is a good mom and he's a good dad,, I know alot of children who would love to have them as parents. They are used to having those camera men around,, they have befriended those people. Those kids look normal to me,, Even if some have tantrums, I dont know one kid that doesnt flip out when something doesnt go right. Having that many children and staying sane is a accomplishment!!!

First of all, I would not exploit my kids on national TV. It is so easy for pedophiles to get these kids, since they know where they live and everything that goes on in their lives. I, for one, would not put my kids in harms way like they are doing. Furthermore, what are they teaching their kids, that they can show themselves on TV and get whatever they desire? What is the difference between doing this type of show and having children go on Facebook and writing down all their personal information and what they are doing including photos of themselves? What a shock these kids are in for when TLC takes them off the air and they are left living a normal life with not all the luxuries that they have now. I hope the parents have the common sense to put money aside for the psychological help these kids will be needing in the future. It is thanks to the viewers that they have all these luxuries and NOT from the so-called hard work that Kate says she does. Last I checked, for a so-called "busy mom", she sure does have a lot of time on her hands to write a book, go on the treadmill and pamper herself as well as having a nanny and a housekeeper. A friend of mine has 10 children and doesn't have the time to look at herself in the mirror. She works full-time as well in order to make a decent living for for her family and her kids are all very very well behaved, unlike Jon and Kate who stay at home living on viewer's money and enjoying their luxurious life. It's called hard work and being there for your family and having the family values instilled in your children. Someone should talk to her and see what life is all about. It's called being a parent.

Last edited by LivingStandards; 03-17-2009 at 07:50 AM..

Old 03-17-2009, 09:45 AM

And one more thing, where do you think the "Octo Mom" got her idea from? If TLC wouldn't have had the J & K show on, others would not get the idea that if you have multiple births, you will get a home, plastic surgery, teeth whitening, trips, money, everything new, etc. Amazing how the "Octo Mom" had to sign a paper stating that she will not have her own show. HUMM, I wonder if Kate had anything to do with that agreement? I guess she's afraid that someone who has more kids than her and is doing it on her own with no hubby might actually get the freebees that she actually needs other than Kate herself. TSK TSK. TLC should remove this show since it is giving people ideas to have multiple births, etc.

For Kate who says she is so busy, I guess having 2 dogs added to the brood is not hard work. Maybe she should get a job and know what it's like to work, then come home to cook, take care of the kids, clean. Other moms do it, why can't she? It's called living the life of a queen, that's why she stays home. Free money does make people do crazy things.

Everyone, do as I did, stop watching the show and have the TLC channel replaced by another channel. Too bad the other shows on TLC have to suffer for one family's greed.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:10 PM

9 posts, read 26,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingStandards View Post
And one more thing, where do you think the "Octo Mom" got her idea from? If TLC wouldn't have had the J & K show on, others would not get the idea that if you have multiple births, you will get a home, plastic surgery, teeth whitening, trips, money, everything new, etc. Amazing how the "Octo Mom" had to sign a paper stating that she will not have her own show. HUMM, I wonder if Kate had anything to do with that agreement? I guess she's afraid that someone who has more kids than her and is doing it on her own with no hubby might actually get the freebees that she actually needs other than Kate herself. TSK TSK. TLC should remove this show since it is giving people ideas to have multiple births, etc.

For Kate who says she is so busy, I guess having 2 dogs added to the brood is not hard work. Maybe she should get a job and know what it's like to work, then come home to cook, take care of the kids, clean. Other moms do it, why can't she? It's called living the life of a queen, that's why she stays home. Free money does make people do crazy things.

Everyone, do as I did, stop watching the show and have the TLC channel replaced by another channel. Too bad the other shows on TLC have to suffer for one family's greed.
Instead of stopping watching one show,, you better stop watching TV period,, there arent to many GOOD shows out there that wont influence someone , some way on another!! Better yet ,, stay off the internet cause theres alot of BAD information that might not be good for you. You choose not to watch it,,FINE,, its not gonna stop the show from running. ITS JUST ONE OF THE MANY REALITY SHOWS... Maybe you better contact TLC and see if you can get the Duggers off too. Theres another mom who choses to STAY HOME and raise her own kids, instead of putting them in daycare and letting STRANGERS raise their kids! I wish I had the extra money that I could have stayed home while my son when he was young, More people should do it ,, instead of worrying about the almighty dollar.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:41 AM

3 posts, read 11,518 times
I don't have a reality show and my dughter had been across canada, to mexico, alaska and a few other places by the time she was 12. I think Kate is a snob though and I think they are talking divorce. Watch the finale on Monday and something is going to happen other than Kate screaming at Jon for buying something for $50.00

Old 03-19-2009, 10:23 AM

863 posts, read 1,649,841 times
Nah they aren't gettign divorced. They will probably leave it "hanging" so people will tune into the next season, which somebody on here said they thought it started May 25th.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:50 AM

61 posts, read 193,364 times
wow, i hope none of you or your kids watch the Disney channel.. it's about 90% kid actors.. lots of exploitation going on there i guess. Lets all petition Disney for exploiting kids !! lol.. I don't see anyone here complaining about Different strokes or Family Matters or the hundreds of other family shows on tv.. all with kids in them..

On the show "Friends" each one of those actors got 1 million an episode. they brought in the kinds of revenue to get paid that.. so if Jon and Kate are bringing in that ammount of revenue for the network they deserve that big house and any money the show produces.. it seems like lots of jealousy going on in this thread.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
Nah they aren't gettign divorced. They will probably leave it "hanging" so people will tune into the next season, which somebody on here said they thought it started May 25th.

Kate probably broke one of her manicured finger nails and chipped the nail polish that's probably going to be the "cliff hanger" and she has to be rushed to the esthetician ASAP. She will blame Jon for it, what else is new. Or, she bought something very expensive and can't wait to show the viewers.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:50 PM

863 posts, read 1,649,841 times
:d

Old 03-19-2009, 04:46 PM

26 posts, read 62,289 times
Default Who bought the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdriver5 View Post
Doesnt anyone realize that her book made her alot of money?? People swarm when shes at a book store signing her books.. She has worked hard for that large home they got,, She budgets her money,, pinches pennies, ect. I havent seen her blowing alot of money??Except to put a nice roof over those kids heads,
I deal with children everyday, day in and day out,, Whining 4 year olds are normal! When there are 6!! Especially kids who are together almost all day. They get on each others nerves. I see it,, Actually watching their kids, isnt soo bad. Try working in a daycare, With kids who are together all the time,, Some of them are constantly fighting, you have to keep little johnny away from Lucy,, You people need to get a life. They live their days just like you and I do, They fight,, which is normal,, None of you have a perfect life. The kids learn that even if you have your differences you WORK IT OUT then you make up and still love one another. THATS LIFE! If you dont have 8 kids,, YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE STRESS!!!
I don't know where you are getting your information from but It's a well known fact that Jon and Kate didn't pay a cent for that house, It was bought by TLC and furnished by other well known sponcers of the show. You could be right that she gets money from a book deal but that money didn't buy that house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.