Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 10:12 PM

13 posts, read 61,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJHJ View Post
Who in the hell are you to say that the Duggars are "white trash"?!? They certainly don't seem like WT to me. They are married, they take care of their kids and their house, and seem like genuinely nice people. Would I want 18 kids? Absolutely not! I love my 2, and I'm not planning on having any more. But if it happens, it happens.

As for the fame going to her head, I don't think that's it. She has some serious problems, including her estrangement from her family, that probably need to be addressed in a multiple counseling sessions. And I don't understand how John doesn't stand up to her at least a little bit.

And your comment about "what kids don't need therapy as adults?" I'd say most that aren't exploited like these kids are don't need it.
Whatever! It's sad when the Duggar kids can't have new clothes or shoes and have to shop for all their clothes at thrift stores because their cult like parents are out of touch with reality. One of the little boys on the show was so sad when asked if he wished he could have new shoes. He said he would love new shoes and clothes, but there were just too many other kids, so he couldn't have that stuff, and yet, they keep popping them out, but no one sees anything wrong with that? These are modern day Amish people. They are utterly disgusting. God forbid they go against the family. They will be disowned. Those are not the type of people I’d want to sit next to in church because they think their way is God’s way, and the rest of the world is sinning. Aren't those kids being exploited? It almost sounds like those families that have one husband and 15 wives, and there kids are married off at 16, and no one is allowed to be educated outside of the family because there may be some bad influences trying to undo the brainwashing. SICK PEOPLE!!! As far as Kate's family issues go, no one knows what really has happened in her life with her family? Maybe her father was abusive. Maybe her mother neglected her. Maybe she didn’t like how they treated her kids. There are more dysfunctional adults out there trying to overcome the childhood traumas that were inflicted by their parents, some adults recognize their issues and others don’t or choose to ignore them, but they are eventually reflected in your interactions with others in everyday life, and I don't think these kids will have anymore issues about being on TV more than any other child celebrity. It is not a forever deal. If Jon had a problem with the way Kate treated him, he would stand up for himself, and we do not live with them to see the other side of things. He could leave if he were unhappy. He obviously loves her. Yes, Kate has issues people, as does everyone. We are just not on TV for the world to see them. As far as Mady goes, she has issues because of the sextuplets not the cameras. Some kids require more maintenance than others. Mady would be the same child regardless. It is her personality, and she is a lot like Kate. Maybe it's learned behavior.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:18 PM

13 posts, read 61,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulzRulez View Post
You are plain silly. The Duggars had money BEFORE the show! They have several commercial properties for one, so they weren't hurtin'!

Just because you disagree with their religious beliefs, does not make them white trash.

They have been featured on documentaries for YEARS. Have you been in a cave, or perhaps your own little, hypocritical bubble for the past 5-6 years??
Wow you blow like the wind. First you agree with me and state that I have hit the nail on the head, and now I live in a cave. Stand your ground! Everyone is entitled to their opinions. You certainly had yours. I am not the least bit impressed with the Duggars. To me, they are trash, and that is my opinion. I don't call their beliefs religious, I call them cult like. They are DISGUSTING!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2009, 09:25 AM

53 posts, read 126,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefightermom View Post
I haven't bothered to read much about this woman, but my concern is with the place that she went to for in vitro. She must have had to disclose that she already had so many kids. She should have never been allowed to have the procedure. The doctor who allowed this should be seriously questioned, and so should the facility, in my opinion.

I did read that she is unmarried. Even though I don't like the Duggars either, at least they are teaching values, etc, the first of which is being married before you start a family!

Excellent point regarding Nadia Suelman! That just shows you how the medicinal world is greedy for your money.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
I doubt this thread is going to end anytime soon.
lol.

Multiples: The New Phenomenon

Old 02-05-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess706 View Post
Whatever! It's sad when the Duggar kids can't have new clothes or shoes and have to shop for all their clothes at thrift stores because their cult like parents are out of touch with reality.

Whatever, like it's like so sad that the Duggar kidz aren't like, all superficial like most American kids are nowadayz. Like, they can't even carry around Coach handbags and stuff? What kind of family is that?!

So....because a child is "sad" about his clothing, (even though he's very well loved, taken care of and his clothes are NOT in tatters), he should be given what he wants?

Hope you don't have any kids. If you do, good luck!

Old 02-06-2009, 11:38 AM

26 posts, read 62,202 times
Thanks TLC, Jon & Kate, and The Duggers for starting this disturbing trend of Multiples. Because I want to know how this woman in Florida can afford 14 kids when she couldn't afford 6? Oh let me guess, she'll get a show on TLC where she'll a new home for free, appliances for free, Furniture for free. People wake up! This crap has got to stop. What ever happen to parents looking out for the best interest of their kids and not themselves. Shame on you Jon & Kate, Take your kids out of the public spot light and let them have normal childhoods. Child Protective Services should ensure that these kids who have no say in this show are not being negatively effected by it. The Duggers, your religious and personal beliefs I cannot comment on but Jim Bob you need to strap it up or do the snip snip thing, Michelle you need to lean to keep your legs closed. For all those who say I too harsh what the difference between Michelle and a animal used for breeding, not much.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:51 AM

90 posts, read 177,157 times
Hey Conspiraceytheorist... I couldn't agree with you more. They are only doing it for the money and for the sake of their own pockets and don't give a rat's a-- about their kids. I wouldn't brag if I were them, since they are bragging on the money of viewers and for Jon to have stopped working that means viewer's money is not being well spent. I saw the show where there is a woman with no legs that is supporting herself by working as a mechanic and supporting her father and brother who both have problems. She is living in a low income home. Why doesn't TLC help this poor woman who really needs the financial help and, furthermore, it was mentioned at the end of the show that she now needs a wheelchair. Why is she not being provided with this or resources to help her father who has dimentia and brother who has a mental disability? Where is the justice in this world? I guess looks do count for something that's why Jon and Kate get whatever they want at other peoples' expense. TLC should remove Jon and Kate from the air. They are disturbed people.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:03 PM

90 posts, read 177,157 times
And one more thing, the Jon and Kate home was purchased by TLC and they did not fork out a dime...PATHETIC and to be proud of this, DISGUSTING! At least the Duggers have whatever they have with their own work and money and not by just be obnoxious like J and K are.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:25 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,235,428 times
Quote:
If you want to ridicule some family pick on the Duggar's. They are white trash.
Quote:
Whatever! It's sad when the Duggar kids can't have new clothes or shoes and have to shop for all their clothes at thrift stores because their cult like parents are out of touch with reality. One of the little boys on the show was so sad when asked if he wished he could have new shoes. He said he would love new shoes and clothes, but there were just too many other kids, so he couldn't have that stuff, and yet, they keep popping them out, but no one sees anything wrong with that? As far as Mady goes, she has issues because of the sextuplets not the cameras. Some kids require more maintenance than others. Mady would be the same child regardless.
I don't see the Duggar's as white trash. That term applies to groups of lower social class, used as a slur to describe financially and economically disadvantaged caucasians. The Duggar's do not fit this description, but I definitely think they are out there w/ their believing as long as God gives them babies, they'll feel blessed. I think God expects us to have some common sense too. While the paren'ts may be happy, the children never had a voice in it. They all seem well adjusted, but I agree w/ you about having to only shop at thrift stores and make your own soap is kind of sad.

As far as John and Kate, thank goodness for John to balance the family out and let the children indulge in a little fun like getting dirty. Mady definitely is the drama queen. We have one living next door to us.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:32 PM

26 posts, read 62,202 times
Default I agree!

Livingstandards you hit the nail on the head.TLC should look for people more deserving of help. I too saw that show and I hope the family despite their their lack of Photogenic good look are getting the same kind of attention that Jon & Kate are getting. I guess that You know that good looks trump need. This woman with all her disabilities still continues to work in a physical job to support her family unlike Jon & Kate who no longer work and have help for housework paid for by TLC ( That means US). She has Time to write a book, if you believe that, it was probably a ghost writer, so she can rake in the bucks because of this help. I saw her this week on the morning talkshows probably Good morning America and Maddy threw a fit that morning. I wander why she threw a fit and was so rude, could it be she is totally fed up with this circus. The poor kid is being dragged here and there being told what to say and what to do. Once again where is Child Protective Services?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV