Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2009, 08:36 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,825,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I can't believe America is so STUPID that one of the "hottest" threads on the Pennsylvania forum on a RELOCATION-ORIENTED web site is a thread about the moral values (or lack thereof) of a reality television show!
This really isn't a relocation-oriented website anymore.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:55 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,535,081 times
What I don't understand is that many people that say they hate the show know so much about it. I've watched it about three times and found it mildly interesting and that's partly because it's set in PA. Don't like it? Don't watch it, don't post about it.....

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:53 AM

90 posts, read 177,069 times
Thanks! It felt good saying it out loud! Selfish, selfish people.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:36 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
This really isn't a relocation-oriented website anymore.
That's because most newer members are now intelligent enough to do a search for what they want to know and are able to find pertinent threads that have already been beaten like a dead horse. I miss trying to "help" people.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:25 PM

862 posts, read 1,643,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawang View Post
Everytime you sit down and watch their show and fund their mansion....

Look over at your child or children that you should be spending quality time with...aka couch potato

Everytime you sit down and watch their show think about what educated reading you could be doing in the tv watching time.

Because you idiots.... That is what Kate is doing and she is doing with her kids.

You guys are complete idiots for funding their life style living.

Read, Play with YOUR KIDS, Ride a bike, volunteer.....Why are you funding Reality TV Shows...

PATHETIC....
Every heard of TiVo or DVRs and watching TV AFTER the kids go to bed? Maybe that's what these people are doing.

Or maybe, just maybe, some don't have children?

Old 01-29-2009, 07:39 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,776,616 times
My kids go to bed way before this show airs...I think it's on at 9pm usually? So yeah, if I watch it, they are in bed asleep like they should be at that hour!
I watch it for entertainment only...makes me glad I don't have 8 kids, and how much I love my 2 kids and my husband. Now I'm glad I don't have such a huge house to keep clean!

Old 01-31-2009, 03:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,421 times
I am not surprised about kate saying many times how they have each other...selfish, there is more than siblings or parents, there is entire communities supporting their lifestyle. No wonder, there is no family members allowed to come near them

Old 01-31-2009, 06:40 PM

2 posts, read 4,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Maybe they shouldn't have went to a fertility clinic then. Its well-known that there is a high risk of having multiples with fertility treatments, and they should have known this since they had twins the first time. If they couldn't afford a litter, they shouldn't have asked for one.
I'm sure nobody thinks they would have that many at once....They didnt ask for a litter, its just what they got. Atleast they didnt "reduce" them. They could have aborted some of them, but they chose to give them live, and they are doing what they have to to be able to give them them best lives possible! I know if it were available to me, I would do the same!

Old 01-31-2009, 06:50 PM

2 posts, read 4,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawang View Post
Everytime you sit down and watch their show and fund their mansion....

Look over at your child or children that you should be spending quality time with...aka couch potato

Everytime you sit down and watch their show think about what educated reading you could be doing in the tv watching time.

Because you idiots.... That is what Kate is doing and she is doing with her kids.

You guys are complete idiots for funding their life style living.

Read, Play with YOUR KIDS, Ride a bike, volunteer.....Why are you funding Reality TV Shows...

PATHETIC....

And every time you sit to write judgemental posts in a forum, you could be doing something with your kids also. Think about that.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:17 PM

501 posts, read 1,430,035 times
I actually enjoy "Jon & Kate Plus 8" because the parents are pretty down to earth people. The way they interact with each other and deal with their kids is something I enjoy watching them do. They get free admission to a lot of public places (since those places get the publicity) but everything else is out of their own pockets. (Which means, they saved up all these years for the new house.)

They don't act like a scary Stepford family where everyone is nice, perfect, and very conservative towards each other.

As for their new big house, I think it's good for them to be able to have more room for their kids, plus, a pool. I know a lot of houses in PA are pretty big so what they have is nothing. I've seen far bigger ones with really wide open yard space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.