Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2009, 12:33 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulzRulez View Post
lol.

Multiples: The New Phenomenon
Hey, I have 10 dogs. Maybe I could get my own show?

Quote:
Whatever, like it's like so sad that the Duggar kidz aren't like, all superficial like most American kids are nowadayz. Like, they can't even carry around Coach handbags and stuff? What kind of family is that?!

So....because a child is "sad" about his clothing, (even though he's very well loved, taken care of and his clothes are NOT in tatters), he should be given what he wants?

Hope you don't have any kids. If you do, good luck!
I don't think she meant giving a child everything he/she wants. It can be fun to shop at places besides thrift stores. I can't imagine having to wear someone else's shoes that were broken in to fit their feet. No, I don't have to spluge on $80 shoes. I'm very good at finding sales for my family. With the economy like it is, it's very easy to go into some of the higher end stores and find clothes & shoes at 75% off. There seem to be alot of sales right now.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:37 PM

90 posts, read 177,017 times
Consipraceytheorist, you are so so right! I guess having a housekeeper and nanny paid by US the viewers is the way to go and to have a renewal of vows held in Hawaii. Renewing vows could have been done in their hometown instead of wasting viewer's money on their selfishness. They didn't have to renew vows, there ARE already married what's the use?? The unfortunate people do not get the help they need but whining undeserving ones do.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:15 PM

Everyone should stop watching Jon and Kate and let them go to work and know what it's like to have to work your butt off to make ends mete and afford a mansion at the same time. Then they will know what hard work is all about instead of doing a 30 minute show and being spoon fed. They will know once everyone stops watching that they won't be able to keep that mansion.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:43 PM

We should contact TLC and ask them that since their house was paid by us, if we can stay there during our vacations and weekends. If you look at it, it really is OUR house not theirs.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,925 times
let these people live!!!! who are you all to criticize them so much!!! you dont know them!!! you only see a portion of these people's life!!! the show is just a glimpse of who these people are!!! dont you guys have something better to do??? i mean is you dont like the show or these people DONT WATCH IT!!! no one on here knows these people!! you dont know what it is to be in their situation!!! stop criticizing these people!!! it's their life,their decisions!!! who are you all to say what they "should" or shouldn't" do??? like i said find something else to do!! and just dont watch the show!! everyone has the right to live their life the way they choose!! i honestly think most of you are jealous of how successful they have been...so what they have a new home, good for them!!

Old 02-06-2009, 04:37 PM

26 posts, read 62,168 times
The kids don't have a choice they are along for the ride and me I'm not watching the show I refusing to support these people. What about what people who know her are saying what a mean spirited person she is i.e. aunt Jodi, Why is there no family around. Could it be that they are disgusted with her greed? I hope people wake up and realize the show should be removed from the air. It is counter to what our values are concerning Children. When your own family wants nothing to do with you maybe that's why you move so far away.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:27 PM

46 posts, read 187,838 times
I agree with Conspiraceytheorist and others on the same pattern of thought of not watching Kate and 8. Kate only lets her kids watch educational shows and would NEVER allow them to watch a reality show. She was VERY outspoken about this until they signed a HUGE CONTRACT prior to their Hawaii vacation. The she became hush hush give the people what they want...me belittle my husband and showcase the kids...show me the money TLC.
The Druggers started off the same way but when the money is flashed at them, people will become puppets....
Human Nature.
What I want to change my thought.....WATCH IT ...AMERICANS...WATCH IT MORE....While I educate my children, and myself more...It is a dog it dog world out there...What looks better on a resume...
I watch TV...errr....I am an average student...adult....
I excelled in sports, reading literature, math, volunteered, played stick ball in the street....
Americans that pay $50-100 a month for tv....is why Germany, China and yes, now India have surpassed the American couch potato....
Kate is laughing all the way to the bank AND has already accepted college tuition for free at PA colleges....while you sit and eat chip and dip and watch.
People are not jealous of them. They are WORLD travelers and they know what and how your couch potato tv watching lifestyle has hurt the American Educational and growth system...Do you even know your local politican, have you read economic reports.....Americans are not the leader of the pack because of TV watching, China and India and surpassed american education. American high schools are scrambling to set up IB schools accross the state. But watch more tv because it gives my children and my family an edge when it comes to the job interview :>

Old 02-06-2009, 07:45 PM

13 posts, read 61,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I don't see the Duggar's as white trash. That term applies to groups of lower social class, used as a slur to describe financially and economically disadvantaged caucasians. The Duggar's do not fit this description, but I definitely think they are out there w/ their believing as long as God gives them babies, they'll feel blessed. I think God expects us to have some common sense too. While the paren'ts may be happy, the children never had a voice in it. They all seem well adjusted, but I agree w/ you about having to only shop at thrift stores and make your own soap is kind of sad.

As far as John and Kate, thank goodness for John to balance the family out and let the children indulge in a little fun like getting dirty. Mady definitely is the drama queen. We have one living next door to us.
Thank you. At least you understand what I was saying.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:51 PM

13 posts, read 61,811 times
Quote:
Whatever, like it's like so sad that the Duggar kidz aren't like, all superficial like most American kids are nowadayz. Like, they can't even carry around Coach handbags and stuff? What kind of family is that?!

So....because a child is "sad" about his clothing, (even though he's very well loved, taken care of and his clothes are NOT in tatters), he should be given what he wants?

Hope you don't have any kids. If you do, good luck!
Thank you and right back at ya! You're the expert! I don't think a child wanting a new pair of shoes verses someone else's second hand shoes is too much to ask for. It's a parents responsibility to supply these things, and if you can afford to buy your kid a Coach bag, then more power to you. You sure wouldn't be the first parent to do so.

Last edited by princess706; 02-06-2009 at 08:02 PM..

Old 02-08-2009, 04:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,884 times
Default Where are the pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejonandkatepluseight View Post
Just STOP! Jon and Kate are good people. They couldn't have kids on their own so they turned to fertility treatments. I am sure they didn't expect or want 6 more children. They said that if even one of their children didn't want to do the show anymore they would stop the show. I think you people are just jealous they got a new big house...so what they deserve it!! Jon and Kate are wonderful parents and would never do anything that would be bad for their children.
Where are the pics. I cannot get them to come up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV