Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2009, 07:12 AM

1 posts, read 2,819 times

Advertisements

I think that Octomom is waiting for TLC to offer her her own show. Maybe she has been watching Jon and Kate and saw where they went from "rags to riches" by exploiting their family!!!!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:57 AM

9 posts, read 26,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatC425 View Post
I think that Octomom is waiting for TLC to offer her her own show. Maybe she has been watching Jon and Kate and saw where they went from "rags to riches" by exploiting their family!!!!
I agree somewhat with you,, BUT,,I think the doctor is the one to blame for that, He should have never done it,She had enough children to support with NO JOB! He had only one thing in mind,, Publicity!! But now he's getting it the wrong way,, the way he deserves!!!
There are many shows out there,, not only Jon and Kate,, That people are trying to copy. That woman wasnt in her right mind.. Sadly there are people out there looking to make a dishonest buck no matter what way you look at it..

Old 03-04-2009, 01:38 PM

4 posts, read 10,286 times
I agree with those that say those people bashing Jon & Kate are jealous. Hey they got a lucky break....good for them & their kids. I for one would take a deal like that if it came my way 8 kids or not.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:58 PM

omg what harsh words to describe the Duggars not a big fan of theirs but wouldn't call them white trash. Don't agree with how sheltered the kids are.......so many things Michelle herself has said on previous documentaries...for example the "buddy system" they have; pair up a small child with an older child.....so basically that older child becomes the younger child's mother IMO. I agree with helping out don't get me wrong but to make your older children responsible for the younger kids that you decide to pop out every year is disgusting. But to each their own.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
Hey, I have 10 dogs. Maybe I could get my own show?

I don't think she meant giving a child everything he/she wants. It can be fun to shop at places besides thrift stores. I can't imagine having to wear someone else's shoes that were broken in to fit their feet. No, I don't have to spluge on $80 shoes. I'm very good at finding sales for my family. With the economy like it is, it's very easy to go into some of the higher end stores and find clothes & shoes at 75% off. There seem to be alot of sales right now.

I agree.......if they didn't have this zoo of kids they wouldn't have to shop at thrift stores. They do their own hair cuts, their own perms, tailoring etc....they do it all themselves. They even built the house themselves; they all had to pitch in; even the little ones & I have yet to see anyone call that abuse.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emocigs8 View Post
What about the other "mom" who popped out 8, had 6 already, and is now on welfare and food stamps? I like what Jon & Kate are doing more.
She even set up a website asking for money. She is trying to land a deal like the Gosselins (sp?)

Old 03-05-2009, 07:23 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,918,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chata30 View Post
I agree with those that say those people bashing Jon & Kate are jealous. Hey they got a lucky break....good for them & their kids. I for one would take a deal like that if it came my way 8 kids or not.
Not me....I would not exploit my kids. Doing a one-hour special for TV is one thing...or even an occasional update on TV, but forcing your children to basically grow up in front of a camera, filming their everyday lives for peoples' entertainment is wrong. This show would violate child labor laws in some states, including California. But PA has no such laws, so they get away with it here.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:26 AM

47 posts, read 82,658 times
This is a sad, sad message board.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:55 AM

863 posts, read 1,651,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akp1121 View Post
This is a sad, sad message board.
No it's a message board where you can post your real feelings and not have to be a politically correct robot.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,368 times
Default Gosslins - I think thats how u spell it??

THese people need to quit this show, it is deystoying there kids. Just look at an episode there is atleast 10 meltdowns per episode, and normal 4 yr old kids are not that winey. ALso with all these free vacations that they get and they still complain:think:. And kate is always saying how she wants the lives of her kids to be"normal", well normal 4 and 8 year olds have not been to hawaii, disneyland, utah, north carolina, new york, and where ever else they have been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.