Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 06:09 AM

125 posts, read 125,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy68 View Post
Classic distancing!
Which is what people do when they are trying not to break down into tears.

Think about what you are saying.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:47 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,688,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigTurner View Post
So did the rest of America. That means absolutely nothing.

She was not sexualized. Pageantry was a part Patsy's life which she wished to share with her daughter. It in no way amounts to evidence that either John or Patsy brutally murdered JonBenet.

Bleaching a young child's hair blonde, dressing up a young girl in low cut tops, short shorts and teaching her (you can look at the tapes) to move her hips is sexualizing a child. It's maybe "normal" in the pageants, but that does not mean it's normal behavior of a mother to a child. It isn't and most mainstream psychologists will and do agree with this.
It has to be looked at because it was her family. Simple concept to grasp.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:40 AM

26,812 posts, read 26,948,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
I don't think either of them spend too much time with Jonbenet or Burke. They had a nanny.
They had a housekeeper.

Quote:
They just don't seem like they were emotionally invested in their children.
Watching the Larry King interview....I didn't see that.

Quote:
With Patsy it makes more sense, she thought she was dying.
Patsy was in remission for ovarian cancer at the time.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:17 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,895,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Bleaching a young child's hair blonde, dressing up a young girl in low cut tops, short shorts and teaching her (you can look at the tapes) to move her hips is sexualizing a child. It's maybe "normal" in the pageants, but that does not mean it's normal behavior of a mother to a child. It isn't and most mainstream psychologists will and do agree with this.
It has to be looked at because it was her family. Simple concept to grasp.
Amen. It is hard to look at that poor little girl and how they made a cartoonish/ too grown up for her years performer out of her. Parents who do that to their little girls should have their heads examined.

There is just something too pat about the way the Ramseys reacted to this horrible crime and how they answered the questions. Something is not right here and I think they knew more than they let on.

Don

Old 02-06-2014, 01:50 PM

243 posts, read 510,183 times
Reply to Sig.

What are you talking about? Be specific.

I didnt think she was murdered in the basement but put there later on. Im not linking you, look it up yourself.

She was not sexualized. Pageantry was a part Patsy's life which she wished to share with her daughter. It in no way amounts to evidence that either John or Patsy brutally murdered JonBenet.

I dont quite know how you can say that, lol- check her pageant vids out. her dance instructor didnt teach her those moves- Pats did. Share with her daughter- try a OTT pushy pageant Mum.

No, it has the sole purpose of cutting off the air supply and causing asphyxiation.

which causes the body to simulate orgasm.

And this happened before or after her skull was fractured with appears to have been either a tire iron or a crowbar? Whoever murdered JonBenet definitely meant for it to happen.

I think there is maybe differing opinions but from what Ive read, the head wound happened after she was already dead, or dying.

JonBenet's trips to the doctor had nothing to do with child abuse. Where do you get this stuff?

Jesus, I am not doing your research for you. Read the transcripts.

What did they have to do with then?

Old 02-06-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Which is what people do when they are trying not to break down into tears.

Think about what you are saying.
You are a tad tiresome Sig

Think about what you're saying, lol.

Its distancing. which is what people do when they are trying to distance themselves from a situation to avoid thinking about it. It also might indicate a person is lying.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
In what way does any of this amount to evidence of her having murdered JonBenet?

Lots of parents live vicariously through their children without ever cracking their skull open like a walnut and garroting them to death.

I agree with whoever said, its you derailing the thread. telling people what they can and cant talk about in relation to the case.

It isnt evidence of Pats murdering her daughter- but it is evidence of how inappropiately that little girl was treated. which most likely has bearing on this case.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:07 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,688,524 times
Quote:

JonBenet's trips to the doctor had nothing to do with child abuse. Where do you get this stuff?

Jesus, I am not doing your research for you. Read the transcripts.

What did they have to do with then?

I think they were for UTI's? Is that correct? I know too many are a red flag, can be indicative of sexual abuse, but I'm not sure how many/year constitutes abnormal.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:19 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,083,975 times
Quote:

I dont quite know how you can say that, lol- check her pageant vids out. her dance instructor didnt teach her those moves- Pats did. Share with her daughter- try a OTT pushy pageant Mum..........
How do you know that?

Regardless, I don't think JonBenet being in pageants is significant.

Thousands upon thousands of little girls are molested every year that have never set foot in a pageant.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:22 PM

973 posts, read 1,455,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
They had a housekeeper.

Watching the Larry King interview....I didn't see that.

Patsy was in remission for ovarian cancer at the time.

I see them as cold. More so John. Notice in most interviews he does most of the talking... I'm not talking about when Jonbenet died. While Jonbenet was growing up, Patsy thought she was dying of cancer. I just don't see any emotion from either of them that would normally be seen from the parents of a dead child. That and other things make me think John and Patsy didn't have a normal parental bond with their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.