Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2014, 06:07 PM

973 posts, read 1,455,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy68 View Post
You're right, there is nothing new to learn about this case.

And I don't think it will ever be solved- which again lends credence to my theory- the Ramseys were involved in a pedophile ring. They covered for someone else to save their own arses. These rings go right to the top- don't be mislead by thinking they don't happen- they do and people in powerful places protect others involved to protect themselves.
While I don't agree there's nothing new, I do think too much was revealed to the public.

I always found it to be a Freudian slip with Patsy declared "THERE'S AT LEAST TWO PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHO THE MURDERER IS!" I guess she realized how stupid, or telling, that was and backtracked to it being the killer and someone they had to have blabbed to.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
I dont think Karr was anything but a total creepy nutjob, I dont think he was related in any way to JBs murder.

He's a she now. not that there's anything wrong with that (haha) I think that just shows how mixed up he is.
That shows? That's the tip of the iceberg. Wasn't he married to like a 15 year old? He's a very bizarre figure. I only feel bad, because he has children of his own. I hope they've changed their last name.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:19 PM

297 posts, read 520,576 times
I remember the one thing Karr knew that was not public knowledge was that JonBenet's grandmother Nedra's nickname was Neddie.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:23 PM

243 posts, read 510,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
That shows? That's the tip of the iceberg. Wasn't he married to like a 15 year old? He's a very bizarre figure. I only feel bad, because he has children of his own. I hope they've changed their last name.

I don't recall that June, but that's not to say he didnt marry a 15 yr old. I wont google because I don't think he is relevant to the case. I was pretty sure he has kids though, poor things

Old 02-08-2014, 07:12 PM

297 posts, read 520,576 times
Quote:
I don't recall that June, but that's not to say he didnt marry a 15 yr old. I wont google because I don't think he is relevant to the case. I was pretty sure he has kids though, poor things
Yes, he has 3 sons.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:43 PM

24,153 posts, read 32,574,102 times
I've espoused the "pimping out" theory for a long time. I do not think that they PR and JR received financial recompense for this. I think that their compensation was of a more disturbing nature.

The pageants were a very unusual pass time for the wife of an executive and her daughter. Ballet lessons, skiing, tennis? Yes. Perhaps some legitimate modeling. Child beauty pageants are generally populated by misguided but well intentioned lower middle class folks who want to see their daughter's name in lights some day. Others are just looking for a little escape.

Yes, PR was in Miss America. Former Miss Americas are generally from somewhat modest means and use the pageant to pay for college. It's a scholarship pageant, after all. Then they marry some wealthy older guy and have a couple of kids. That's what Patsy did.

What they don't do is hang out with folks who live in trailer parks and bleach their daughter's hair blond. And they are generally not involved in the Kiddie Pageant scene.

Why did Patsy enter JonBenet into pageants and is there a connection?

There could be.

It could be that PR and JR wanted a venue to showcase their daughter's pulchritude and charm. While wearing adult and sexualized clothes.
Pageants were perfect for this.
So were the resulting photographs.

They were a way to advertise "that child" to others with desires so depraved that it's difficult to even think about them.

They let someone play with JonBenet on Christmas night and it went too far.

What is the name of a book that espouses a theory like this one? I need to reed that. Thanks.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I've espoused the "pimping out" theory for a long time. I do not think that they PR and JR received financial recompense for this. I think that their compensation was of a more disturbing nature.

The pageants were a very unusual pass time for the wife of an executive and her daughter. Ballet lessons, skiing, tennis? Yes. Perhaps some legitimate modeling. Child beauty pageants are generally populated by misguided but well intentioned lower middle class folks who want to see their daughter's name in lights some day. Others are just looking for a little escape.

Yes, PR was in Miss America. Former Miss Americas are generally from somewhat modest means and use the pageant to pay for college. It's a scholarship pageant, after all. Then they marry some wealthy older guy and have a couple of kids. That's what Patsy did.

What they don't do is hang out with folks who live in trailer parks and bleach their daughter's hair blond. And they are generally not involved in the Kiddie Pageant scene.

Why did Patsy enter JonBenet into pageants and is there a connection?

There could be.

It could be that PR and JR wanted a venue to showcase their daughter's pulchritude and charm. While wearing adult and sexualized clothes.
Pageants were perfect for this.
So were the resulting photographs.

They were a way to advertise "that child" to others with desires so depraved that it's difficult to even think about them.

They let someone play with JonBenet on Christmas night and it went too far.

What is the name of a book that espouses a theory like this one? I need to reed that. Thanks.

I agree with most of what you said, especially the bolded. I also think, it wasn't the first time something of that nature happened. IMO, if you were do something like that, you wouldn't do it the first time on Christmas.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:06 PM

26,662 posts, read 28,762,957 times
Why on Christmas night though, when they had to get up early the next morning to leave for their other house. Any other night, maybe, but Christmas?

And do we positively know that upper middle class women from the south don't also let their daughters participate in pageants. I find the pageants repulsive but it seems that it's a popular southern thing. Is it only the trailer trash types who participate? No one else. Just asking.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:54 PM

243 posts, read 510,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
While I don't agree there's nothing new, I do think too much was revealed to the public.

I always found it to be a Freudian slip with Patsy declared "THERE'S AT LEAST TWO PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHO THE MURDERER IS!" I guess she realized how stupid, or telling, that was and backtracked to it being the killer and someone they had to have blabbed to.
A lot of people thought 'wtf' when Pats said that! I know I did.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:56 PM

24,153 posts, read 32,574,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Why on Christmas night though, when they had to get up early the next morning to leave for their other house. Any other night, maybe, but Christmas?

And do we positively know that upper middle class women from the south don't also let their daughters participate in pageants. I find the pageants repulsive but it seems that it's a popular southern thing. Is it only the trailer trash types who participate? No one else. Just asking.

Why Christmas night? They never intended to have her killed. I believe, from all that I've read that this was something that they did frequently with JonBenet. She never died before, It was an accident.

Back in the late 90s I wrote a thesis about the topic of Child Beauty Pageants from a sociological prospective. Even in the south, where they are most popular; their popularity remains with lower middle and working class individuals.

As part of my research I attended a couple of them. This information is observational on my part, but I saw no one who dressed in anyway like Patsy Ramsey. No Talbot's blouses or Ann Taylor Jackets. No dads in cashmere V necks or shirts emblazoned with the name of an up scale country club.
Think Walmart stretch pants for the women, and Dale Earnhardt T shirts with the sleeves cut off. No one looked remotely like the Ramseys. But, probably nicer people than the Ramsey's were.

It is an odd hobby for a social climber like PR. As I wrote earlier, classical ballet, piano, violin. The South has manners classes for children. I think that might appeal to Patsy.
There are cotillions for teenagers in Southern aristocracy (as there is in the Northeast)
But future debutantes don't wear show girl costumes and mummy doesn't bleach their hair.

I'm sure that they were involved in some bizarre sex cult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.