Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 02:22 PM

243 posts, read 511,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I think they were for UTI's? Is that correct? I know too many are a red flag, can be indicative of sexual abuse, but I'm not sure how many/year constitutes abnormal.

that was over a 3 yr period Im pretty sure NannyG. ( but still, to me thats a lot) and their family doctor denied there being any prior abuse, although I dont think he ever gave her an internal examination.

She went in for a numbers of reasons, according to Beuf.

The prior abuse comes down to which expert you want to believe I guess.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:24 PM

26,959 posts, read 27,236,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I think they were for UTI's? Is that correct?
You're right. That's also discussed a lot further back in this thread.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:25 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,142,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigTurner View Post
Which is what people do when they are trying not to break down into tears.

Think about what you are saying.

I can agree with you on this point, it could be the reason.

I know when I speak of a pet I have recently lost, I tend to be rather blunt, if I get too personal, I will lose it and break down in tears.....I am hanging on by a thread.

Last edited by Annie53; 02-06-2014 at 02:37 PM..

Old 02-06-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
...how they made a cartoonish/ too grown up for her years performer out of her. Parents who do that to their little girls should have their heads examined.
It sounds as if John Ramsey regretted it. I think he and Patsy were just unaware.
"I think about these things now and it makes me cringe. We were so naïve. I now believe with all my heart that it's not a good idea to put your child on public display." Yahoo!

Old 02-06-2014, 02:33 PM

973 posts, read 1,459,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
It sounds as if John Ramsey regretted it. I think he and Patsy were just unaware.
"I think about these things now and it makes me cringe. We were so naïve. I now believe with all my heart that it's not a good idea to put your child on public display." Yahoo!
Patsy was in pagaents herself...

Old 02-06-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
Patsy was in pagaents herself...
...except that she would have been about 21 when she became Miss West Virginia in 1977. Probably a much different time.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
...except that she would have been about 21 when she became Miss West Virginia in 1977. Probably a much different time.
People have always been corrupt. I'm sure in 70s judges took bribes. I just can't believe Patsy was green to the concept that some winners weren't the true winners. A slightly less bad example, a contest might be the friend or the relative of a judge. I just don't understand how Patsy could be a part of that world and not have any idea of these type of things.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:03 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,911,731 times
I suppose one reason many people don't believe JBR was murdered by an intruder is because they consider it impossible for someone to have broken into the house, murdered JBR, and escaped undetected. But was it? Has anyone concocted a scenario where such an event was plausible?

Old 02-06-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I suppose one reason many people don't believe JBR was murdered by an intruder is because they consider it impossible for someone to have broken into the house, murdered JBR, and escaped undetected. But was it? Has anyone concocted a scenario where such an event was plausible?
It's possible. However, it makes more sense, and ties up all the loose ends, if it was someone the Ramsey's knew.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:39 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,981,339 times
When it comes down to it, none of us on here really KNOW what happened, but we have formed opinions anyway, based on what we have seen on TV and heard. Our own life experiences help us form those opinions, and we judge the Ramseys using that experience.

To me, something just smells to high Heaven in this case. The "Ransom note" in itself is very odd. Written on paper from the house, extremely lengthy, and it goes into exact detail on the bonus JR was getting. How many people would know that figure ?

Then there is the fact they Lawyered up immediately. If my little girl were murdered I would be standing at the police station every day, demanding they find the killer, and if it entailed asking me questions or having suspicions, I would GLADLY volunteer any and all information I could. JR and PR hid behind some hard hitting Attorneys instead.

One thing that can not be denied is that the Ramseys, because of their wealth and position in that little community, were afforded considerations most lesser people would not have been given. They were treated with kid gloves and special treatment all the way through the event. Patsy did not come off as being very bright in the interviews I saw of her. She almost seems like one of those battered women who are afraid to say anything and will defend the guy who is beating them. To me, she just seems a little dumb.

Based on all of that, in my mind I have an unsettling feeling about their involvement in the death of that poor little girl. Could it be that Jon Benet' was starting to get to the age where she was able to verbalize what might be happening to her in that house ? That is one possibility as I see it.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.