Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 11:09 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,077,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
My theory might be wrong, but I think Patsy went way too far with the pageants. I mean, she dressed a little girl like a show girl. Yes, children can bond with a parent via their interests, but there's a point when it's weird. You don't sexualize children. I think all children's pageants are disgusting and teach really bad messages. The former dance coach basically said Patsy was living through Jonbenet. I still stand by my opinion that John and Patsy had strange relationships with their children. Patsy wasn't even dead that long before John began dating. When I look at the pieces of the puzzle and compare them to other parents, I wonder if their children really mean that much to them. Could they be bought? People abuse their children all the time or let others do it. I really think if they were poor and everything was the same, we have found out who the killer was and it wasn't a stranger. I could be wrong, but we really do have to ask ourselves did the Rasmey's wealth help keep this case unsolved.
Honestly, I can't think of an example of wealthy parents pimping out their children to pedophiles.

The only cases I ever hear of involve poor people, and it usually involves drugs and desperation.

What would have motivated the Ramsey's to do something like that?

And, as far as the dance teacher proclaiming that Patsy was living through JonBenet.....that doesn't really mean anything.....she is a dance teacher.....not a psychiatrist qualified to reach such a conclusion. For all we know, the dance teacher may have simply not liked Patsy and jumped at the opportunity to say something nasty about her.

We can't treat that dance teacher's opinion as evidence of anything.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:21 PM

973 posts, read 1,455,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
What do you mean by that?
Guess not uneducated. She just seemed very immature and said things that sound strange to me and John lead all of the interviews.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Honestly, I can't think of an example of wealthy parents pimping out their children to pedophiles.

The only cases I ever hear of involve poor people, and it usually involves drugs and desperation.

What would have motivated the Ramsey's to do something like that?

And, as far as the dance teacher proclaiming that Patsy was living through JonBenet.....that doesn't really mean anything.....she is a dance teacher.....not a psychiatrist qualified to reach such a conclusion. For all we know, the dance teacher may have simply not liked Patsy and jumped at the opportunity to say something nasty about her.

We can't treat that dance teacher's opinion as evidence of anything.

I don't know if this counts as "wealthy" parents, but I know a lot of children in hollywood were molested and their parents did nothing. I know Corey Haim was molested. When he and Coreey Feldman were asked, they said they were afraid to name names as this person is apart of a ring of pedophiles and he is very wealthy and big in Hollywood. I'm not saying this has anything to do with Jonbenet. There are some very sick people with money and other types of power. I've linked to an article about it. A funny thing about this and my theory, is Haim (as claimed by Feldman) thought it just what is supposed to be done. There is grooming be done. If if my Jonbenet theory is wrong, it is a very sad thing and real in some places.

Corey Feldman's new book details sexual abuse he and Corey Haim experienced in Hollywood - NY Daily News

Old 02-07-2014, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
I don't know if this counts as "wealthy" parents, but I know a lot of children in hollywood were molested and their parents did nothing. I know Corey Haim was molested. When he and Coreey Feldman were asked, they said they were afraid to name names as this person is apart of a ring of pedophiles and he is very wealthy and big in Hollywood. I'm not saying this has anything to do with Jonbenet. There are some very sick people with money and other types of power. I've linked to an article about it. A funny thing about this and my theory, is Haim (as claimed by Feldman) thought it just what is supposed to be done. There is grooming be done. If if my Jonbenet theory is wrong, it is a very sad thing and real in some places.

Corey Feldman's new book details sexual abuse he and Corey Haim experienced in Hollywood - NY Daily News
Horrible.

However, this is not close to being the same as a parent deliberately handing over their child to a pedophile.

These Hollywood parents, at most, deliberately ignored what was happening to their sons for the sake of money and fame......they didn't sit down and make a deal with a pedophile to turn their sons over for sex.

The Ramsey's were well off and didn't need money. Why risk everything they had worked for in life, money and status, to hand JonBenet over to a pedophile?

I just don't see any motive.

And....John has no history of ever being inappropriate with a child. Pedophiles just don't come to be in their 50's. Pedophiles usually start abusing in their teens.....and after all of the publicity.....I would think if John was an abuser, someone he abused in the past would have come forward.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Horrible.

However, this is not close to being the same as a parent deliberately handing over their child to a pedophile.

These Hollywood parents, at most, deliberately ignored what was happening to their sons for the sake of money and fame......they didn't sit down and make a deal with a pedophile to turn their sons over for sex.

The Ramsey's were well off and didn't need money. Why risk everything they had worked for in life, money and status, to hand JonBenet over to a pedophile?

I just don't see any motive.

And....John has no history of ever being inappropriate with a child. Pedophiles just don't come to be in their 50's. Pedophiles usually start abusing in their teens.....and after all of the publicity.....I would think if John was an abuser, someone he abused in the past would have come forward.
I never said John was a pedophile. If they were selling her to rich pedophiles, he would know them. How would Patsy know rich people? Unless the pedophile was someone in the pageant world... John was the one always in touch with rich people.

Some people can never have enough money. Also, maybe there some sort of political or other enticement. I know my theory might seem like a bit much, even I would believe another reason if tied everything up. Pimping or not, there's no way the killer was a stranger to John and Patsy.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:52 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,885,743 times
There are some unbelievably sick people in this world, most of us can't even begin to imagine the depth of their depravity. We just had a situation here locally where a Mom was arrested for videoing her Husband having sex with their 4 year old and posting it on those pedophile websites !

My point is, never assume you know what is going on behind anyone's closed doors just because you think they would have no reason to do horrible things.

Don

Old 02-07-2014, 08:21 AM

26,796 posts, read 26,922,048 times
Quote:
as far as the dance teacher proclaiming that Patsy was living through JonBenet.....that doesn't really mean anything.....she is a dance teacher.....not a psychiatrist qualified to reach such a conclusion. For all we know, the dance teacher may have simply not liked Patsy and jumped at the opportunity to say something nasty about her.
Absolutely agree on that. It's no evidence of anything.

Quote:
John has no history of ever being inappropriate with a child....I would think if John was an abuser, someone he abused in the past would have come forward.
And Patsy had no history of this, either. There are plenty of parents out there who do abuse their children, but it doesn't appear that either of the Ramseys were one of them.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Absolutely agree on that. It's no evidence of anything.
Not of the murder, but I do think it's say something about Patsy character/mothering style. If this is a dance coach that is used by pageant kids, she's seen more than one mother. Her saying things isn't just like someone off the street saying something. She has other families to compare her experience with.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
There are some unbelievably sick people in this world, most of us can't even begin to imagine the depth of their depravity. We just had a situation here locally where a Mom was arrested for videoing her Husband having sex with their 4 year old and posting it on those pedophile websites !

My point is, never assume you know what is going on behind anyone's closed doors just because you think they would have no reason to do horrible things.

Don
Usually in cases like that there is some kind of evidence.

There is no evidence that the Ramseys ever did any such thing, even after years of authorities sifting through every aspect of their lives.

No money trail, not one picture, not one witness, not one person in their circle who could even hint at child abuse, including JonBenet's doctor.

Putting your daughter in beauty pageants is hardly evidence of child abuse or involvement in a sex ring.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:32 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,412,483 times
The sad thing, again, if the Boulder PD had been competent, maybe there would have been more evidence of the crime, and offenders.

I do think because of their inexperienced staff, they messed up the entire crime scene from the beginning.

And as a cover up, just kept throwing stuff out to see what would stick.

I don't blame the Ramsey's for obtaining an attorney, or even for being "uncooperative" with the police, if they were...that does not make me think they are guilty.

My issue was the lack of response to potential suspects. They did not even blink when Carr was detained. As if they already knew he was not involved.

That merits review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime