Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 09:18 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
You sound incredibly uptight. You think you are too good to even show human emotion in public. Just wow.
I've read many of goldengrains posts. I'm not sure what about this post would give you that impression.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:04 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
You sound incredibly uptight. You think you are too good to even show human emotion in public. Just wow.
You don't get what she is saying.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:42 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
And I think you are being incredibly judgmental--and unfair. People handle grief in different ways. To each his own.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:49 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Sure, the first thing to do is suspect the parents, and people who made regular appearances at their house. Didn't realize it happened on Christmas Day. Sad. I hope we find out what happened some day.

As for the Ramseys, I believe they moved to the Atlanta area. What are the parents doing now? What a cloud to have hanging over their heads.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:34 PM

44,631 posts, read 61,620,191 times
An investigator for the Ramsey case was interviewed on Good Morning America today and said that all of the Ramsey family members have been unequivocally cleared of any wrong doing in this case. He also went on to mention that it was so sad that Patsy died before they could tell her that.
He did mention too that there was some unidentifiable DNA they have from in the cellar and a shoe print outside the broken window that they have not been able to identify who it belongs too.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:26 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,258,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
An investigator for the Ramsey case was interviewed on Good Morning America today and said that all of the Ramsey family members have been unequivocally cleared of any wrong doing in this case. He also went on to mention that it was so sad that Patsy died before they could tell her that.
He did mention too that there was some unidentifiable DNA they have from in the cellar and a shoe print outside the broken window that they have not been able to identify who it belongs too.
I don't understand how the parents can be cleared. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the parents did it and hope to God they didn't, but all signs point to something happening in the house from someone who knew the house. There were no signs of breaking and entering, no signs of anyone leaving, and a lot of signs point to people who knew the house well enough to know the art tool placement, where the wine cellar was. Not to mention, Patsy's handwriting was never cleared as a possible suspect of writing the ransom note.

How can anyone clear the Ramsey's when the law enforcement can barely come up with a conclusion as to what happened besides the fact that JonBenet was murdered? Again, I'm not saying they did it, but certainly can't be 100% clear simply for the fact nobody can barely tell what the hell exactly happened in any sense.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:16 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Originally Posted by goldengrain
That's one reason why I think they didn't do it. Patsy just seemed as though her emotions were numb, probably either by the lasting shock that this sort of thing would cause or by drugs taken to calm her.

John acted as I visualize I would have. He seemed not to be very emotional. A narcissist would, I think, play a very convincing act of genuine remorse. I don't sob and carry on at the deaths of family members. Sometimes I have a 'session' a long time after it's over. I think showing that sort of emotion in public is unseemly. That attitude is a part of some cultures. Not everyone reacts in a similar fashion. A sociopath would take the majority reaction as his own, most likely.

I truly believe John and Patsy.

If something like this happened to me I would get some prescriptioned meds and a lawyer to protect me, knowing how often innocent people are convicted in this, the 'best justice system in the world'. I would also be aware of latent class hatred, so a lawyer would be essential.

No. YOU do not understand that people react in all different ways. Some people would fall apart but many, if not most, have been raised to not put on a show of emotion in public. Sure, a little bit of a dab at the eyes during a funeral but to sob and scream in public, no. You do that in private. At any funeral I've ever attended, the people stand or sit stoically with some sniffling or soft crying. Then there will be hugs and at some later date the person may fall apart sobbing, shaking, and doing some heavy duty crying and grieving. To not put on a show is NORMAL and for some people, putting on a show is NORMAL. Everyone is different. The preceding post showed a lot of insight and rang true with me. But as you say, "Just wow."

Old 03-19-2012, 12:41 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
I don't normally show emotion, I hold it in and do fall apart with friends and in private. When my mother passed away and then five years later my dad died. I got by myself and literally fell apart to the point of screaming, kicking, shouting, tears pouring to get some of the pent up grief out of me as I was about to blow from holding it in. You really go through grief different ways ... shock ... in a fog ... pain ... hurt and even down the road experience anger at them for dying on you. We buried my dad on December 22 over 25 years ago and I came home from the funeral and into the kitchen and cooked ... cookies ... all night. I had cookies running out my kitchen and hubby delivered them to all our neighbors.

This is not the case with JonBenét.

I do not think we will ever know what happened to JonBenét ... all we do know is this beautiful little girl is dead and she was murdered and who ever did it knows they did it and is certainly not telling.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:25 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
If she was such a happy go lucky little kid, why did she wet her bed at age 6? That's been one thing that bothers me...Stress, abuse, etc,...would cause bedwetting.

My son wet the bed forever, it seemed. We tried everything, a beeping mattress pad, took him to the dr.s and talked and asked if anything was bothering him. He'd never say why, and grew out of it. He is now 35 and as stable as can be. Happily married, a wonderful dad to his 2 girls. I asked him years ago if he knew why he wet the bed...his answer: I hated getting up to go. He said he slept really deep, and sometimes he just "went", but often woke up and said if he'd gotten up to go, he'd have a hard time getting back to sleep.

Now he's being paid back and his 8 yr old is just now growing out of it. This girl is the most secure happy little critter I've ever known. I'd guess she does it for the same reason her dad did. Lazy, extremely deep sleeper, and did I say lazy? So bed wetting is not just from emotional problems. The one and only time I did it as a child, I was DREAMING I was going to the potty.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:31 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
That's one reason why I think they didn't do it. Patsy just seemed as though her emotions were numb, probably either by the lasting shock that this sort of thing would cause or by drugs taken to calm her.

John acted as I visualize I would have. He seemed not to be very emotional. A narcissist would, I think, play a very convincing act of genuine remorse. I don't sob and carry on at the deaths of family members. Sometimes I have a 'session' a long time after it's over. I think showing that sort of emotion in public is unseemly. That attitude is a part of some cultures. Not everyone reacts in a similar fashion. A sociopath would take the majority reaction as his own, most likely.

I truly believe John and Patsy.

If something like this happened to me I would get some prescriptioned meds and a lawyer to protect me, knowing how often innocent people are convicted in this, the 'best justice system in the world'. I would also be aware of latent class hatred, so a lawyer would be essential.

I agree with you, everyone is different. I'm a big cry baby, and in the Ramsey's situation, people would think I was guilty cause I carried on too much. I dont like that they were blamed for not wanting to show their emotions in public. Some people just wont or cant, doesnt make them guilty. Look at Susan Smith, she cried, and what did that prove?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.