Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 03:58 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,078,692 times

Advertisements

I am not sure that pedophiles would be attracted to child beauty pageants.....after all.....pedophiles are attracted to children because they ARE children. Would they be attracted to a child who looks like an adult?

It would be interesting if someone interviewed some pedophiles to get their view on this.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:49 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,996,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am not sure that pedophiles would be attracted to child beauty pageants.....after all.....pedophiles are attracted to children because they ARE children. Would they be attracted to a child who looks like an adult?

It would be interesting if someone interviewed some pedophiles to get their view on this.
Maybe there are different tastes, but sure, how many molesters say 'she asked for it'? A cute little thing, sa-sheying around provocatively, all dolled up? You bet your boots.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:43 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,281,953 times
Quote:

I'm fairly sure most pedophiles aren't that fussy...plus the children in these pageants don't look like adults, they look like babies dressed as adults, which is exactly what they are. Babies.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I'm fairly sure most pedophiles aren't that fussy...plus the children in these pageants don't look like adults, they look like babies dressed as adults, which is exactly what they are. Babies.
Yes, babies parading around and wiggling hips and trying to act as adults with seductive dance moves. Are you kidding? Men prefer attractive women who behave seductively. If you were attracted to children you would not prefer the attractive ones who behave seductively?

I beg your pardon, but I think you're dead wrong on this.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yes, babies parading around and wiggling hips and trying to act as adults with seductive dance moves. Are you kidding? Men prefer attractive women who behave seductively. If you were attracted to children you would not prefer the attractive ones who behave seductively?

I beg your pardon, but I think you're dead wrong on this.

Not personally knowing any pedos (that I know about!) I still don't think you can compare one to a normal, heterosexual man.

Some pedo's prefer babies in nappies...nothing seductive about that.

I am as disturbed as you at these babies being trained to appear seductive however...I think pedophilia is on the rise due to the internet...people can access things they never would have before. Some pedophiles are still teenagers themselves. Couple this with the increased sexualisation of children and it's no wonder there's a problem.

Scary stuff.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Uh-oh. Here we go, again.

So you have a plausible theory regarding the ransom note?

Do tell...

Old 05-02-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
So you have a plausible theory regarding the ransom note?

Do tell...
The 'uh-oh' was my 'psychic' powers kicking in, anticipating another long, drawn-out that no one wins. It was an unintentional gasp at the can being opened and the worms squiggling about.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
The 'uh-oh' was my 'psychic' powers kicking in, anticipating another long, drawn-out that no one wins. It was an unintentional gasp at the can being opened and the worms squiggling about.

Uh...it's a thread about an UNSOLVED murder.

The can of worms is already open. If you don't have anything to add, or don't want particular aspects discussed, don't comment...yet here you are, commenting....

Old 05-05-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:

Someone probably already has.

I think there are a few different types of pedo's. Some are very picky and particular, others will be more your "any port in a storm" variety.

Much like the rest of the population.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:09 AM

26,798 posts, read 26,927,806 times
Quote:
Uh...it's a thread about an UNSOLVED murder. The can of worms is already open. If you don't have anything to add, or don't want particular aspects discussed, don't comment...yet here you are, commenting....
I think the point was that this particular issue--the ransom note--has been discussed for pages and pages on this thread. Many posters come to threads without ever reading anything but the original post, then post something that's already been discussed to the nth degree (and not just on this thread).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.