Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2012, 11:47 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,379,147 times

Advertisements

I agree that if the note was not written by someone living in the house (Patsy) then it would have to have been by someone who had been in the house on a previous occasion and who was trying to frame the Ramseys.

I wonder how much investigation was done into looking at friends of the oldest son (John Andrew) who may have been in the house on previous occasions. Younger people with no criminal record may have gone under the radar and possibly John Andrew mentioned to friends the amount of his Dad's bonus. Does anyone know if friends of the oldest son were investigated? Did any of them give DNA samples? Did they ask John Andrew if he knew about the amount of the bonus and if he told anyone about it?

Old 06-03-2012, 12:48 PM

26,759 posts, read 26,863,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
while I have read about why it could not have been Burke...I don't buy the reasons. Psychologists state he would have acted out or had other issues. I don't think so.. Psychologists have issues with psychopathic children, they can't wrap their head around the fact that a child could kill and go on with life like nothing happened.
A nine year old garrots his sister? It just doesn't fit in this case. Also, there's no evidence that he had or currently has any psychopathic tendencies. And again, how do we explain that DNA evidence cleared family members? I just don't think that this case was so botched that this latter fact does not hold.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:37 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,578,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
I agree that if the note was not written by someone living in the house (Patsy) then it would have to have been by someone who had been in the house on a previous occasion and who was trying to frame the Ramseys.

I wonder how much investigation was done into looking at friends of the oldest son (John Andrew) who may have been in the house on previous occasions. Younger people with no criminal record may have gone under the radar and possibly John Andrew mentioned to friends the amount of his Dad's bonus. Does anyone know if friends of the oldest son were investigated? Did any of them give DNA samples? Did they ask John Andrew if he knew about the amount of the bonus and if he told anyone about it?

Depends on what you read, there were reports John Andrew were in Boulder, seen in the front of the Ramsey house the morning of the discovery.

Official reports state, he was still in Atlanta, he went to the movies with a friend in the evening.

Investigators had a list of 100 or more suspects, included some of John Andrews friends in Boulder. The case was gone over again in 2010. If you followed, investigators wanted to question John Andrew again 2010-11, he declined.

DNA under JonBenets finger nails had no match in police database nor anyone in the family, registries in the database are checked regularly. Of course, the DNA obtained after her death, may not be from the nite of the crime.

Theres a lot of links contained in the thread, these I consider significant, reliable sources.

Cyril Wecht, the famous forensic pathologist, profiled — JonBenet: From Impressions to Book — Crime Library on truTV.com

Questions for JonBenet's brother -- again? - CNN

JonBenet Ramsey Murder Case: The Denver Post

JonBenet Ramsey Case Encyclopedia / The Basement

Old 06-03-2012, 02:53 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,390,383 times
Interesting how even those links conflict with each other and offer differing conclusions, with the same evidence.

1. Keystone cops. Complete cluster f on the initial investigation. The scene should have been secured immediately, and home searched on arrival. Any kid who watches tv knows that much!
2. FBI should have been called immediately. Because of ransom note.
3. The signs of previous sexual molestation is disturbing and there is still controversy on that particular finding.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Interesting how even those links conflict with each other and offer differing conclusions, with the same evidence.

1. Keystone cops. Complete cluster f on the initial investigation. The scene should have been secured immediately, and home searched on arrival. Any kid who watches tv knows that much!
2. FBI should have been called immediately. Because of ransom note.
3. The signs of previous sexual molestation is disturbing and there is still controversy on that particular finding.
Pretty much.

I believe sexual abuse was the one area of agreement by anyone who examined the child or conclusions reached by professionals based on the autopsy reports.

Last edited by virgode; 06-03-2012 at 03:34 PM..

Old 06-03-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Sorry; after reading Patsy's history, I don't believe there's any possible way that she murdered her daughter. I highly doubt that she could have done this (see photos, some referred to in the OP) to her daughter. Some mothers, possibly, but not Patsy Ramsey. JonBenét Ramsey Autopsy Photos
The Stun Gun Myth

Experts dispute stun gun theory

Old 06-03-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Depends on what you read, there were reports John Andrew were in Boulder, seen in the front of the Ramsey house the morning of the discovery. Official reports state, he was still in Atlanta, he went to the movies with a friend...
"Depends on what you read" is right! See posts #43 and #430 on this thread; apparently the person seen just looked similar to John Andrew. I agree that this case was horribly mishandled. And from what I read, she was not ever sexually molested. Another newspaper story that was written to sell a story, apparently.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:39 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,277,690 times
Quote:
Sorry; after reading Patsy's history, I don't believe there's any possible way that she murdered her daughter. I highly doubt that she could have done this (see photos, some referred to in the OP) to her daughter. Some mothers, possibly, but not Patsy Ramsey. JonBenét Ramsey Autopsy Photos

You don't want to believe that a wealthy, white, attractive and well spoken woman with a "dream" life is capable of murdering her baby.

I understand your resistance.

However, if you just suspend your disbelief and look at the actual evidence, you will see there is no room for doubt. PR was in up to her lily white neck.

Personally I do not have an opinion on who actually strangled JBR. I believe both parents are involved at some level but simply do not have a clue as to who actually tightened the garrote...although it does seem to be to be a feminine way of strangling. A man would merely use his hands. There could even be an unknown accomplice/s but we will never know because it is perhaps the biggest shambles of a crime investigation in the entire 20th century. It should be used as the blueprint for how NOT to handle a child murder. One of the reasons the investigation was so botched was because LE THEMSELVES could not believe that this pretty white lady was capable of such a heinous crime.

We now know, with hindsight, that they are. More and more examples are cropping up, and LE need to start being aware of this and tighten their investigation processes for ANY missing infant.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
"Depends on what you read" is right! See posts #43 and #430 on this thread; apparently the person seen just looked similar to John Andrew. I agree that this case was horribly mishandled. And from what I read, she was not ever sexually molested. Another newspaper story that was written to sell a story, apparently.
I've even argued the John Andrew theory myself in this thread. Official report, he wasn't there.

Experts on the case agreed she was molested.

What they can't say, if she had been molested the nite she died.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
You don't want to believe that a wealthy, white, attractive and well spoken woman with a "dream" life is capable of murdering her baby.

I understand your resistance.

One of the reasons the investigation was so botched was because LE THEMSELVES could not believe that this pretty white lady was capable of such a heinous crime.
I believe the "pretty white lady" issue has been discussed ad nauseum on this thread; go back and read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime