Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 04:41 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,589,192 times

Advertisements

This may be a repeat....John Ramsey wrote a memoir "The Other Side of Suffering".

http://www.amazon.com/The-Other-Side.../dp/B004QX07F0

John Ramsey Tells of Finding God Through Extreme Suffering

Old 04-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 3 days ago)

8,820 posts, read 21,301,226 times
always believed it was an accidental death by Patsy and her husband helped her cover it up. The ransom note of $118,000 that was requested was an odd amount plus it had been the father's Christmas bonus that year. Also when they did a handwritten study of Patsy's handwriting of the ransom note they could not rule her out.

I still believe that it was the nine year old brother. He must have been so jealous of his beautiful accomplished younger sister. What were they to do? Once they had lost one child, the loss of another to the system would have been too much to handle .

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-17-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
always believed it was an accidental death by Patsy and her husband helped her cover it up. The ransom note of $118,000 that was requested was an odd amount plus it had been the father's Christmas bonus that year. Also when they did a handwritten study of Patsy's handwriting of the ransom note they could not rule her out.

I still believe that it was the nine year old brother. He must have been so jealous of his beautiful accomplished younger sister. What were they to do? Once they had lost one child, the loss of another to the system would have been too much to handle .
Detectives wanted to interview him again last year, he refused.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:28 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,678,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
This may be a repeat....John Ramsey wrote a memoir "The Other Side of Suffering".

http://www.amazon.com/The-Other-Side.../dp/B004QX07F0

John Ramsey Tells of Finding God Through Extreme Suffering
Why not put your energy into finding out who murdered your child instead of putting your self center stage writing a book (narcissism). My own take anyways. If I had a child brutally murdered that way, I wouldn't give up till my last breath using my resources to find out who the killer/killers were.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:29 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,991,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Detectives wanted to interview him again last year, he refused.
Why should he? Have they caught the person who did it? No. They may just be fishing for evidence to blame him, which would not be to his advantage whether he were innocent or guilty.

The police don't seem to have done a great job initially.

Did anyone watch Frontline on Forensics and how many people were imprisoned wrongly by Forensics? DNA got them out. In cases where there was not DNA many innocent people are probably still stuck behind bars.

I am hoping that there is a God to see that there is justice done for those who have innocently suffered for the crimes of others. Making one person pay for another's crime is often as bad as the crime itself.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:34 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,991,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
Why not put your energy into finding out who murdered your child instead of putting your self center stage writing a book (narcissism). My own take anyways. If I had a child brutally murdered that way, I wouldn't give up till my last breath using my resources and reputation to find out who the killer/killers were.
Maybe it is mere exhaustion. Maybe the book is his final word on the subject. So much time has passed. Only in the next life (if there is one), maybe, will we know what happened.

I don't know what is in the book, but maybe it is all he knows of the crime and he wrote it for posterity, just in the case in the future, after he's gone, something new comes up and someone new is interested in solving this.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:42 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,280,139 times
I don't care what Mary Lacey says about finding DNA, other suspects, blah blah, LE have lost all credibility in this case and muddied the waters so thoroughly that the truth will never come out unless Burke starts talking.

I certainly do not think Burke killed his sister! But I do think he could provide valuable insight into the events leading up to the crime.

In my opinion, PR was involved up to her lily white neck.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Why should he? Have they caught the person who did it? No. They may just be fishing for evidence to blame him, which would not be to his advantage whether he were innocent or guilty.

The police don't seem to have done a great job initially.

Did anyone watch Frontline on Forensics and how many people were imprisoned wrongly by Forensics? DNA got them out. In cases where there was not DNA many innocent people are probably still stuck behind bars.

I am hoping that there is a God to see that there is justice done for those who have innocently suffered for the crimes of others. Making one person pay for another's crime is often as bad as the crime itself.
I can't say I disagree. Every peice of evidence and 100 suspects were gone over again in 2009 or 2010.

You can't cook an egg twice. This case will never be resolved.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:35 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,335,439 times
it's a shame but I too doubt it'll ever be solved...and yes, why write a book like that when you should be looking for who killed your daughter..unless you know who did it!

Old 04-18-2012, 04:37 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,072,717 times
In defense of John Ramsey, I believe his book is about moving on after the horrible things that can happen to you in life. Remember, he lost TWO daughters and his wife.

I do not expect John Ramsey or any other parent in his position to spend the rest of their lives trying to find out who killed their child when authorities with all kinds of resources can't do it. Is he supposed to destroy the rest of his family and himself trying to do the impossible?

Sometimes murders are never solved.....do you really want to put down their families because they don't spend the rest of their lives and all of their resources searching for a killer that may never be found?

Do you really want to put all of the people who are living with the horror of having murdered or missing children in that position? Haven't they suffered enough? You want to put a guilt trip on them too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.