Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2014, 03:27 PM

125 posts, read 125,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

This was definitely not a random crime of opportunity.
Most definitely not. The burglars would have been eagerly anticipating the caper from the day they had heard of the Ramseys' plans to vacation in Michigan over the holidays. There was nothing random about the burglary.

Quote:
Someone knew the home, the people, the fact there was no dog. And there was significant activity around the home that week, empty homes look empty. This one had cars, visitors, lights on…
…and local burglars with some inside information (however faulty) that the residents were leaving for vacation at Christmas time.

The person who wrote the ransom note was obviously so recently familiar with the family that she was able to catch wind of the approximate amount of John's bonus, as she was so well acquainted with the family to know of their Southern background but not so well acquainted to understand that only Patsy was really a Southerner. Indeed, the line from the ransom note: "Don't underestimate us John. Use that good southern common sense of yours" should be enough to convince all but the most hopeless of fools that neither John nor Patsy wrote the note.

Quote:
not buying that this was an intruder interrupted by a child.
Sorry, Jasper, but once you rule out John and Patsy as the author of the note, you have no logical choice but to buy into the deduction that the crime was committed by an intruder. There is no way around this.

Quote:
The telling issue for me, Jon Benet's body was found, covered. Sociopaths, psychopaths don't cover bodies with a soft blanket. They want shock value, and enjoy leaving their work on display. The blanket indicates guilt.
Sociopaths are perfectly capable of compassion, even genuine remorse on occasion. They are not necessarily interested in "shock value" nor are they usually interested in murdering an innocent child, especially one with whom they are familiar and may even have some degree of affection. Understand that sociopaths are immoral, not amoral. You can bet your britches that the person who wrote the ransom note was pleading with her accomplice(s) to kidnap JonBenet instead of kill her. It was probably her scream which a neighbor heard in the middle of night, when she discovered what her accomplice(s) had done with JonBenet while she was upstairs in the kitchen writing as persuasively and extensively as she could. It was she who cleaned and dressed the body, and then covered it with a blanket which she knew where to find being familiar with the family and the house as she was.

Psychopaths, on the other hand, are as incapable of compassion as they are of remorse. Only a psychopath could have been capable of murdering an innocent child so brutally and methodically, and with such a degree of overkill as to leave no doubt of his intention to make certain she was dead.

Last edited by SigTurner; 02-05-2014 at 03:59 PM..

Old 02-05-2014, 03:27 PM

973 posts, read 1,453,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
To me, he sounded weary, dejected and depressed. I can't even imagine how someone would act whose young child had been murdered.
There's a coldness to him imo. I just find it telling little things about his children, like food preferences, he didn't know about.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:44 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,038,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
There's a coldness to him imo. I just find it telling little things about his children, like food preferences, he didn't know about.
My father couldn't have answered that question either, he just wasn't that involved with us, and when he was, it involved outdoor activities.....like teaching us how to play baseball, taking us sledding, getting us a go-cart and making a go-cart track, putting up a basket ball hoop. etc.

Didn't mean he didn't love us and I don't think it means John didn't love his kids either.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:56 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
I rule out John as the writer of the note. But it is inconclusive on ruling out Patsy Ramsey.

Odd case. Doubtful it will ever be solved. And again, the responsibility for gross, negligent errors, directly lays on Boulder PD. The first order in any missing child case, search the home, look for clues how the intruders broke in. Gross errors here.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I rule out John as the writer of the note. But it is inconclusive on ruling out Patsy Ramsey.

Odd case. Doubtful it will ever be solved. And again, the responsibility for gross, negligent errors, directly lays on Boulder PD. The first order in any missing child case, search the home, look for clues how the intruders broke in. Gross errors here.

I think Patsy wrote the note. It matches her writing. I don't think John wrote the note. I really believe John and Patsy know who murdered her and are covering it up. Too many questions remained unanswered with a total stranger in the role of the killer. Even if it was Karr, look how many holes a total stranger leaves.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:23 PM

243 posts, read 509,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
From what little I have read, yes, those pedophile rings are run by some very wealthy people. And people who are heads of corporations can lend out their kids to deviant individuals who will make deals with them. I don't know of anything like this first hand but just because they had money doesn't mean they were above doing things like this.

The pineapple. I think I said before, someone who knew Jon Benet's favorite food, pineapple. Patsy? Or some other person who knew her well. I keep coming back to either Patsy (which I never used to think before) or someone who was a member or the family or so close to them that it was like being a member of the family. Someone knew the house, the favorite food, felt comfortable hanging around the house writing a note, knew how to get into the house, knew when they'd be gone.

At this moment in time (and it keeps changing) but Patsy was wearing the same red Christmas outfit that she wore to a party the night before? Most people would have changed into something else at home. Even if she had taken it off and put the outfit away, she probably wouldn't have dug it out again the next day. She would have been in a bathrobe or casual clothing. It sounds like she was up all night.
I find the pineapple perplexing. Pats denied even buying pineapple. said she couldnt recall buying it. yet, there it was in a bowl, and in JBs intestine.

I think Pats kept the outfit on so when they found JBs body, she could throw herself on top of her, in front of witnesses. to explain why the fibres were there. that were already there. Pats and John were/are smart people, and they had at least 6 hours or so to think the whole thing through.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
My father couldn't have answered that question either, he just wasn't that involved with us, and when he was, it involved outdoor activities.....like teaching us how to play baseball, taking us sledding, getting us a go-cart and making a go-cart track, putting up a basket ball hoop. etc.

Didn't mean he didn't love us and I don't think it means John didn't love his kids either.
I don't think either of them spend too much time with Jonbenet or Burke. They had a nanny. They just don't seem like they were emotionally invested in their children. With Patsy it makes more sense, she thought she was dying. Perhaps, jealousy too with Jonbenet.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Does it seem at all probable to you that Patsy could have authored the line: "Don't underestimate us John. Use that good southern common sense of yours"?

Does it seem at all probable to you that Patsy could have authored such a protracted and jejune ransom note in the wake of having accidentally killed her own daughter?

Does it seem at all probable to you that Patsy could have authored the line: "Speaking to anyone about your situation, such as Police, F.B.I., etc., will result in your daughter being beheaded" in the wake of having accidentally killed her own daughter?

These are questions you must answer clearly in your own mind according to your assessment of their probability, and then move forward with your investigation accordingly. You cannot remain on a fence with "inconclusive rulings" and ever expect to make sense of this case. Either Patsy wrote the note or she did not. Ambiguity will only serve to confuse you.

Quote:
The biggest mistake the BPD made was in misinterpreting the most prominent evidence available to them: the impromptu ransom note vis-a-vis the body of the alleged hostage in the basement.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:32 PM

243 posts, read 509,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
John Ramsey's responses to Lou Smit (highlighted in yellow) about the pineapple are on this link. How creepy to think that someone could have sat there with her in the middle of the night while she ate it (in light of what later happened). s-evidence-pineapple.htm
Thanks for the link, acandyrose is a great resource.

I would dismiss Smits questioning entirely, he was so soft on John and Pats because the first thing he did was to pray with them. He made up his mind about the Ramseys based on their shared religious beliefs. way to hinder an investigation detective!

Old 02-05-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy68 View Post

I find the pineapple perplexing. Pats denied even buying pineapple. said she couldnt recall buying it. yet, there it was in a bowl, and in JBs intestine.
I think Patsy was like most Americans. She had a refrigerator full of food, but very little assessment of what specific foods were actually in there. I for one am certain that there is food in mine own refrigerator that I cannot even identify.

Quote:
I think Pats kept the outfit on so when they found JBs body, she could throw herself on top of her, in front of witnesses. to explain why the fibres were there. that were already there. Pats and John were/are smart people, and they had at least 6 hours or so to think the whole thing through.
One more time: Neither Professor Moriarity, Lex Luther, nor Dr. Evil were involved in this crime. Patsy was an upper middle class housewife, not a criminal mastermind. Think about what you are saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime