Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2014, 04:22 PM

26,662 posts, read 28,768,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
I think the layout of the house breaks the the total strangers/petty theft angls. How would they know to lead to her to that room? Especially if they killed her found her, which they would have, in another room. Didn't the police have a hard time find that room? John and his friend found the body while the police were in the house. I have a really hard time believing someone who had no knowledge of the Ramseys, and the Ramseys having no knowledge of this person, found this secret room in that maze of a house.
Exactly. It was either the Ramseys or someone who knew them very well. How many people know the layout of someone else's house, especially a great big house, especially a hidden room in the basement?
Not a random thief, not even a neighborhood thief, but someone who knew them very well. Most people who knew them very well wouldn't even know the layout of their basement.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:37 PM

973 posts, read 1,455,228 times
I also find it weird the Ramsey were so well off, but didn't have security cameras. Especially outside of their homes. They didn't have any sort of security system. Very odd for well to do people.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:40 PM

26,798 posts, read 26,934,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
How many people know the layout of someone else's house, especially a great big house...
Maybe, if it was two people who entered the home who supposedly knew JonBenet (a former babysitter?), one of them did know the layout of the house. I just find it hard to believe that anyone who knew JonBenet could have done this to her. If the former babysitter/female who knew JonBenet found out what her partner had done to this child, that might explain the scream heard by the neighbors in the middle of the night. Hard to think this person's partner could have been so mentally twisted to asault a child in such a manner. I recall the Jeremy Strohmeyer case from Nevada, years ago, where he molested and killed a 7 year old girl in a rage over something small.

What happened with all the neighbors and friends whom the police interviewed? So many people were cleared. And why didn't the Ramseys hear the scream?

Old 02-03-2014, 04:46 PM

973 posts, read 1,455,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Hee Hee. If anyone knew it was sarcasm, I know you did, virgode, lol.

It is the most puzzling case.

I do not subscribe to the "simple answer being the likely one" (i.e. blame the family) because really, there is no simple answer, not when you look at the family members, their relationship with others and their community, and especially that inane note (which in my mind, was written by a teenager or an adult with low average IQ and no education past high school).

I think of injustices in our legal system, when people decided (in the absence of enough corroborating evidence) that it had to be the husband or the parents, etc.

We all know the case of Sam Sheppard, physician ("The Fugitive"). Folks didn't believe him b/c the simple explanation was - he killed his pregnant wife. Why would anyone else have done it?

And then there is the murder of Dave Camm's family . . . he went through 3 trials, because the simple answer was - Daddy Did It. He even was accused of being a child molester b/c of erroneously interpreted/submitted "evidence" at the crime scene.

David Camm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those are two cases that come to my mind of people accused of killing family members because that was the simple answer. Why would some stranger come in and kill children, especially? And we all know pregnant women are most often killed by someone they know and in many cases, the father of the unborn child. So . . . go with the simple answer.

The rumors that have been accepted as "fact" in the Ramsey case make me want to cry. I have known people whose lives/careers have been ruined because folks were more apt to believe sensational rumors than recognize them for the ridiculous stories they are. This stuff about "satanism" and "pimping out JonBenet" . . . I can't believe anyone would even entertain such stuff. Really.

Anyone remember the McMartin Daycare Case? Talk about mass hysteria going through a community. It is really mind numbing how people can get caught up in total absurdities and lies. And how law enforcement can become complicit in twisting evidence.

McMartin preschool trial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JonBenet's murder has not been solved, not because her parents (or a family member) "got away with it" but because the real murderer(s) have not been found. And sadly, as long as the public continues to believe "Someone in the family did it" -- the killer probably won't be brought to justice.

That is just my opinion, of course. I pray the truth does come out some day as no family should have to live with those kind of ugly accusations hanging over them, especially children (son Burke).
I'm willing to believe there was no pimping going on by her parents, as I said it's just a theory. Honestly, she was on display a lot and in very sexual clothing if her parents weren't grooming her. You would think if Patsy thought she was going to die soon of cancer, she would have cherished Jonbenet's innocence and babied her more instead of dressing her up as an adult. There are a lot of children in the sex trade market. Some very sick people have a lot of money. I think race and class have a lot to do with this. If the Ramsey came from a third world country and or were poor and everything else was the same (except the ransom note would say nothing of raise) and people suggested they were pimping out their child, more people would agree. As I said, it's a theory.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:23 PM

243 posts, read 510,113 times
Its a valid theory.

People seem to think if people have money, they can do no wrong.

When, in fact, its quite the opposite- pedophile rings are run by powerful and influential people. thems just the facts Maam.

Noone has anything to say on the pineapple? any theories?

Old 02-03-2014, 06:03 PM

26,662 posts, read 28,768,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy68 View Post
Its a valid theory.

People seem to think if people have money, they can do no wrong.

When, in fact, its quite the opposite- pedophile rings are run by powerful and influential people. thems just the facts Maam.

From what little I have read, yes, those pedophile rings are run by some very wealthy people. And people who are heads of corporations can lend out their kids to deviant individuals who will make deals with them. I don't know of anything like this first hand but just because they had money doesn't mean they were above doing things like this.

The pineapple. I think I said before, someone who knew Jon Benet's favorite food, pineapple. Patsy? Or some other person who knew her well. I keep coming back to either Patsy (which I never used to think before) or someone who was a member or the family or so close to them that it was like being a member of the family. Someone knew the house, the favorite food, felt comfortable hanging around the house writing a note, knew how to get into the house, knew when they'd be gone.

At this moment in time (and it keeps changing) but Patsy was wearing the same red Christmas outfit that she wore to a party the night before? Most people would have changed into something else at home. Even if she had taken it off and put the outfit away, she probably wouldn't have dug it out again the next day. She would have been in a bathrobe or casual clothing. It sounds like she was up all night.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:24 PM

26,798 posts, read 26,934,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy68 View Post
John Ramsey's responses to Lou Smit (highlighted in yellow) about the pineapple are on this link. How creepy to think that someone could have sat there with her in the middle of the night while she ate it (in light of what later happened). s-evidence-pineapple.htm

Old 02-03-2014, 06:30 PM

22,904 posts, read 6,452,771 times
I keep going back to that $118,000 ransom note, the exact amount of John's bonus.
What are the chances a stranger would know unless they talked about it, if so, who
else was told? The coincidence of the ransom note and his bonus is puzzling.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:09 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,078,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Maybe, if it was two people who entered the home who supposedly knew JonBenet (a former babysitter?), one of them did know the layout of the house. I just find it hard to believe that anyone who knew JonBenet could have done this to her. If the former babysitter/female who knew JonBenet found out what her partner had done to this child, that might explain the scream heard by the neighbors in the middle of the night. Hard to think this person's partner could have been so mentally twisted to asault a child in such a manner. I recall the Jeremy Strohmeyer case from Nevada, years ago, where he molested and killed a 7 year old girl in a rage over something small.

What happened with all the neighbors and friends whom the police interviewed? So many people were cleared. And why didn't the Ramseys hear the scream?
The scream would travel through the glass/open basement window, through the glass in a neighbor's window easier than through two/three stories worth of lumber and carpeting up to the Ramsey's bedroom?

Last edited by Annie53; 02-03-2014 at 08:20 PM..

Old 02-03-2014, 08:19 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,078,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
John Ramsey's responses to Lou Smit (highlighted in yellow) about the pineapple are on this link. How creepy to think that someone could have sat there with her in the middle of the night while she ate it (in light of what later happened). s-evidence-pineapple.htm
That is really creepy.....and plausible.

That someone close enough to the Ramseys, a friend or a worker, who was a perv, would plan to dress up like Santa Claus to lure JonBenet to sexual assault and death.

A lot of people could have known that JonBenet was enthralled with Santa. A friend or a worker present at a Christmas party who witnessed JonBenet eagerly jumping into the lap of Santa Claus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.