Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2013, 08:06 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,403,338 times

Advertisements

One thing I do know, is very few know the truth.

I felt the reaction of the family off when Carr was extradited to the US for involvement, they seemed very detached, almost like they knew it was a folly. Believe me, if someone killed my baby, and was brought to the US for questioning, I would be chomping at the bit to know what happened, and why....they seemed to not want to be bothered by it.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:18 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,348,795 times
I believe this case was lost in the first half hour and I hope police have learned from it.
There should be a protocol for an officer to follow when they get to the scene of something that is not quite right and quickly exploding. And...after seeing the interview with Linda Arndt, I had no problem imagining her being over her head and sinking fast.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:15 PM

24,135 posts, read 32,552,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Think so, too. It's that people of wealth doing these things or being involved is hard for most people to wrap their heads around . People just don't see beneath the wealth or polished appearances. These parents were so "off" it was a big red flag waving. But, whatever, people believe what they want I guess.

Yes. They were "off". I think that the police were absolutely dazzled by them and permitted them to "run the show" when it came to the initial investigation and the integrity of the crime scene.
Most parents who are not guilty, what ever their social status, would be little more than obedient zombies; ready to cooperate in any way possible, in order to secure the safe return of their kidnapped child.

But see, Jonbenet was never kidnapped. She was murdered and lying dead in the basement. They knew that. Turning the crime scene into a veritable circus and an open house certainly worked in the Ramsay's favor.

Their "weirdness" if you will, did not fall easily into any particular category. They were not unusual looking, nor do I think that they were unusually attractive. PR had that upper middle class 25 lbs over weight, house wife hairstyle look that is pretty nonthreatening. It looks like she shopped at "safe" clothes stores. If I were to guess, Talbots, Cold Water Creek and J.Crew.

JR looked like a typical conservative business man.

Yet PR's angry face, pout, and famous scowl, will not leave my psyche soon. She didn't look sad - she looked MAD.

I wish that she was ravingly sexy and that he was a flashy loudmouth nouveau riche type, with a loud and course demeanor. (they were not old money, but worked hard at imitating their perception of those people).

The funny thing is, they weren't at all cooperative. They were quietly subversive and got there way without bluster or bravado.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:26 PM

297 posts, read 520,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes. They were "off". I think that the police were absolutely dazzled by them and permitted them to "run the show" when it came to the initial investigation and the integrity of the crime scene.
Most parents who are not guilty, what ever their social status, would be little more than obedient zombies; ready to cooperate in any way possible, in order to secure the safe return of their kidnapped child.

But see, Jonbenet was never kidnapped. She was murdered and lying dead in the basement. They knew that. Turning the crime scene into a veritable circus and an open house certainly worked in the Ramsay's favor.

Their "weirdness" if you will, did not fall easily into any particular category. They were not unusual looking, nor do I think that they were unusually attractive. PR had that upper middle class 25 lbs over weight, house wife hairstyle look that is pretty nonthreatening. It looks like she shopped at "safe" clothes stores. If I were to guess, Talbots, Cold Water Creek and J.Crew.

Yet PR's angry face, pout, and famous scowl, will not leave my psyche soon. She didn't look sad - she looked MAD.

I wish that she was ravingly sexy and that he was a flashy loudmouth nouveau riche type, with a loud and course demeanor. (they were not old money, but worked hard at imitating their perception of those people).

The funny thing is, they weren't at all cooperative. They were quietly subversive and got there way without bluster or bravado.
I'm confused as to how the Ramseys looked, how they dressed, etc has to do with the case, and why you wish Patsy was sexy and John was a loudmouth? Because that would not be good PR for them if they came across that way on TV.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:58 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,488,976 times
Quote:
She didn't look sad - she looked MAD. .
I agree. Her looks and demeanor were of someone that you would NOT want to get on their bad side. I think she had a temper and was very defiant. Imo, that carried over into her parenting. She didn't strike me as someone heart broken over loosing a child.

She had everyone running scared including the law enforcement.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:04 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,657,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler92 View Post
I'm confused as to how the Ramseys looked, how they dressed, etc has to do with the case, and why you wish Patsy was sexy and John was a loudmouth? Because that would not be good PR for them if they came across that way on TV.

Exactly. They were innocuous. They were low key yet they managed to run the investigation. Had they been more flamboyant, they may have irritated the cops.

Who would want "good PR" for those two?

I wish that they were caught for what they did. How they presented themselves was calculated genius.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:53 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,576,902 times
He did it, she helped cover the crime. End of story.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:49 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,779,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
He did it, she helped cover the crime. End of story.
Maybe not. Some police feel SHE did it and HE helped cover it up.

Old 09-24-2013, 12:21 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,678,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
One thing I do know, is very few know the truth.

I felt the reaction of the family off when Carr was extradited to the US for involvement, they seemed very detached, almost like they knew it was a folly. Believe me, if someone killed my baby, and was brought to the US for questioning, I would be chomping at the bit to know what happened, and why....they seemed to not want to be bothered by it.
Ya, the father had that same flat affect. "Well, we'll see, " I remember when they interviewed him about Carr. Very off= Translation "I sure know he didn't do it."

Old 09-24-2013, 12:28 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,678,206 times
Quote:

OMG, that face!! It was pure anger, oh the indignation of being charged bothered her more than the sexual assault, murder of her young girl. Has anyone looked at the faces of parents whose children are murdered? They have the most upset, depressed, devastated look on their faces. We all see it!! It's obvious to anyone what they are feeling. Now, flash forward to Patsy's Puss. It doesn't portray any suffering, only indignation, anger, uhm, a refusal to "budge." Almost more a power play w/ the media, law enforcement than wanting to find who murdered her child!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.