Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 05:38 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,980,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
When Adam Walsh first went missing the police seperated both parents and grilled them for hours...many embarrassing personal affairs (I believe she had been unfaithful to John) were willing revealed to the police so they could quickly eliminate themselves as suspects...and they were...To lawyer up and play cat and mouse games with the police...yes it was the Ramsey's legal right...but was it the right thing to do?
Of course it was right. I would do it.

This forum often states how police botch investigations. Do you want such incompetency free to grill you when you know how desperate they sometimes are to get a perp and that they often err? You betcha, I'd get an attorney.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:31 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,660,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Of course it was right. I would do it.

This forum often states how police botch investigations. Do you want such incompetency free to grill you when you know how desperate they sometimes are to get a perp and that they often err? You betcha, I'd get an attorney.
I would co-operate fully with all authorities so I can be ruled out as quick as possible! If my child is missing I have no regard for my life...just the return of my child!

Old 03-25-2013, 09:28 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,980,087 times
Quote:
I would co-operate fully with all authorities so I can be ruled out as quick as possible! If my child is missing I have no regard for my life...just the return of my child!
Sure, you can cooperate fully with authorities. I would, too. It's just that I would have my attorney next to me whenever I did and I would also probably have my own investigators on the case.

If I had money.

I think most police do the best that they can under the circumstances, but I am also entitled to do the best that I can.

You also must remember that there is tremendous pressure on the police to solve these high publicity crimes and sometimes their ardor in doing so makes them cut corners.

Look at the recent case in New York. These police get excellent training. They, and their team of investigators are world class. In this case a man spent 23 years in prison wrongly accused. He was released only to suffer a heart attack.

A detective named Louis Scarcella was on the hunt to convict someone for Werzberger’s murder, and broke several rules in order to convict Ranta, including keeping few written records and reducing the sentences of two prisoners in exchange for their information.

The article goes on to speak of the witnesses and their lies, and mentions another guy who spent 22 years for a murder he did not commit.

Man in Prison for a Murder He Had No Connection to Will Go Free After 23 Years | Alternet

Old 03-25-2013, 06:57 PM

26,748 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Quote:
what two sickos the Ramsey's were to garrot(msp) their own child's neck...but the staging of the body with favorite blanket etc...was classic guilty behavior!
That's a little far fetched.

I think I've changed my mind after reading so much here and elsewhere about the Ramsey case. I really bought the intruder theory for many years. Now I'm beginning to believe that JonBenet was used in some sort of snuff film, which her parents were aware of but didn't realize was as dangerous as it was, during which something went horribly wrong. In order to cover up the accidental death, Patsy was forced to write the ransom note—maybe she was blackmailed into doing it because without it, she would have appeared horrifically negligent as a parent to have allowed her daughter to take part in this. I don't think Burke had anything to do with the crime but may have woken up and seen or heard something. He can't speak now in order to protect his parents. John may never speak because whoever was involved in it either employed him or was a political donor.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:03 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
I agree: THEY KNOW WHAT HAPPEND!!!!!!! (Like MADELINE's parents know EXACTLY WHAT HAPPEND)

Old 03-28-2013, 09:28 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,660,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
That's a little far fetched.

I think I've changed my mind after reading so much here and elsewhere about the Ramsey case. I really bought the intruder theory for many years. Now I'm beginning to believe that JonBenet was used in some sort of snuff film, which her parents were aware of but didn't realize was as dangerous as it was, during which something went horribly wrong. In order to cover up the accidental death, Patsy was forced to write the ransom note—maybe she was blackmailed into doing it because without it, she would have appeared horrifically negligent as a parent to have allowed her daughter to take part in this. I don't think Burke had anything to do with the crime but may have woken up and seen or heard something. He can't speak now in order to protect his parents. John may never speak because whoever was involved in it either employed him or was a political donor.
You should write for Law & Order...my post was farfetched!

Old 03-29-2013, 05:01 AM

Quote:
You should write for Law & Order...my post was farfetched!
Yes. There's no possible way that her parents garroted her, as you stated. Read up on the case.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:17 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,563,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Sure, you can cooperate fully with authorities. I would, too. It's just that I would have my attorney next to me whenever I did and I would also probably have my own investigators on the case.

If I had money.

I think most police do the best that they can under the circumstances, but I am also entitled to do the best that I can.

You also must remember that there is tremendous pressure on the police to solve these high publicity crimes and sometimes their ardor in doing so makes them cut corners.

Look at the recent case in New York. These police get excellent training. They, and their team of investigators are world class. In this case a man spent 23 years in prison wrongly accused. He was released only to suffer a heart attack.

A detective named Louis Scarcella was on the hunt to convict someone for Werzberger’s murder, and broke several rules in order to convict Ranta, including keeping few written records and reducing the sentences of two prisoners in exchange for their information.

The article goes on to speak of the witnesses and their lies, and mentions another guy who spent 22 years for a murder he did not commit.

Man in Prison for a Murder He Had No Connection to Will Go Free After 23 Years | Alternet

was in not until April until they sat down and talked to the Police at the station?

Old 09-20-2013, 09:06 AM

Wonder if this case will ever be solved. They're re-opening it again.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...never-pursued/

Old 09-20-2013, 11:42 AM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,487,453 times
Burke Ramsey is now about 26 years old. I think the police should interview him again. I know it is unlikely they would but it would be interesting to know more about what life was like in the Ramsey home. I look at family photos and they way JonBenet was dressed was NOT normal even in their casual family photos. Something doesn't seem quit right...almost too perfect.

Imo, Burke knows more about what happened the night of his sisters death they he is letting on. Maybe one day he will share the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime