Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 06:19 PM

998 posts, read 1,326,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Having a college degree hardly makes you intelligent. For Dallas' sake, I'm praying that you are not what passes for a black professional. I'm sorry, but your consistent grammar and spelling errors seem to tell a different story; something more along the lines of...McDonald's cashier (???).

--Sincerely, Ratchet Houstonian.

I see that article has got the black Dallasites seething . Overcooked Oatmeal is a trip.
LOL...the audacity of someone from FTW calling anything "ratchet". Hell, even Black Dallasites look down on those from Ft. Worth.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:42 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,344,702 times
They think we're not catching the shade that they keep throwing at Houston, so when we retaliate, they get offended. What's new? It happens every few pages.

I'm just playing their game, though. When they're ready to act civilized, then I will be, too.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:21 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,224,760 times
Ya'll the reason why us black folk can't get along! Just ratchet and angry!

Old 04-23-2012, 09:24 AM

391 posts, read 923,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I mean that Dallas is (arguably) the most popular city because more people KNOW the city, whether they're Americans or people living in other countries. Because of the T.V. Drama (and the up comming movie) Dallas seems to hog the spotlight when it comes to Texas cities. San Antonio is also a very popular city and so is Houston. No doubt that S.A. is #1 in tourism, but if people from, let's say, Canada are asked-"What is the city that first comes to mind when you think of Texas"- I believe they'll say Dallas more than San Antonio or Houston.
The list of most poupular cities in Texas from most to least...

1. Dallas
2. San Antonio
3. Houston
4. Austin
5. El Paso
6-at least 12. Any small town in this state that's been mentioned in the media
13. Fort Worth ( te he he)
By Dallas, you often mean Arlington... a completely separate city from Dallas.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:59 AM

391 posts, read 923,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Because Houston annexes unlike Dallas! I see the suburbs as expansion of the CITY.
Dallas clearly missed the bus back in the day when it came to annexing new areas. Unfortunately, they are now almost 100% blocked by incorporated suburban cities... the only way Dallas will be able to expand is UP... which probably explains their 0.8% increase in population at the 2010 census... that or they are just that unpopular =)

Old 04-23-2012, 10:03 AM

44 posts, read 80,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyAusmus View Post
By Dallas, you often mean Arlington... a completely separate city from Dallas.
I sorry but had to comment when this is said^^^ Why in the heck would Arlington be in the picture??? lol it's a suburb it's feeds off of Dallas and FT Worth. All surrounding areas do North Richland Hills, Southlake, Plano, Addison, Richardson, etc. Just like Houston "The woodlands" are a suburb feeding off of Houston just like Baytown, Memorial, Sugarland, Katy, heck even Galveston lol Dang no disrespect but don't count Arlington as a major powerhouse again. Please

Old 04-23-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyAusmus View Post
Dallas clearly missed the bus back in the day when it came to annexing new areas. Unfortunately, they are now almost 100% blocked by incorporated suburban cities... the only way Dallas will be able to expand is UP... which probably explains their 0.8% increase in population at the 2010 census... that or they are just that unpopular =)
How would you explain an enclave city??? Answer: A city that has limits outside of it's jurisdiction Dallas has land in between these suburbs fortunately not sure if it can expand from it but sure does make an impact because you just cant seem to get away from Dallas no matter how far you drive they might just own that lake right around the corner. lol

Just an example: Atlanta is landlocked so is,
St. Louis
Atlanta
Denver
Salt Lake City
Phoenix
Washington, DC
Minneapolis
Las Vegas
Cincinnati or Indianapolis

yeah annexing makes your city seem big and powerful, which is cool but don't doubt that Dallas can come to surprise I like Houston too just don't bash Dallas.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:54 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,959,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippybarber View Post
I sorry but had to comment when this is said^^^ Why in the heck would Arlington be in the picture??? lol it's a suburb it's feeds off of Dallas and FT Worth. All surrounding areas do North Richland Hills, Southlake, Plano, Addison, Richardson, etc. Just like Houston "The woodlands" are a suburb feeding off of Houston just like Baytown, Memorial, Sugarland, Katy, heck even Galveston lol Dang no disrespect but don't count Arlington as a major powerhouse again. Please
The Woodlands and Sugar Land are the only Houston suburbs that resemble the suburbs in DFW with big business districts (Plano, Irving, Addison, Richardson, etc.). Suburbs like Katy, Pearland, and Cypress are just bedroom communities.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
The Woodlands and Sugar Land are the only Houston suburbs that resemble the suburbs in DFW with big business districts (Plano, Irving, Addison, Richardson, etc.). Suburbs like Katy, Pearland, and Cypress are just bedroom communities.
Soooooo just because Dallas suburbs are bigger than Houston's means that they can claim the crown?

Hmmm I wonder, Ive said this before but why doesn't anyone get on L.A. or New York who have soooo many suburbs in their metro or Chi Town WTH you know? Don't act like Dallas is just stupid for letting their suburbs get big and Houston "the biggest inland city" is soooo smart because they have more land. Like I said it's still a suburb lol

Old 04-23-2012, 02:56 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippybarber View Post
I think he was joking.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas