Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 12:47 PM

875 posts, read 1,661,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Exactly!!....This goes back to what I was saying about how the "Black College experience" is not that important in Dallas and that a quality education and atmosphere for an up and coming professional African American is in an integrated college atmosphere. An enviroment that simulates the real world. To me Black colleges are slowly becoming irrelevant in today's society. HBCU's were created so blacks would have a place to go to college back in the 50's....That's not needed today.
WOW. Man slap yourself for even typing these words.

Black colleges are needed more than you think man. I went to a "all white university" and let me tell you..its no better. A minority has to really stand out at these schools simply because its a all white school. Now, I do believe the school I went to was great..but if I had to do it over again, I would have chosen PV or Howard.

Folks talk about all black schools, but they do give our people employment opportunities which is the reason for going to college.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:48 PM

965 posts, read 1,884,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT3x View Post
HBCUs are garbage. They provide a poor education infused with superstition (religion).

Another ignorant, uninformed response. Typical, but not surprising coming from you.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:55 PM

350 posts, read 867,558 times
There is a well documented wage penalty associated with graduating from a HBCU. It's separate but "equal" bull****. Shut them down, integrate the students who can cut it at a good school, the rest shouldn't be in college anyway.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
There is a well documented wage penalty associated with graduating from a HBCU. It's separate but "equal" bull****. Shut them down, integrate the students who can cut it at a good school, the rest shouldn't be in college anyway.

Sources?

Are all HBCU's created equal? No, but there are plenty of them where the students can cut it and they're "good" schools.

Also, HBCU's never discriminated against whites (or anyone else). Don't get mad at black people who were seeking an education, get mad at the white folks who didn't want them in colleges in the first place.

It's funny how no one has a problem with Jewish or Catholic colleges or all women's colleges, but when blacks want to have colleges or be educated, white folks like you want to get all bent out of shape and mad. Just goes to show you how many of them hate it when blacks aspire to do better for themselves because you want us to be submissive to you.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:04 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,449,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Pages ago, some of you were suggesting that Houston was nothing but a business town, and that Dallas was better for leisure. Now you've flipped the script: Dallas is all about business, and Houston is about nothing but fun and games? Well our GMP and employment figures might argue otherwise.
No...I said Dallas is a place to "Take care of business" like get you a good job find you a nice car and place to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
Well it's an ignorant, slave mentality opinion, but no surprise coming from a Dallasite.
No..the problem is when blacks hold on to the slave mentality and think that its best to go to an all black college and be around "They own folk".

Old 04-21-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post

No..the problem is when blacks hold on to the slave mentality and think that its best to go to an all black college and be around "They own folk".
No, it's a slave mentality when black folks like you sit around and think that black automatically = "bad" or thinking that going to a PWI makes you better than other blacks. Like I said, as a typical Dallasite, you cannot help yourself. That's not the slave mentality that you're describing at all. At least do your research before you go spouting off at the mouth speaking on things you don't know of.

I didn't go to an HBCU, but I certainly understand their relevance in this day and age. Sorry that you don't.

Last edited by Overcooked_Oatmeal; 04-21-2012 at 01:24 PM..

Old 04-21-2012, 01:19 PM

350 posts, read 867,558 times
Quote:
Sources?

Are all HBCU's created equal? No, but there are plenty of them where the students can cut it and they're "good" schools.

Also, HBCU's never discriminated against whites (or anyone else). Don't get mad at black people who were seeking an education, get mad at the white folks who didn't want them in colleges in the first place.

It's funny how no one has a problem with Jewish or Catholic colleges or all women's colleges, but when blacks want to have colleges or be educated, white folks like you want to get all bent out of shape and mad. Just goes to show you how many of them hate it when blacks aspire to do better for themselves because you want us to be submissive to you.
Why Do Earnings of HBCU Grads Lag Wages of Other Blacks? | Madame Noire | Black Women's Lifestyle Guide | Black Hair | Black Love

You really need to drop the whole victim mentality thing you've got going.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Victim? Hardly. Observer? Yes. I can't help it if I speak the truth and you don't like it. Your accusations of attempting to paint someone as a "victim" is a typical, diversionary tactic

As for the "study" you obtained from some blog, what were the statistic controls? What majors the students chose? What were the other factors that made them earn lower wages? Posting these sort of things without a deeper look into them is a true disservice and contributes nothing.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:34 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,449,291 times
Quote:
I REST MY CASE!!!!!!....Thank you so much BigT3x...I owe u one.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:35 PM

998 posts, read 1,324,850 times
Quote:
Sources?

THIS!

There's not one HBCU who has a mission of educating only Blacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas