Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 10:50 PM

343 posts, read 805,397 times

Advertisements

And yes if you don't think Dallas is a sexy city, look up "sexy dallas party girls" on youtube. it's a whole series...

Old 03-10-2012, 12:46 AM

1,518 posts, read 3,056,984 times
Welp, if there's anything we can conclude from this thread, it's that Dallas and Houston are the best two cities in the United States... with Houston in a distant second.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:13 AM

4,435 posts, read 6,306,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakold23 View Post
The only reason I was disheartened was because it was just on a random Houston-only thread. You also claimed later (post 299) that Dallas has quote "small dick syndrome"... I really don't think Dallas thinks about houston in every move it makes

In all honestly I dont really care and didn't mean to start anything. It doesn't hurt to admit you are an all out (and a little extreme) homer, however. at least you love your city!
I do think Houston's development style did lend to Dallas quickly adopting certain zoning and development regulations (other than those imposed by the FAA regarding height). The emphasis placed on parks, the arts and other cultural offerings has actually ramped up in response to Chicago from when Dallas lost Boeing to Chicago for those reasons. Other than that I think Dallas has marched to it's own drummer.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakold23 View Post
And yes if you don't think Dallas is a sexy city, look up "sexy dallas party girls" on youtube. it's a whole series...
Dallas does have a sexier city, populace and nightlife. The attention to detail in the city and the attention to detail of it's residents does set it apart. I think that is what attracts the media and retailers to this area. Which can only be good for the city.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:19 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Dallas does have a sexier city, populace and nightlife. The attention to detail in the city and the attention to detail of it's residents does set it apart. I think that is what attracts the media and retailers to this area. Which can only be good for the city.
EXACTLY!!...Thats why i say bring as much glitz, glamour and LEDs we can fathom...the more the better!!

Old 03-10-2012, 04:55 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
EXACTLY!!...Thats why i say bring as much glitz, glamour and LEDs we can fathom...the more the better!!
There you guys go again...living in la la land.

Dallas is on these shows because your city PAYS the networks to showcase Dallas. And those shows are all WACK!

You guys have this insecurity issue that is just so funny to watch.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
There you guys go again...living in la la land.

Dallas is on these shows because your city PAYS the networks to showcase Dallas. And those shows are all WACK!

You guys have this insecurity issue that is just so funny to watch.
Yes, of course. That's exactly it.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:22 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,377,042 times
Dallas doesn't pay to attract most of these shows. The show/film producers choose to shoot here because of ample technical support and production facilities. Incentives are usuallly offered like, access to almost all of the city's facilities and resources with little or no fees.

The Studios at Las Colinas® - Home

Old 03-10-2012, 09:58 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
you keep on pressing that issue. Dallas's nightlife is no better than Houston nightlife. If i was going by my impressions of Dallas's nightlife, I would've concluded that i was in a big city with a bunch of hick bars, and yes i was in the Deep Ellum area not too far from Coyote Ugly. But i can't say that because i didn't know where to go. Just like you don't know where to go in Houston. So i can conclude Houston has better nightlife.

I'll give you that Dallas is the sexier city but next time you're in Houston, check out the new Kirby@Westheimer , The Mix@ Midtown and areas around it, Discovery Green/Embassy Suites on the park, and OPP with the new Phoenicia Grocery store. Each of those areas give off a little sexiness in my opinion.

stoneclaw/C2H (ComingtoHouston)

Old 03-11-2012, 07:40 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
you keep on pressing that issue. Dallas's nightlife is no better than Houston nightlife. If i was going by my impressions of Dallas's nightlife, I would've concluded that i was in a big city with a bunch of hick bars, and yes i was in the Deep Ellum area not too far from Coyote Ugly. But i can't say that because i didn't know where to go. Just like you don't know where to go in Houston. So i can conclude Houston has better nightlife.

I'll give you that Dallas is the sexier city but next time you're in Houston, check out the new Kirby@Westheimer , The Mix@ Midtown and areas around it, Discovery Green/Embassy Suites on the park, and OPP with the new Phoenicia Grocery store. Each of those areas give off a little sexiness in my opinion.

stoneclaw/C2H (ComingtoHouston)
Dallas being sexy takes nothing away from Houston....at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas