Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 07:29 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,273,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Depends on your scene. They are even when looking at it like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feufoma View Post
Wow TCU. So easy to forget. Let's face it. DFW night life is better. At least they have that.

I often hear that Dallas's nightlife is centered around techno/dance while Houston's nightlife is primarily centered around Hip Hop/R&B so Trae's exactly right, it really depends on what you're into. But i'm willing to bet that Dallas's upscale party scene is probably better.

stoneclaw/C2H (ComingtoHouston)

Old 03-12-2012, 08:31 AM

469 posts, read 886,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
I often hear that Dallas's nightlife is centered around techno/dance while Houston's nightlife is primarily centered around Hip Hop/R&B so Trae's exactly right, it really depends on what you're into. But i'm willing to bet that Dallas's upscale party scene is probably better.

stoneclaw/C2H (ComingtoHouston)
This is definitely true. Houston used to definitely be a step above Dallas with hardcore/punk but since around 2007 or so, things have really changed. But Houston will always come out on top (top 2 in the US) for rap. I hate techno and Dallas was FULL of that crap.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:58 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,324,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkispoison View Post
This is definitely true. Houston used to definitely be a step above Dallas with hardcore/punk but since around 2007 or so, things have really changed. But Houston will always come out on top (top 2 in the US) for rap. I hate techno and Dallas was FULL of that crap.
Yeeaaaaa no.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Yeeaaaaa no.
Well, for my personal fav. I like NYC stuff the best, then any SUC, then probably Bay Area, Chicago/Midwest, New Orleans (used to love no limit but since it's over nothing does anything for me anymore from there), also not a big fan of ANY Atl minus Youngbloodz, old Goodie Mob, and Outkast

so Yeaaaaaa yeah...

Old 03-12-2012, 11:34 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,609,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkispoison View Post
I hate techno and Dallas was FULL of that crap.
I LOVE techno, hence one reason I enjoy Dallas so much. We even have two electronoic music festivals every year now woot!

Old 03-12-2012, 12:35 PM

350 posts, read 867,994 times
LOL Houston in the top 2 for rap.

You people are insane.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT3x View Post
LOL Houston in the top 2 for rap.

You people are insane.
Personal favs man.

I grew up listening to it. Screw, Fat Pat, Z-Ro, UGK, BIG MOE, Getto Boys, etc are all my favs minus Wu, Big L, and the mid 90's **** NY brought.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:05 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,963,804 times
Quote:
Rice is at least 3 miles from TSU. Houston Baptist is at least 8 miles from Rice.
It is one mile as the crow flies. I measured it. I live in between the two and walk in that area everyday. even using the directions set by google maps takes you there in less that 3 miles so I have no clue how you are getting there over 3. are you just guessing the distance or are you using the long way from some internet map?

Old 03-12-2012, 01:47 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,324,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
It is one mile as the crow flies. I measured it. I live in between the two and walk in that area everyday. even using the directions set by google maps takes you there in less that 3 miles so I have no clue how you are getting there over 3. are you just guessing the distance or are you using the long way from some internet map?
Main to Wheeler is right at 3 miles. Don't know how you get a mile, it seems further than that in a car.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:22 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,963,804 times
Quote:
Main to Wheeler is right at 3 miles. Don't know how you get a mile, it seems further than that in a car.
like I said, it is 1 mile away as the crow flies.

It is not 1 mile if you go up all the way to wheeler. Why on earth would you go all the way to midtown and then come back all the way down.

when I count distance away from something I use the actual distance not the longest way to get there. when I go that way I walk, so I cut right threw memorial park. saying it is at least 3 miles because you CAN get there from wheeler is saying that Nola is 600 miles from Houston because you can take 59 to Shreveport then Shreveport to NOLA to get there. NO. NOLA is about 350 miles from Houston STRAIGHT ACROSS. a distance is the shortest route between two things, not a possible list of choices.

I did notice that the google map directions zig zaged in Rice for almost a mile before it left the university and then went into TSU for a half mile in addition to going all the way up to Wheeler instead of Taking Southmore or Binz which is a lot closer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas