Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2013, 02:17 PM

7,904 posts, read 11,500,192 times

Advertisements

Plano hammers SL as well as the woodlands for my taste. Great schools across the board, nice office and large corporate employers as well as great shopping. Additionally you have a nice town, Frisco and Far N. Dallas near by. No comparison, Plano hammers both of these.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:50 PM

9,221 posts, read 16,023,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Dallas County has the largest number of commuters in Texas who comes from other counties, Houston is 2nd

"Every morning, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, 507,397 people who live in other counties fire up their cars, climb into a van or tuck themselves onto a train or bus and go to work in Dallas County"

Census commute count: 507,397 coming into Dallas County each morning | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

AT&T is expanding it's HQ

AT&T expanding downtown Dallas headquarters with worker moves | Biz Beat Blog
Not surprising considering the county size differences. Harris County is pretty damn big.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:20 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,503,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drecey View Post
I put my answers in bold

Most of my answers would lean over towards the Houston side. The only ones that are straight up Houston is The Woodlands, Third Ward and Discovery Green. Klyde Warren is an ok urban park near downtown, but Discovery Green swallows that park up. I've been to both several times. DG is huge compared to KW. I think parks, in general, are better in Houston. Shopping, in general, is better in Dallas. Dining goes to Houston. Steakhouses go to Dallas. It's crazy how they have this see saw effect. lol.

Uptown Dallas takes the cake when compared to Midtown, imo. Uptown is almost finished whereas midtown is still getting there.
The reason I say Third Ward over Oak Cliff is because of the University presence, the MacGregor/Riverside area and the gentrification. Oak Cliff has Bishop Arts, but I when I went I was very turned off by it. [Oak Cliff is waaaay larger than Third Ward, which is why I included MacGregor in my comparison.)

It pains me to say this, too, but Greenville Trumps Washington Ave. I love the layout of Greenville. Washington is slowly looking better than Gville. Dallas has a few corridors that can compete including Knox/Henderson and the McKnney strip.

Hmm...what about Main Streets?
Houston Main Street vs. Dallas Main Street? I'd say Houston's because of the rail, but Dallas' because of the life. I think the rail goes down Pacific St in Dallas---which is a mess.

Woodlands over Southlake is a no brainer!
Now, I was gonna compare The Woodlands to Plano, but decided on Sugar Land instead for several reasons:
I think Fort Bend and Collin County are the closest competitors as far as counties. (Both the most expensive county in TX)
Plano is the most popular in Collin, SL is the most popular in FtBend.
I chose Sugar Land because of its diversity and its atmosphere. Plano comes in very close because for a city its size, it does great at maintaining great schools and a positive reputation.

Montrose beats Oak Lawn because...let's face it-Oak Lawn is Uptown Dallas.

__________________________________________________ ________________
More!!!
The Heights vs. M Streets?
Harry Hines Blvd vs. Harwin?
Post Oak Blvd vs. McKinney Ave?
Museum District vs. Arts District & Design District combined (I know they're in two different parts of town)
Houston Press vs. Dallas Observer?
Houston Nightlife vs. Dallas Nightlife?
Galveston Beach vs. Six Flags? (Weekend family destinations outside of city)
Houston Rodeo vs. State Fair?
Texans vs. Cowboys? (JUST KIDDING!)
I have to admit that this is a pretty well rounded post...I agree with everything accept the bolded.
Why do you think DART rail on pacific is a mess???...I think Having it on main street in Houston or any main street causes the biggest mess. (Car/Train wrecks). Dallas made this same mistake down Lancaster road in Southern Dallas....it should have been elevated down Lancaster but on the side of the road not in the middle....Thanks for listening

Old 03-07-2013, 09:52 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,190,626 times
Mavs whoop up on the Rockets (again) win 3 of 4 for season...

Old 03-08-2013, 08:49 AM

9,221 posts, read 16,023,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I wouldn't call that game a whoop up, but I would much rather be the Rockets now and in the future than be the Mavericks. Cuban outsmarted himself.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:26 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,190,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
I wouldn't call that game a whoop up, but I would much rather be the Rockets now and in the future than be the Mavericks. Cuban outsmarted himself.
He definitely should have left the championship team together another couple years, but he gambled on Dwight Howard and Deron Williams and lost. They'll take another shot this off season and we'll see what happens....

Old 03-08-2013, 08:21 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,159,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
really they barely pulled it out .. what the rockets did the game before was a whoop

mavs won by four..

LAst gam the rockets beat them 136 to three

Old 03-08-2013, 10:45 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,118,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Dallas County has the largest number of commuters in Texas who comes from other counties, Houston is 2nd

"Every morning, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, 507,397 people who live in other counties fire up their cars, climb into a van or tuck themselves onto a train or bus and go to work in Dallas County"

Census commute count: 507,397 coming into Dallas County each morning | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

AT&T is expanding it's HQ

AT&T expanding downtown Dallas headquarters with worker moves | Biz Beat Blog
You say that like its a good thing when its not.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:46 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,503,247 times
The Mavs really suck this year...and yall STILL could only get 1 win out of 4.That says alot.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:21 AM

4,471 posts, read 6,376,892 times
Ugh I swear Houston beats us at everything! They even have the largest uninsured population in the state too. Dallas will never win this war.

Texas uninsured rate highest in nation ? again - Dallas Business Journal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas