Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 10:23 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,843,853 times

Advertisements

Honda calls it "Graphite Pearl" which is a fancy way to say Dark Grey Metallic

Old 09-05-2009, 10:36 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,406,735 times
glad it wasn't yellow. There's a teen in Westcreek that drives a particular yellow car and his parents need to know he's not an angel and he doesn't have any skillz either. I know the car used to be driven by an adult male and I'm guessing it was passed down to the kid.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:08 AM

rd2007- Here I go again talking about the past. Several years ago there was a young kid here in The Hollow who had a pretty regular routine. I got tired of his sppeding and knowing how some young kids and parents are /could be I did not approach them. My concern was for the children that play catch, ride their bikes, etc. I called BCSD and gave them all the information and soon after the speeding stopped. I cannot tell you what was done, maybe a ticket or a verbal scare. Needeless to say the kid has since moved away.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:22 AM

As usual I forgot to take our aluminum cans to the pickup point this weekend. Does anyone know who I can contact with the Boy Scouts to arrange a pickup or delivery?

Old 09-07-2009, 09:35 AM

872 posts, read 1,857,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Oh, but they are...drive around and you'll see weeds in many yards (especially in the driveway/sidewalk joints).
As for the sidewalks, the HOA has to walk a fine line because the homeowners don't own the sidewalks, the county does. Just like the county owns the grass between sidewalks and the road. Good luck getting the HOA to admit that but thats how it is.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
As for the sidewalks, the HOA has to walk a fine line because the homeowners don't own the sidewalks, the county does. Just like the county owns the grass between sidewalks and the road. Good luck getting the HOA to admit that but thats how it is.
Good Afternoon wc2005 - In our Standards under 7.0 ,Selected Conditions and Restrictions , Street Maintenance, addresses this issue along with yard clippings, etc. It does not mention the weeds in the seams of the Driveway or Sidewalks but I can see how they could interpret it to include these areas.

For the life of me I can't see why anyone would spend 2-3 hours plus per week maintaining his /her yard and not remove or spray those weeds. To me they stick out like a sore thumb. That's why I'll spray several of my neighbors weeds. I would think that the HOA Monitors could or would enforce upon this. It's all a matter of what their priorites are. To them these weeds may be trivial. I know they have a hard time writing people up for blowing their leaves and grass clippings into the street. I have called several times in the past and their reply was that they can't be certain where it came from. I argued once that you could see from property line to property line who the neighbor was. That was not enough proof for them even though an HOA Staff Member met with me and saw exactly what I was talking about. People need to be told that this is also a violation of the Bexar County Stormwater Ordinance.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Lil

32 posts, read 77,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
glad it wasn't yellow. There's a teen in Westcreek that drives a particular yellow car and his parents need to know he's not an angel and he doesn't have any skillz either. I know the car used to be driven by an adult male and I'm guessing it was passed down to the kid.

Is it bright sunflower yellow with black trim? I think he may be from the Hills...

Old 09-07-2009, 06:18 PM

86 posts, read 175,015 times
Any one interested in a Cellular on Patrol class? Got the word today for another class from Bexar County Sheriffs dept. being offered for all that may be interested in keeping our neighborhoods safer......

Hello Everyone,

The Bexar County Sheriff's Office along with the Timberwood Park HOA / COP is putting together a COP class at there Club House. The COP class will be held on two Saturdays. The first part will be on the 19th of September and the second will be on the 26th of September 2009. The times will be from 9am to 1pm. You must attend both days. The address for the Timberwood Park Club House is 26631 Timberline Drive San Antonio, TX. 78260. Enter this address in Google so you will not get lost.

If you are going to make it out to this training please let your Team Captain know so they can inform me who is going to make it out to this training. Also Team Captains please let your community know about this event.

If you have any questions please contact me.

Thanks,

Deputy Leonard Lopez # 319
Directed Patrol
1930 Herbert Lane
San Antonio, TX 78227

Old 09-07-2009, 06:23 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,406,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil View Post
Is it bright sunflower yellow with black trim? I think he may be from the Hills...
we have a winner folks.
I take it you noticed him too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH1960 View Post
Any one interested in a Cellular on Patrol class? Got the word today for another class from Bexar County Sheriffs dept. being offered for all that may be interested in keeping our neighborhoods safer......

Hello Everyone,

The Bexar County Sheriff's Office along with the Timberwood Park HOA / COP is putting together a COP class at there Club House. The COP class will be held on two Saturdays. The first part will be on the 19th of September and the second will be on the 26th of September 2009. The times will be from 9am to 1pm. You must attend both days. The address for the Timberwood Park Club House is 26631 Timberline Drive San Antonio, TX. 78260. Enter this address in Google so you will not get lost.

If you are going to make it out to this training please let your Team Captain know so they can inform me who is going to make it out to this training. Also Team Captains please let your community know about this event.

If you have any questions please contact me.

Thanks,

Deputy Leonard Lopez # 319
Directed Patrol
1930 Herbert Lane
San Antonio, TX 78227
sending you a DM on that. thanks

Old 09-08-2009, 07:28 AM

872 posts, read 1,857,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Good Afternoon wc2005 - In our Standards under 7.0 ,Selected Conditions and Restrictions , Street Maintenance, addresses this issue along with yard clippings, etc. It does not mention the weeds in the seams of the Driveway or Sidewalks but I can see how they could interpret it to include these areas.

For the life of me I can't see why anyone would spend 2-3 hours plus per week maintaining his /her yard and not remove or spray those weeds. To me they stick out like a sore thumb. That's why I'll spray several of my neighbors weeds. I would think that the HOA Monitors could or would enforce upon this. It's all a matter of what their priorites are. To them these weeds may be trivial. I know they have a hard time writing people up for blowing their leaves and grass clippings into the street. I have called several times in the past and their reply was that they can't be certain where it came from. I argued once that you could see from property line to property line who the neighbor was. That was not enough proof for them even though an HOA Staff Member met with me and saw exactly what I was talking about. People need to be told that this is also a violation of the Bexar County Stormwater Ordinance.
I absolutely agree that people should have enough pride to take care of the sidewalks and I do take care of mine. I'm just saying there is a boundary between what the HOA can and can't really do. There are tons of examples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio