Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2020, 10:18 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,603,196 times

Advertisements

well, you are certifiably rude to people for no reason at all then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 10:47 AM

1,402 posts, read 478,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Volcanic activity has an element of 'See this? You're next!' about it.
Well sure, when viewed from the mouth of your cave or the top of a Mayan pyramid. Now I live in a house with indoor plumbing, which has had a remarkable impact on my ability to see things more clearly.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:14 AM

50,913 posts, read 24,413,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Your views of America are out there. Hopefully, you will get a chance to visit and have look about the states.

America is 100x's larger in population than Wales. Perhaps you do not understand how diverse 300 million people can be.
We may be diverse, but that diversity is so often the crux of bitter disputes that escalate into life/death situations. I don't think I'd boast about it.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Your obsession with atheism is like some jr. high school kid who's been accepted into some club he/she thought they'd would have never been allowed to join in a million years! I get it. It's very important to you, but by the same token it's a nothing burger for others...and that's okay too.
As often as you bitterly refute atheists on this forum, I'd say there's an obsession on that side, as well.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Probably as productive as any other discussions so far...

At least this one is different! No less whacky but different!
Well, I'll approve of any expedition by christians to the molten core make their point!

Old 05-23-2020, 11:18 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,017,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
We may be diverse, but that diversity is so often the crux of bitter disputes that escalate into life/death situations. I don't think I'd boast about it.
Discussion is not boasting. Suppression of discussions is the crux that escalates to bitter disputes. And some who masquerade as 'the enlightened' are equal players in the suppression and blood shed.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
The can't all be gems, Gabby, but by and large, Learnme has garnered a fair bit of respect here in the course of his posting.

So could you if you dropped this absurd vendetta against the Other Atheists here.
I agree, and I think overall his two pet theories got a fair amount of positive reviews.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:21 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,751,103 times
Quote:
wow 16k+ posts. You might as well especially since your 10 Truths failed to draw any fanfare.
I wasn't looking for fanfare, but I got enough in the way of what I was looking for to make that thread worth my while. You simply see all these threads and comments very differently than I do, as already explained. Hard enough needing to repeat ourselves like we do in this forum, especially when it comes to people like you. Probably best to ignore you I guess, since this was a "losing battle" from the beginning.

AKA a lost cause...

Old 05-23-2020, 11:22 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,017,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I wasn't looking for fanfare, but I got enough in the way of what I was looking for to make that thread worth my while. You simply see all these threads and comments very differently than I do, as already explained. Hard enough needing to repeat ourselves like we do in this forum, especially when it comes to people like you. Probably best to ignore you I guess, since this was a "losing battle" from the beginning.

AKA a lost cause...
Yes, the gang is all here to rub your back. Mission .

Old 05-23-2020, 11:26 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,751,103 times
Quote:
You're gang is purposely antagonistic to agnostics. You have your answers and you are demanding others buy your product.
I can't speak for other atheists, and I've never been part of any gang. I don't look to be part of one here either, though obviously wherever opinion is expressed by many in any forum, there will be those who coalesce around similar opinion and those who coalesce around disagreement with that opinion. People like you love to make more of that dynamic than it is for some pretty obvious reasons.

I can also say for me that if I am in any way antagonistic toward anyone in this forum, it is because they post comments I find inviting of antagonism, worthy of antagonism. In that respect, you are as worthy as they come!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality