Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2019, 04:53 PM

1,378 posts, read 396,598 times

Advertisements

God has shown me the future countless times & it always comes true in the following hours or days. So God has given me absolute proof all those times. The proof is a personal thing & each person will be given some proof at some time or other by God. They will know God is true, but people will still call them liars.

It's like the mystery of whether God exists or not is a necessary part of human life, & gives people the choice of whether to believe or not. If they open their minds & seek proof they will find it. If they close their minds then they will not see proof of God.
Like one guy was reading a book about how everyone is being closely watched by people from above the earth. He looked up & said, "Are you watching me too?", & a loud voice replied, "YES".
All his life he thought he had been alone but the moment he opened his mind to a higher possibility he discovered he was not alone after all. It's that simple sometimes. One time I asked God for a sign & instantly the calm sky above my head exploded with roaring thunder. God is here & all we have to do is open our minds a little
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 04:57 PM

51,228 posts, read 24,698,183 times
I wanna know who the other god is.

Old 09-02-2019, 05:16 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,675,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
Ego? Pffft.

Atheists understand they're simply one biological organism in a vast universe. Not believing in deities is no great feat, and most atheists know it (though for those atheists who threw off the shackles of a lifetime of personal and social brainwashing, they have certainly achieved something worthy).

But there are countless theists running around prattling on and on about some supreme being who has made them - each and every theist - an essential and indispensable player in some grand cosmic scheme.

That's not mere ego; it's massive self-importance.
No joke.

Old 09-02-2019, 05:22 PM

I have been to Heaven & Hell, & been in the personal Presence of God countless times. Yet I have always considered myself to be equal to everyone in God's eyes. I've never claimed to be special or anything like that. I don't think i'm special. I do think I am fortunate for having met God that's all. But that is available to all people if they open their lives to God instead of remaining closed minded. I've seen millions of people whom God has given encounters & miracles to. I don't think I'm different to anyone else.
Saying believers have big egos is a lie & you ought to be ashamed for stooping so low

Old 09-02-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
I have been to Heaven & Hell, & been in the personal Presence of God countless times. Yet I have always considered myself to be equal to everyone in God's eyes. I've never claimed to be special or anything like that. I don't think i'm special. I do think I am fortunate for having met God that's all. But that is available to all people if they open their lives to God instead of remaining closed minded. I've seen millions of people whom God has given encounters & miracles to. I don't think I'm different to anyone else.
Saying believers have big egos is a lie & you ought to be ashamed for stooping so low
Well, I have never heard an atheist pray to an Omnipotent Being to please let their sports team win a game while millions of people are starving to death, but I have heard Christians do so countless times.

Old 09-02-2019, 05:53 PM

Christians have spent more money than anyone else in the world in helping the starving. So you are wrong as all atheists are.

Old 09-02-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Christians have spent more money than anyone else in the world in helping the starving. So you are wrong as all atheists are.
Yet another claim from you with no proof whatsoever. But you completely missed the point.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:04 PM

51,228 posts, read 24,698,183 times
Quote:
Prove it.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:04 PM

16,050 posts, read 6,422,574 times
Quote:
Revert to calling people names. LOL
yesterday some of the main hard core atheists here reverted to telling straight out lies in the hope of swaying public opinion. They had veritably lost their minds!! That is the definition of insanity to some professionals. & the main atheists here are the ones with a severe case of that terrible condition.

So Atheists have the lead on the insanity scale without any doubt whatsoever.

People called Jesus & John The Baptist 'crazy'. People just use the word 'crazy' the same as they use the word 'racist' nowadays. It's like calling someone 'a witch' back in the dark ages. They get instant points from the mindless mob & everyone continues being a savage monster as usual, & never evolve to a higher understanding of reality & God
I was under the impression that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Closely related to this time is different like you are stating that your belief in God is correct while all others have it wrong through the millennia. If we take you at your word that someone resorted to telling lies in hoping to sway public opinion that would be a strategy. But what the heck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N4jf6rtyuw

Old 09-02-2019, 09:30 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,111,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Prove it.
D'Nesh D'Souza wrote a really interesting book documenting it.

But just take a look around. Ever wonder why most homeless shelters and hospitals have religious names? It's because Christians (and Jews) open them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality