Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 03:37 PM

1,096 posts, read 424,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
The third in a series: What motivates the 'New Atheist'?

(All comments are from the same person, a self-described: “Non Theist, Non Deist, Non Believer")
------
* Believers pass through here regularly. They stop briefly for a chance to preach to the unwashed unbelievers. But then they quickly witness their make believe world view being not only eviscerated, but effectively eviscerated. And they disappear in horror.

* When the debate involves the revision one's entire worldview, it can result in psychological damage

* Meanwhile we non believers are waiting in ever growing packs to eviscerate the poor foolishly unprepared religious newbies who stumble in to the forum,

* Atheists (non believers), on the other hand, tend to congregate in ever increasing number on the Religion and Spirituality forum by virtue of having scared most of the believers away. Come out and fight, you insecure girly men!

* I declare the religious wars to be over. The verdict is in. The verdict has been in for some time in fact. Believers lost BADLY.

* I consider many of the opinions that you and other believers hold to be wrong. Silly in fact. I do not oppose your right to hold such opinions. I DO oppose your right to impose your opinions on others, however.

------
This person is ever busy imposing his opinions on those who, in his view, have no right to impose their opinions on others, despite the fact he's on a Religion and Spirituality forum! Imagine coming to the R&S forum with the express purpose of opposing people who are religious or spiritual. The hypocrisy and self-righteousness of these evangelical anti-theists is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

Iwasmadenew, yea I know it takes time to compile the quotes and thank you for contributing them to the discussion. Just so you know, I won't be keeping up with the thread. I started it and felt I had some obligation to participate for a while but it is now 17 pages in and I'm done with it. I just could care less about their position anymore. But again thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 04:13 PM

51,521 posts, read 24,873,764 times
Quote:
This person is ever busy imposing his opinions on those who, in his view, have no right to impose their opinions on others, despite the fact he's on a Religion and Spirituality forum! Imagine coming to the R&S forum with the express purpose of opposing people who are religious or spiritual. The hypocrisy and self-righteousness of these evangelical anti-theists is so thick you can cut it with a knife.
This has been explained to you numerous times, but you don't seem to get it.

This is not a praise forum. This is a forum to discuss all aspects of religion and spirituality...or the lack thereof...negative and positive. If you want a praise forum, just go up to the christianity part of the forum. That's a little closer to what you seem to want.

So, whomever you're quoting, has every bit as much right as you do to express themselves, and they are no more imposing their views than you are. In fact, you've admitted you proselytize.

Old 09-03-2019, 04:27 PM

2,962 posts, read 875,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
This has been explained to you numerous times, but you don't seem to get it.

This is not a praise forum. This is a forum to discuss all aspects of religion and spirituality...or the lack thereof...negative and positive. If you want a praise forum, just go up to the christianity part of the forum. That's a little closer to what you seem to want.

So, whomever you're quoting, has every bit as much right as you do to express themselves, and they are no more imposing their views than you are. In fact, you've admitted you proselytize.
I understand that your primary "mission" on R&S is anti-Christianity, and you feel you need to keep your guard up, lest you accidentally get converted. LOL...

You think some Christians are "on a hunting expedition... they want to bag an atheist and convert them (or from some other religion). I simply will not let that stand.”

Recognize these quotes?...
https://www.city-data.com/forum/56076680-post21.html

Old 09-03-2019, 04:35 PM

16,151 posts, read 6,477,036 times
Quote:
I understand that your primary "mission" on R&S is anti-Christianity, and you feel you need to keep your guard up, lest you accidentally get converted. LOL...

You think some Christians are "on a hunting expedition... they want to bag an atheist and convert them (or from some other religion). I simply will not let that stand.”

Isn't that usually called fishing expedition? Aren't you called upon to be fishers of men?

Didn't you show up in the Atheism form and get in fights? I distinctly remember asking you if this was the new you how bad of a dick the old you was. You called us all swine and then apologized and we were very gracious to you.

Old 09-03-2019, 04:36 PM

1,378 posts, read 398,819 times
Basically Atheists throughout the world are free to be as abusive & hateful as they like on every forum because that's the way they were when they killed Jesus & All The Saints Etc. We are trained to expect that from the maddening crowd on the internet & everywhere else. It is just how people are in society. Mob mentality gets a hold of them & all intelligence goes out the window.

But religious people must be like Jesus & Never talk back or try to defend themselves against the mob, or they will be banned in order to appease the angry mob & settle the forum down.

That's just the way life is on earth

Old 09-03-2019, 04:51 PM

2,962 posts, read 875,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Isn't that usually called fishing expedition? Aren't you called upon to be fishers of men?

Didn't you show up in the Atheism form and get in fights? I distinctly remember asking you if this was the new you how bad of a dick the old you was. You called us all swine and then apologized and we were very gracious to you.
Are you referring to this A&A thread?
https://www.city-data.com/forum/athei...ff-thread.html
It would be helpful to provide context for your accusations. Your dictionary must have a non-standard definition of “gracious.”

Old 09-03-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
Basically Atheists throughout the world are free to be as abusive & hateful as they like on every forum because that's the way they were when they killed Jesus & All The Saints Etc. We are trained to expect that from the maddening crowd on the internet & everywhere else. It is just how people are in society. Mob mentality gets a hold of them & all intelligence goes out the window.

But religious people must be like Jesus & Never talk back or try to defend themselves against the mob, or they will be banned in order to appease the angry mob & settle the forum down.

That's just the way life is on earth
There are still countries where apostatcy is a death sentence. Atheists actually can be murdered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discri...rity_countries

Quote:
Since atheism is not a belief nor a religion, non-believers are not given legal status in Iran. Declaration of faith in Islam, Christianity, Judaism or Zoroastrianism is required to avail of certain rights such as applying for entrance to university,[141][142] or becoming a lawyer, with the position of judge reserved for Muslims only.[143] The Penal Code is also based upon the religious affiliation of the victim and perpetrator, with the punishment oftentimes more severe on non-Muslims.[141][144] Numerous writers, thinkers and philanthropists have been accused of apostasy and sentenced to death for questioning the prevailing interpretation of Islam in Iran.[145][146][147] The Iranian Atheists Association was established in 2013 to form a platform for Iranian atheists to start debates and to question the current Islamic regime's attitude towards atheists, apostasy, and human rights.[148]
Interestingly enough, the early Christians were called heretics and atheists. They denied the established God(s). They were the minority as well.

Quote:
Early Christians were atheists! At least, that’s how some people of the time viewed them in the earliest centuries, and it’s not difficult to see why. Most importantly, they refused to worship the traditional gods. But also, judged by Roman-era criteria, they didn’t even seem to practice a recognizable form of religion. In the crucial first couple of centuries at least, they had no shrines or temples, no altars or images, and no sacrificial rites or priesthood.[1]
We just currently haven't declared a replacement like they have and I doubt we ever will but I reject your beliefs as factual just the same.

https://larryhurtado.wordpress.com/2...were-atheists/

Old 09-03-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Are you referring to this A&A thread?
https://www.city-data.com/forum/athei...ff-thread.html
It would be helpful to provide context for your accusations. Your dictionary must have a non-standard definition of “gracious.”
I'm referring to a conversation not a thread. I have the ability to remember conversations but not always who said it. Thanks for pulling it up I'll link up what I am talking about. By the way, how is asking you that an accusation? Either you said it or you didn't. I was giving you the opportunity to correct me if I was mistaken.

here is the guy you've been quoting after you came onto the A&A forum (which is inconsistent if you're going to complain about us discussing things on the R&S thread). The reality is you just have a problem with us so you're going to nitpick us on a personal level and never touch an actual idea.

We din't hold grudges. If you note that you were out of line first with
Quote:
Like pearls to swine.

and regret that you did it, you can start over.
You don't get to get ask questions and refuse to answer any put to you. And you don't respond to points with "Fool hath said" snipes.

But you do get to say 'sorry' and start over.

That's a hell of a lot more gracious than your God.

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 09-03-2019 at 05:11 PM..

Old 09-03-2019, 05:05 PM

1,378 posts, read 398,819 times
The Free world. The countries you are mentioning are not the free world. They don't let people have free speech on the net. In the Free World Atheists are given free reign to insult all believers, while believers must be like Jesus & The Saints & allow themselves be insulted without resistance . If they resist then flame wars start & the believer is removed to quieten the crowd down

Old 09-03-2019, 05:11 PM

51,521 posts, read 24,873,764 times
Quote:

And I stand by every word.

We atheists -- old or new -- are here for a number of reasons, including the purpose of bringing to the attention of others the abuses of religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality