Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2015, 12:11 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The purpose of the Supreme Court should be to protect all rights. Which means not taking away the rights and freedom of the majority to satisfy the lone atheist who hates God.
They aren't taking away any rights though. They have long determined that religious displays have no place in schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 01:12 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Can we get another cookie here for jeffbase?
Typical pointless atheist condescending remarks. If you really want me to believe that your side is the just one, comments like this are counter productive.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:16 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,337,464 times
Quote:
Typical pointless atheist condescending remarks. If you really want me to believe that your side is the just one, comments like this are counter productive.
Want to respond to something an Atheist says? Just call it typical!

Old 02-23-2015, 01:17 PM

Wow, so you dug up examples where it was the secular left that forced change on Christians and one example of a single Christian holding an extreme position. I'm not impressed.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Want to respond to something an Atheist says? Just call it typical!
I just find it rather sad that your side has to resort to petty snarky comments and insults because you just can't stand it when someone stands up to atheist bullies and exposes the truth.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:24 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,337,464 times
Quote:
Wow, so you dug up examples where it was the secular left that forced change on Christians and one example of a single Christian holding an extreme position. I'm not impressed.
One extreme Christian with the power to sign in law.

For what it's worth, you asked for ONE. Well -- Take your pick!

Last edited by wolf39us; 02-23-2015 at 01:35 PM..

Old 02-23-2015, 01:24 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Your post was so ridiculous that it deserved such a remark. You do not have a right or freedom to violate the constitution of the U.S. just because you are part of a majority. Might does not make right. If 75% of the people want to enslave the remaining 25%, too bad. It's against the law. If 95% of the population wants Christian symbols in public schools, too bad. This is a constitutional republic, not a mobocracy.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
And yet the Founders wrote just that on the subject. So chances are that was their intent behind the law .
The founders wrote a lot about the importance and value of religion of society. I doubt they considered the thoughts of people who are anti-religious. They just wanted to avoid a Church of England type existence.

Furthermore, this propoganda that Christianity is in a rapid severe decline is pretty much hogwash. A deeper analysis reveals that it is usually the people who were Christian by generational culture only have only dropped off. OTOH, I certainly don't see empty parking lots in the churches. I see about the same attendance year after year. If ppl are really leaving the churches in droves then we would see the churches close up their doors as they can't pay the bills with an extreme decrease in offerings revenue.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Your post was so ridiculous that it deserved such a remark. You do not have a right or freedom to violate the constitution of the U.S. just because you are part of a majority. Might does not make right. If 75% of the people want to enslave the remaining 25%, too bad. It's against the law. If 95% of the population wants Christian symbols in public schools, too bad. This is a constitutional republic, not a mobocracy.
Such remarks are useless, and only serves as a tasteless mechanism to prop up your side as being superior. If my posts are so ridiculous then:

A. Don't read them.

B. Prove them wrong.

Telling me I need a cookie does neither.

As for the Constitution, you don't have the right to violate my freedom of religion, but that is exactly what you want to do so you can have freedom FROM religion.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
One extreme Christian with the power to sign in law.

For what it's worth, you asked for ONE. Well -- Take your pick!
Still waiting for a good example, but I didn't expect to get one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality