Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2015, 11:37 AM

23,179 posts, read 10,474,991 times

Advertisements

The more science progresses, and the more technology progresses, mankind has found a universe so extremely huge that nobody on Earth can even imagine just how big it really is. There are uncountable Galaxies that each one have billions of stars and millions of Earths. Why do humans think so much of themselves not to consider that there are 100 million Earth that are inhabited with other life forms?

The years that humans have been on this Earth is so small of era that is if we have only lived a half second of time since the universe began.

We are just in the birth pangs of learning science and technology in such a short amount of time, but if the Earth goes on for another ten thousand years, what will man be able to accomplish then?

And if there is just one Earth that is ten thousand years past our science and technology, it would be silly to think there are no other forces in the universe besides Earth.

It would be silly to think there is no other spirit in the universe that has evolved ten million years past our intelligence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 11:54 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,800,082 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

People assuming that God never presents himself are just wrong, why would god present himself to somebody who doesn't believe in him?
You can't be serious? God does not nor has he ever "presented" himself because it does not exist. Prove it. That's all I'm saying, either you believers come up with evidence or this god himself needs to show up. I would think it would want to especially prove itself to the unbelievers, you know? The rest of your post is just gobbledy-goop.

Old 01-24-2015, 12:08 PM

[quote=Northsouth;38155542]
Quote:

You can't be serious? God does not nor has he ever "presented" himself because it does not exist. Prove it. That's all I'm saying, either you believers come up with evidence or this god himself needs to show up. I would think it would want to especially prove itself to the unbelievers, you know? The rest of your post is just gobbledy-goop.

I am serious, many Jews have claimed that God has revealed himself to them, whose to say they are wrong?

YOU?

But let's consider that God has never revealed himself to anyone{He has}. If you are a man of science, and reason having logic, are you the one to say there are not any other Earths out there, and there are no life forms on any other Earths?

What do you suppose are the odds of there being a thousand Earths inhabited by other people?

That is what you would have to claim in order to say that there is no God, your claim would be that this Earth is the only rock with life forms in the whole universe.

From science and reason, this idea is not very reasonable.

Does the Bible show a spaceship coming to Earth and talking to men?

Old 01-24-2015, 01:29 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,957,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

People assuming that God never presents himself are just wrong, why would god present himself to somebody who doesn't believe in him?

Nonsensical question.
Because if god wants nonbelievers to know he really exists he has to show himself to prove it.

Believing and knowing are not the same thing. A believer is someone who believes in
Santa Claus and Easter bunnies. But if you want people to know something is real
you have to prove it. If you want people to believe something is real you don't have to prove anything.

Old 01-24-2015, 01:43 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,697,470 times
[quote=Hannibal Flavius;38155693]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post

I am serious, many Jews have claimed that God has revealed himself to them, whose to say they are wrong?

YOU?

But let's consider that God has never revealed himself to anyone{He has}. If you are a man of science, and reason having logic, are you the one to say there are not any other Earths out there, and there are no life forms on any other Earths?

What do you suppose are the odds of there being a thousand Earths inhabited by other people?

That is what you would have to claim in order to say that there is no God, your claim would be that this Earth is the only rock with life forms in the whole universe.

From science and reason, this idea is not very reasonable.

Does the Bible show a spaceship coming to Earth and talking to men?
So many fallacies in this post, so little time.

Old 01-24-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Nonsensical question.
Because if god wants nonbelievers to know he really exists he has to show himself to prove it.

Believing and knowing are not the same thing. A believer is someone who believes in
Santa Claus and Easter bunnies. But if you want people to know something is real
you have to prove it. If you want people to believe something is real you don't have to prove anything.

I think you are under the impression that all people are the same. What was said was hidden from the great majorities so that you and others who do not follow God cannot read what was written. The call of Christ is open to all and many are called but few are chosen.

All people are not alike Cisco Kid, God could make all people immortal but after this is done, what will Hitler do, and what will all the evil people do after great power has been given to them?

This life is a logical test that brings out truth in people and it divides the good from the bad for reasonable reasons. If there is another life after this dying body dies, why would God give the unrighteous the same thing he gives to the righteous? And what better way to test a person or to refine a person by giving that person something of no value, just to see if he can be trusted with great value?

You hire a young kid and put him to work in a dry cleaner business taking people's clothes, and so you put a nickel in one of the pockets to see what your new employee will do. It is a test to see what he will do with a nickel. If he keeps the nickel, then who would trust him with anything?

Luke 16 is an entire chapter devoted to just this reasoning, that you have this life and this body on loan and it isn't even your body, pertaining to what you really would be after this life. But if you take this life and use this body to live like a king in your own desires, then why in the world would God give you a powerful, incorruptible, immortal body?

If you cannot be trusted with what belongs to another man, then why would God trust you with a a valuable, powerful incorruptible body?

Why would God give power to everyone?

He wouldn't and he didn't, he tests ALL people and this is simple logic because the unrighteous should not share in what the righteous share in but each person deserves a chance, and that chance cannot come into play unless a person actually seeks God, and the person is given to good works.

How would God test anyone if he was sitting on a throne doing miracles each day?

There wouldn't be any unbelievers would there be?

There would be no test, no way to prove a person, no way to refine a person.

Luke 16

The marriage between body and spirit.

A man is given the law and the mission to use his body in the service of God, but instead, he chooses the desire of money and success and he is committing adultery within his own self.

A marriage within people
''Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery, and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery..''

And he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods.
And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward.
Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed.
I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.
So he called every one of his lord's debtors unto him, and said unto the first, How much owest thou unto my lord?
And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty.
Then said he to another, And how much owest thou? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and write fourscore.
And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.
And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.
He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.
If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?
No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.
And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.
There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day.

The kingdom of heaven is within you and reachable, don't go out to the wilderness to find him, there is a path within you that leads to him if the door is opened.

The Purpose of Jesus' Parables
12"For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him. 13"Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14"In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says, 'YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND; YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE.

Jesus is Coming
10And he said to me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. 11"Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy." 12"Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.…

Jesus the Bread of Life
43Jesus answered and said to them, "Do not grumble among yourselves. 44"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. 45"It is written in the prophets, 'AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.…

Old 01-24-2015, 03:50 PM

318 posts, read 516,590 times
.... From the NASB literal translation of the Christian bible, letter to the Colossians, part 1 verse 17...

........He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

.... Rather like a frog in the well-
........ How well could we see ourselves from deep inside?
...............The ole' forest for the trees idiom again.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:45 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,175,190 times

Old 01-24-2015, 07:27 PM

1,553 posts, read 926,272 times
Funny stuff, Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
If the Jets had made it to the SB, would that have been enough proof?

As a longtime Jets fan, yes, that would've been more than enough proof...

Old 01-24-2015, 07:47 PM

318 posts, read 516,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post

.... Northsouth- Did you love your parents?
.................................................. .........................If so, prove it. .: )

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................................ (from "Contact")
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality