Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2015, 05:41 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,529,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
This alleged god has a GOLDEN opportunity to show his face next week in Zona!

Super Bowl Sunday
University of Phoenix Stadium
72,000 people in attendance
Over 100 million more watching on TV

Halftime show

Tell Katy Perry to get lost, bring Michael Jackson back to life and dance alongside him on stage in a matching Muammar Gaddafi jacket as he performs "Billie Jean"!!!!!

Do this, alleged god...
If the Jets had made it to the SB, would that have been enough proof?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 06:01 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,696,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Lack of evidence is not proof that it never happened. And if your statement was true, archaeology should be constantly disproving the Bible, not the other way around.
It's not necessary Archaeology that has disproved the events claimed in the Bible, but Geology primarily and Historians. Can you provide me even one biblically-claimed supernatural event that has been proven by science to have occurred? God has failed to show himself even in his own Holy Book. Why would anyone expect him to show himself now?

Old 01-24-2015, 08:03 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,799,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
People who seek God with an open heart and mind often have supernatural experiences. I once had a pastor who claimed that his body got pinned under a tractor in the field that rolled over and an angel came and lifted it off of him. There are lots of amazing encounters, but God isn't going to waste His time revealing himself to people who hate righteousness and Christianity.
I DID seek god with an open heart and mind for 40+ years so that's bunk. I never had any supernatural experiences and even if I had they can always being explained through science. Those types of so-called "experiences" are not evidence of anything except that one's mind is working overtime trying to fool itself into believing in the unbelievable. Those who do not believe are all dying to have evidence, at least I am.

But as a believer the burden of proof is on you as to the claims of a deity. We can't prove that there isn't, you can't prove that there is so what to do? The only sane thing to do is be agnostic or atheist or both until your vengeful bible god decides to be a nice guy and prove himself. Making excuses like "he's not going to waste his time revealing himself to people who hate righteousness and Christianity" certainly don't fly in the face of what is reality.....the reality that you think you know this god so well as to speak for it. Prove it. The bible is not evidence btw, it's just an ancient story book so leave that out of it.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:31 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post

It's a story Vizio, nothing more. You read way too much into these things.
Your attitude about that says a lot.
Quote:

Audacity? How you figure? Do you believe in Santa Clause as well simply because children believe he exists? I don't "refuse" to believe, I don't believe because there is no evidence whatsoever of a god. And there are a lot of people like me who actually WOULD believe if they were presented with said evidence. You are so steeped in your fantasy you can't see it for what it really is.
Santa Claus didn't create the universe. But you seem to suggest that God, who did, should be at your beck and call. Yes...I call that audacity.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:51 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
My bible says no one has ever seen God.
And yet people continue to describe this "god" in perfect detail and know all of his motivations even though the ways of "god" are a mystery.

Doesn't really speak well for their preachings, does it?

Old 01-24-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
If he showed himself today to the entire world...how long do you think it would be until people said it was not proof enough? How many would say it was a camera trick? Or that it was some kind of natural phenomena?
About as long as it takes you to attribute anything that you don't understand to be an action of this "god" of yours.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
He did so repeatedly in the Old Testament. They saw him, and wandered away. Why are you more special than them?
In the old testament (which modern Christians try to debunk) it was thought anything unknown and occurring was an act of this "god" of yours. You know, plagues or pestilence, floods and droughts. Among other things. So why should it be believed that these people saw "god", the ever caring and benevolent arbitrator of human actions? Just more religious BS.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:09 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,799,037 times
[quote]
Quote:
Your attitude about that says a lot.
My attitude about what? You keep saying I'm audacious and now I have an attitude.....me thinks it's the other way around. I don't believe the bible - you do. But your bible is nothing more than the stories of MEN who wanted to control the masses by scaring the bejeebers out of them with hell threats and god threats. It's all bunk and proves nothing. In fact, it makes your god look like a monster.

Quote:
Santa Claus didn't create the universe. But you seem to suggest that God, who did, should be at your beck and call. Yes...I call that audacity.
Santa Clause most certainly could have created the universe....there's just as much proof in that as there is for your god to have done it. How does requiring proof/evidence make me audacious? It's a simple thing to ask for and if your god is so all-powerful then there should be absolutely no reason for him to NOT present himself. Hmmmm.....wonder why he doesn't? Could it be because IT DOES NOT EXIST?

Old 01-24-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry..I'm not familiar with any such story.

The Bible really doesn't give us details on that.
Gee, I wonder why? Possibly because it can't provide an adequate description for something that did not happen?

Old 01-24-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Don't worry we all will see him one of these day
Well, more and more drugs are being legalized so maybe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality