Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be a sugar daddy, giving up a more loving, committed relationship for fresh meat?
Yes 36 30.00%
No 84 70.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 12:40 PM

322 posts, read 430,556 times

Advertisements

Why would anyone think a women in their thirties will be the same woman when in their forties, or fifties?

Age really doesn't matter so much. We are all in a constant state of flux. There is no way to know if two people who are compatible today will be in ten years. You might grow in the same direction, and you might not. It's a crap shoot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 12:48 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,696,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That's really splitting hairs. If the sugarbaby wasn't reciprocating in the form of sexual favors, how long do you think the checks would keep coming in?
True, but sugaring is different from a normal prostitute-client relationship.

A prostitute usually meets her/his client, has sex with the client and then leaves with her/his money. It's supposed to be a cut and dry business transaction.

In addition to having sex, sugarbabies often go spend time socializing with their sugardaddy/sugarmama (dinner dates, holidays, shopping trips etc.) Prostitutes don't do this. The sugar relationship has a huge social aspect which differentiates it from simple prostitution.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:50 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,696,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I don't particularly care much about prostitution. So long as it is a business transaction between two adults, there really is no need for me to involve myself. My opinion is that I personally would never be a prostitute, but if other people want to participate, go for it.

What does this have to do with the thread topic?
Just asking. Most Americans are extremely conservative when it comes to sexual matters. I found it odd that you were chastising the original poster for being with a broke older man.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:53 PM

14,724 posts, read 33,468,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
Just asking. Most Americans are extremely conservative when it comes to sexual matters. I found it odd that you were chastising the original poster for being with a broke older man.
These broads in NYC, especially in Manhattan and Brooklyn Heights, should take what they can get, treat it as a one night stand, and keep looking, since they will NEVER make up their minds and, in the process, never find the "right man." It's the same thing in the San Francisco Bay Area, where one of my clean-cut friends who had a good MBA and worked in tech said "They all have their hand out" and moved back to the Midwest for a simpler life.

Like the bumper sticker says "Jesus is coming ... and boy is he pissed."

Old 02-21-2013, 12:54 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,713,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
I told her to get with an older man who can afford to pay for dinner. What's wrong with that? It's common sense that has been adhered to for thousands of years, for good reason.

I still don't understand how my views on prostitution relates to the thread.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:24 PM

487 posts, read 899,237 times
True, my boyfriend hasn't took me out to dinner since we first got together three years ago. Men are paid more. And if he's older with more education & experience, I think he should take me out to dinner once in a while.
Or at least Freaking buy me some flowers on Valentine's Day. Even high school kids can afford this. Not him.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:27 PM

52,446 posts, read 52,990,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohanna View Post
True, my boyfriend hasn't took me out to dinner since we first got together three years ago. Men are paid more. And if he's older with more education & experience, I think he should take me out to dinner once in a while.
Or at least Freaking buy me some flowers on Valentine's Day. Even high school kids can afford this. Not him.
Yeah... I agree....

Old 02-21-2013, 08:30 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,713,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohanna View Post
This would all be well and good if he were in his 20s. But he is in his 30s, and as such he is a loser. The chance of him improving is very very slim because he is already a fully formed adult. He's a bum. Dump him. You will eventually be sorry if you don't.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:57 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,020,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Is that really what being a Sugar Baby is? It's an exchange of money for services, no matter how nice the veneer might be.
There is not one thing we do in life that is not an exchange of money or services in pursuit of a result. Even in love we give in the hopes of receiving and if it is not reciprocated we will eventually write off that partner and seek a better investment that will provide the hoped for return.

As I read this thread I wonder how many men here would change their tune if they could afford a so called sugar baby. I'm talking about the real deal, a man who can afford to do what they want in this life.

What if they are not even looking for a sugar baby but their income insures nearly every woman they meet is someone they will support to at least some extent? Think about it. If you have an income that legitimately can support a sugar baby there will only be one girl in several hundred or even thousands for truly high income men who have a similar income. Your chances of meeting someone on an equal financial footing start slim and then you must from that very small pool find someone with whom there is a spark. Anyone who has dated knows you will meet a good number of prospective partners before you find someone with whom you have real chemistry. That beginning however will most often not bear fruit as the initial chemistry fails to overcome the many obstacles that lie between the first spark and a committed relationship. The real truth is that if you are such a man your chances of finding a partner on an equal financial footing are almost non-existent. You can either choose to be alone or decide to seek a partner from a larger pool that includes women who are lower earners. Since the world pretty much sucks without women most men choose the latter.

So there you are, you are now dating this woman with whom you share real chemistry. You have passed the initial part of dating and are exclusively dating each other. There is a problem though, there are things you want to do that she cant afford. Do you buy or not? Does she become a sugar baby because you took her on a vacation she couldn't afford? You have season tickets to the show, a luxury she couldn't afford, do you take her with you gratis or would that make her a hoar? I don't think so but by the strict definitions of some here she would be.

I think where I'm going is that not every relationship among a two people with disparate incomes is going to make the lower earner a sugar baby despite the fact that there is some unilateral gain on their end. It's the nature of the beast. A high earner is going to pay somewhat the amount depending on the inequity in the earnings. There is no getting around it without giving up the lifestyle that those earnings made possible and most are not going to want to give up their way of life.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:22 AM

487 posts, read 899,237 times
I've been a camgirl, and had a lot of repeat guys very interested and adoring of me. I pretended to like them a lot. But it was all an act. Inside I was thinking of how ugly and old this guy is, and what a nasty pervert he is. I'm sure a lot of other sex trade girls are thinking the same thing. So men, when you think of how fine and dandy your time with a hoe was, do be aware it was not real, and she would certainly not be acting the same if you were broke.

@ You guys who complain about your wives having lost their sex drive--the key to a lasting relationship is to keep things as fresh and spicy as in the beginning. Change routines. Look sexy for her. Let her know you want to be with her. Of course, she should not be letting go of herself either. My man doesn't shave for like a week, until he has a job interview or something. I find him much more attractive when he showers and maintains hygiene. I tell him this, yet he ignores me. Are you men doing this too? No woman wants to get with a man who smells like ballsweat. And are you fat and lazy? Get out there! Exercise! Eat healthy, read ingredient labels. No woman wants to have hot sex with a lazy old bozo. Unless she's being paid well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships