Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be a sugar daddy, giving up a more loving, committed relationship for fresh meat?
Yes 36 30.00%
No 84 70.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:29 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,696,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
(Referring to bolded portion above.)

I agree; the camgirl is the person that is in control. But at what cost? What is the very human price that she pays...even if the money she is making is good or even outstanding, what emotional toll does that take on her, as a person and as a fellow human being?

Sometimes I genuinely wonder if camgirls and other adult actresses may have perhaps forgotten the real meaning of what romantic love is all about...and if they have also forgotten what it is like to be truly loved and cared for, by others? Loved and cherished, not just for their bodies and their looks and not only as objects of intimate desire, but for the beautiful and loving women they already are, deep down inside? Do they feel loved and treasured, much as they truly deserve to be? Do they ever become camgirl performers, specifically because they may feel unloved, or feel that no one cares about them?
They are all doing it for the money and flexibility and often for the thrills, not because they are looking for love. They know that they are making money from their beauty and sexy bodies and guess what? THEY DON'T CARE. They aren't as dumb as you obviously think they are. It's no worse than being a nude model for art school or Playboy.

Not everyone is interested in dating. Accept it.

Why does a woman's worth depend on being sexually conservative? Do you think men who sleep around are degrading and dehumanizing themselves too? Are male models who pose topless for magazines hurting themselves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 09:46 AM

31,359 posts, read 22,341,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
They are all doing it for the money and flexibility and often for the thrills, not because they are looking for love. They know that they are making money from their beauty and sexy bodies and guess what? THEY DON'T CARE. They aren't as dumb as you obviously think they are. It's no worse than being a nude model for art school or Playboy.

Not everyone is interested in dating. Accept it.

Why does a woman's worth depend on being sexually conservative? Do you think men who sleep around are degrading and dehumanizing themselves too? Are male models who pose topless for magazines hurting themselves?
"They are all doing it for the money and flexibility and often for the thrills, not because they are looking for love" Absolutely!
I think many do it as a base survival instinct (As little work as possible for the least amount of effort). I'm sure Love never comes into play, unless the woman is looking for Richard Gere (Pretty woman complex), which I'm sure does happen from time to time.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"They are all doing it for the money and flexibility and often for the thrills, not because they are looking for love" Absolutely!
I think many do it as a base survival instinct (As little work as possible for the least amount of effort). I'm sure Love never comes into play, unless the woman is looking for Richard Gere (Pretty woman complex), which I'm sure does happen from time to time.
Most people want the maximum available return on investment of their time/energy/money and there's nothing wrong with that, as long no one's being scammed. Life is short.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:06 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,786,071 times
Quote:
They are all doing it for the money and flexibility and often for the thrills, not because they are looking for love. They know that they are making money from their beauty and sexy bodies and guess what? THEY DON'T CARE.

They aren't as dumb as you obviously think they are. It's no worse than being a nude model for art school or Playboy.
I never meant to imply that they were dumb or unintelligent I just thought in the past that maybe perhaps, in some ways, their desire to perform as cam girls might have possible components of low self-esteem issues, and/or feelings of being unloved. Certainly, I feel compassion for them, and wish them nothing but the very best...

Quote:
I don't think that either a women's liberalism or conservatism to physical intimacy determines her worth. She is already extremely worthy, as a human being, either way.

At the same time, I cannot help but think that camgirls may be forgetting a core and fundamental part of who they were and are, themselves, when they were younger for example. Does a young girl dream of eventually being a camgirl when she gets older, for example? Probably not in 99.9% of cases, I would assume. Young girls already know intuitively and are taught (or should be taught) by their parents, that that kind of behavior is inherently ethically and morally wrong -- that's why we have the movie rating system, where girls below a certain legal threshold cannot watch movies in theaters that are rated R or NC-17, for instance. This is a good thing, in my personal humble opinion. It is parents protecting their children, from harmful and hurtful content. I still don't for the life of me understand how that logic and moral framework all magically goes "out the window", so to speak, just because a girl later happens to get old enough to actually watch a R- or NC-17 rated movie.

By engaging in the camgirl lifestyle, does the performer remember their hopes and dreams of their younger years? Do they lose a sense of themselves, by compartmentalizing their work lives and their personal lives? Do they even remember, their younger selves, and how they used to be and were, in the past? If they had it to do over again, would they have done the same thing, or told their younger selves, if they had been able to, to choose a different path? It is after all, quite a radical and drastic change in their lifestyle and worldview, before vs. after...

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 02-28-2013 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: Edits / Clarified language

Old 02-28-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I never meant to imply that they were dumb or unintelligent I just thought in the past that maybe perhaps, in some ways, their desire to perform as cam girls might have possible components of low self-esteem issues, and/or feelings of being unloved. Certainly, I feel compassion for them, and wish them nothing but the very best...
You are saying that camgirls become camgirls because they are looking for romantic love. They don't. That is treating them like they're stupid. Your 2-cent pop psychoanalysis is old, tired and quite frankly, invalid.

If a woman had low self esteem and was really desperate for love, she would simply rush into a marriage with the first man who proposed to her and spend years of her life being miserable. It happens all the time.

Quote:
I don't think that either a women's liberalism or conservatism to physical intimacy determines her worth. She is already extremely worthy, as a human being, either way.

At the same time, I cannot help but think that camgirls may be forgetting a core and fundamental part of who they were and are, themselves, when they were younger for example. Does a young girl dream of eventually being a camgirl when she gets older, for example? Probably not in 99.9% of cases, I would assume. Young girls already know intuitively and are taught (or should be taught) by their parents, that that kind of behavior is inherently ethically and morally wrong -- that's why we have the movie rating system, where girls below a certain legal threshold cannot watch movies in theaters that are rated R or NC-17, for example. This is a good thing, in my personal humble opinion. It is parents protecting their children, from harmful and hurtful content. I still don't for the life of me understand how that logic and moral framework all magically goes "out the window", so to speak, just because a girl later happens to get old enough to actually watch a R- or NC-17 rated movie.

By engaging in the camgirl lifestyle, does the performer remember their hopes and dreams of their younger years? Do they lose a sense of themselves, by compartmentalizing their work lives and their personal lives? Do they even remember, their younger selves, and how they used to be and were, in the past? If they had it to do over again, would they have done the same thing, or told their younger selves, if they had been able to, to choose a different path? It is after all, quite a radical and drastic change in their lifestyle and worldview, before vs. after...
Plenty of young girls dream about becoming beautiful, glamorous, sexy models and actresses. Ever heard of Victoria's Secret? How is strutting around wearing nothing but lacy underwear any worse/better than being a webcam model? Doing sex scenes in movies?

Your opinion:

Women who take their clothes off for money (sexually liberal) = bad, degrading, dehumanising, immoral, low self esteem

Which supports the opposite idea that:

Women who keep their clothes on (sexually conservative) = good, dignified, moral, high self esteem

So yes, you are judging women based on perceived sexual availability. I hate that a woman's social world hinges on whether she is a "****". I am also really tried of the idea that all women must remain virgins/virginal until marriage and spend the rest of their life doing not much else but making kids. If that's the life you want, fine, but keep in mind that many other people have no interest in that lifestyle.

You didn't answer my other questions about men. There are plenty of male webcam models.

Is a man who models topless for magazines degrading himself?

Are men who sleep around with lots of women degrading themselves?

Last edited by StabbyAbby; 02-28-2013 at 11:37 AM..

Old 02-28-2013, 11:26 AM

630 posts, read 1,051,651 times
Does a young girl dream of becoming an admin assistant? A retail manager? No..they grow up to become adults and after entering the real world their dreams of becoming an astronaut, or a movie star, or a highly paid fashion designer suddenly aren't so realistic anymore. A lot of so called female professions pay so low it's not even worth the stress. Some of these girls start out in an industry they THOUGHT they would like only to become cam girls, realizing it is a better fit for them. I've even known corporate sales professionals who became tired of the cattiness of the office culture, the high stress, and the long hours to drop their careers for camming because the earning potential will maintain a lifestyle they've become accustomed to with the added benefit of flexibility. Performers are definitely more in control then you may think, and do not fit the damsel in distress image you've portrayed here. There are qualities that make these women able to do what they do: they may have an exhibitionist streak, highly sexual, creative, lifestyle dommes who want to supplement their incomes, etc. I know a girl who after having done this for years has it down to an art, she makes five hundred-two thousand a day just to chat without even removing her clothing. She charges about fifteen dollars a minute and has accumulated regulars...she's very intelligent, entertaining AND business savvy though so maybe not the norm.

By the way Stabbyabby you are definitely informed and I couldn't have said it any better.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:35 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,786,071 times
Quote:
You are saying that camgirls become camgirls because they are looking for romantic love. They don't. That is treating them like they're stupid. Your 2-cent pop psychoanalysis is old, tired and quite frankly, invalid.

If a woman had low self esteem and was really desperate for love, she would simply rush into a marriage the first man who proposed to her and spend years of her life being miserable. It happens all the time.
I didn't mean just romantic love -- rather, that they might feel unloved overall, generally speaking. I freely admit that I could certainly be mistaken, and in error. It is just what I had previously assumed, that lack of love might be a possible motive for them to enter into the line of work that they choose. I have never actually known a cam girl personally, myself, so if I am in error, then I apologize. I never meant to insult a cam girl by implying that she was stupid, though.

Quote:
Plenty of young girls dream about becoming beautiful, glamorous, sexy models and actresses. Ever heard of Victoria's Secret? How is strutting around wearing nothing but lacy underwear any worse/better than being a webcam model? Doing sex scenes in movies?
There is a world of difference between being a Victoria's Secret model and being clothed and not engaging in something like being fully-topless and full frontal nudity, and a webcam model who is completely and totally bare or topless. There is no comparison; one is clothed (however skimpily), while the other is not. And FWIW, I very much dislike in the extreme nude scenes in movies

Quote:
Your opinion:

Women who take their clothes off for money (sexually liberal) = bad, degrading, dehumanising, immoral, low self esteem

Which supports the opposite idea that:

Women who keep their clothes on (sexually conservative) = good, dignified, moral, high self esteem
I never said that; those are your words. I am not judging camgirls personally as bad, degrading, dehumanized, immoral, or otherwise bad people. I think that all people are actually inherently good. Again, I am not judging the *person*, I am simply saying that the action and act itself of being undressed publicly and knowingly, in front of a camera, honestly stuns and bewilders me that the women who do that cannot see how fundamentally wrong that behavior is, on so many levels...

Quote:
So yes, you are judging women based on perceived sexual availability. I hate that a woman's social world hinges on whether she is a "****". I am also really tried of the idea that all women must remain virgins/virginal until marriage and spend the rest of their life doing not much else but making kids. If that's the life you want, fine, but keep in mind that many other people have no interest in that lifestyle.
I have no problem with living and let live...different strokes, for different folks after all. At the same time: you do realize that the flip side of the bolded portion above is that there are certain people who will try to influence or persuade a young woman to become a camgirl, where if the circumstances were different, she would otherwise flatly reject them. In other words, that some people are intentionally trying to push their lifestyles on others (i.e., pressuring them to become camgirls, Playboy bunnies, adult film actresses, and the like). So it goes both ways -- if some people are trying to influence people to become camgirls, etc., why can't I also express my views against that sort of lifestyle? Keep in mind that I'm not trying to force someone to do anything, either way...you're not going to see me declaring that camgirls are "evil", for example; that will never happen...

Quote:
You didn't answer my other questions about men. There are plenty of male webcam models.
If male webcam models show their private parts online, then I do not approve of the morality *of that behavior*, either.

Quote:
Is a man who models topless for magazines degrading himself?
The male anatomy in that area is functionally non-anatomical, and non-s*xual, in nature, so the same logic obviously does not apply...

Quote:
Are men who sleep around with lots of women degrading themselves?
I am not judging them personally by any means, but I do think that kind of behavior is self-destructive and harmful to them themselves, emotionally, so I cannot condone that behavior either.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:55 PM

487 posts, read 899,237 times
Well la dee da, camming is the life. Not.

The worst thing about being a camgirl for a living is not having every crevice be examined by perverted men jacking off and drooling creepily, but rather, the toll it takes on one's sex life. Ladies, you will become loose. Very loose. Unless of course, you refuse to use toys, in which case, good luck getting customers if you're not willing to stick crap inside yourself.

And you think little tissy things at the office is bad? How about shoving a stick up yourself for hours a day? It gets old fast. The same thing, over and over: strip, shove things up self, dude comes. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. After doing this awhile, it gets old. And do you think after 2 or 3 hours of that you're going to want to have sex with your real boyfriend? Probably not. Well at least in my experience, I was in no mood for sex after 'work'.

And then, you'll just feel gross afterwards.

And then, there are a LOT of men who are pedophiles. I've been asked to pretend that I'm 12 or around that age many times in my short time as a camgirl. As I'm sure you can imagine, that lowered my general opinion of men and humanity a bit.

I've given it a lot of thought and have come to the conclusion that working a job that allows me to use my knowledge and intelligence for ends more meaningful and positive for society, even if it pays less, is worth it. At least with a career-oriented job like that, if you keep at it your income will rise as you gain experience and skill in the field, unlike camming/sex work, in which you lose a lot of money and interested customers, the older you get.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:58 PM

630 posts, read 1,051,651 times
djohanna if you used your mind and intelligence in camming you wouldn't have had to shove a ***** up your **** show after show. There are tons of fetishes that don't even require you to remove your clothing.

And no.. income doesn't necessarily drop off the older you get. You just branch into different streams of income...milf niche, filming fetish clips, affiliate marketing and then you invest that money.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:10 AM

487 posts, read 899,237 times
Name one. A popular one. Ok, there's shoving a stick down your throat, right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships